SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-07, 03:25 PM   #856
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes I know, but I forgott the new one and using the old one. It´s okey then I install the new one over the old one?
Yes, it's ok to just install the new files over the old ones (Rollback SH3 Commander first). If you don't you may get errors in your game, as using the old files, will cause SH3 to write some data to incorrect locations in your 1.02 game files.
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 05:19 PM   #857
Sheppard
Captain of the Nautilus

Downloads: 223

Does the torrent still work? I don't feel like downloading all these stupidly huge files
Sheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 08:04 PM   #858
Koranis
Helmsman

Downloads: 84

Can I remove this antenna without using the JSGME?
Koranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 09:45 PM   #859
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koranis1979
Oh hell... I'm not using JSGME!
Can I remove this antenna without using the JSGME?
JSGME came with your GWX installation.

1. Just unzip the GWX_-_Lowered_DF_Antennas.7z file to your \SilentHunterIII\MODS folder. This should create a "GWX_-_Lowered_DF_Antennas" subfolder under the \SilentHunterIII\MODS folder.
2. Run JSGME.exe (You will find it in your \SilentHunterIII folder, just double click on it).
3. Enable the GWX - Lowered DF Antennas mod by highlighting it in the window on the left side, then click the Right Arrow. This will move it to the window on the right side (which indicates that it is enabled). Exit JSGME.
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:30 PM   #860
kentiver
Bilge Rat

Hi all subfans

I Installed GWX last night, but when i play SH3 its more laggy, it take longer time to load, longer time to do things in the game ++. It wasnt like this before i installed it:S

Why?

I Have a 1,7Ghz Intel Duo laptop, with 1024ddr2 memory.

Ps: Can i play SH4 with this computer? I Love uboats
kentiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:34 PM   #861
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentiver
Hi all subfans

I Installed GWX last night, but when i play SH3 its more laggy, it take longer time to load, longer time to do things in the game ++. It wasnt like this before i installed it:S

Why?

I Have a 1,7Ghz Intel Duo laptop, with 1024ddr2 memory.

Ps: Can i play SH4 with this computer? I Love uboats
You have added quite a bit of new things and textures with GWX. What kind of video card to you have? GWX is much more demanding of your system then the original game. Not to worry, sometimes in the option page you can reduce particle density and this helps with lag. Use the light harbor traffic mod as well. Shut down any background programs running.

If SH3 GWX is giving you some ills then SH4 will also give you some issues.

Let us know what video card you have.
Old 03-13-07, 05:18 PM   #862
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66
Default T1 torps in GWX 1.02

Hi masters.
Is it only me, or are the T1´s more "detectable" in v1.02? Or are the skippers both in the navy and the commerce fleet more experienced now?
In the first torp lesson in school all skippers sees the T1´s coming and try´s to evade them making it very hard to get better than average on that and the convoy lesson. I had excellent before 1.02. In game it seems that anything less than 8m/s wind or so and they will see or here the T1´s coming. No problem, just wondering, I´ll just take more T2´s with me, I´m in -42. I started in -41 in this first career after a full reinstall, so have not tested how it works in -39. What say you?
Old 03-14-07, 02:07 AM   #863
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzs von swe
Hi masters.
Is it only me, or are the T1´s more "detectable" in v1.02? Or are the skippers both in the navy and the commerce fleet more experienced now?
In the first torp lesson in school all skippers sees the T1´s coming and try´s to evade them making it very hard to get better than average on that and the convoy lesson. I had excellent before 1.02. In game it seems that anything less than 8m/s wind or so and they will see or here the T1´s coming. No problem, just wondering, I´ll just take more T2´s with me, I´m in -42. I started in -41 in this first career after a full reinstall, so have not tested how it works in -39. What say you?
Just did a reinstall as well. I shot two ships in flat calm seas with T1's and I did not notice any reaction. I fired from 1000 meters in daylight. But The T1 was the second torpedo in each case, the first was a T3. Maybe the AI only reacts to the first fish out of the tube? I will try a T1 first and see what happens.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 09:30 AM   #864
Roger
Mate

Downloads: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes I know, but I forgott the new one and using the old one. It´s okey then I install the new one over the old one?
Yes, it's ok to just install the new files over the old ones (Rollback SH3 Commander first). If you don't you may get errors in your game, as using the old files, will cause SH3 to write some data to incorrect locations in your 1.02 game files.
thanks for your help.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 09:32 AM   #865
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Just reporting a minor, insignificant "event":

RMR, 23. April, 1940, 1450: three Tribal reported in grid AO12, SE, 12kts. They're 70, 110 and 160 km north of Oslo.
RMR, 24. April, 1940, 0300: they are now reported being 120 km north of Gothenburg.

Would love to make a snapshot of them, but they're too far away for me. And probably high up in the mountains?!

Back to AF87
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 01:36 PM   #866
LMD
Cap'n

Downloads: 340

Good evening, everybody.
I installed this mod with 1.02 patch few days ago. Everything was fine till today. When i tried to load my career the load list was absolutely empty. I checked the folder in My Documents but its still there. The funniest thing is that in main menu the function SAVED CAREER is optional. What can u say about this?
LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 02:05 PM   #867
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster
Just reporting a minor, insignificant "event":

RMR, 23. April, 1940, 1450: three Tribal reported in grid AO12, SE, 12kts. They're 70, 110 and 160 km north of Oslo.
RMR, 24. April, 1940, 0300: they are now reported being 120 km north of Gothenburg.

Would love to make a snapshot of them, but they're too far away for me. And probably high up in the mountains?!

Back to AF87
Are you running 1.02 ?

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 02:15 PM   #868
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Sorry 'bout that, but yes. 1.02. Scared and pleased!

SH3Commander, SHgen plus some small tweaks from Ducimus a.o. but haven't touched Campaign files (if that's where the ships are "generated").

As said, no big deal. Just a FYI.

Now back to AN23...
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 02:18 PM   #869
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

:hmm: It was reported before and I thought I had got all of those

Will have to have another look

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 03:12 PM   #870
isgrim
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

so i get home from a 100k tonnage patrol in 41 at 90% difficulty with the GWX mod. All the kills are numbered in the patrol log, but nothing shows up at total tonnage on my savegame, or at the u-boat aces rooster. how difficult was it for the romanian team to add and substract and show a true total?
isgrim is offline   Reply With Quote