SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-07, 01:06 PM   #2206
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

36A with mag torpedos
Salvo of 2

Transport barge 1 torpedo impact

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 01:24 PM   #2207
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Gorshkov you really are lacking something in the attic if you think "problems" (which the others have proved are not problems) with sinking ships you are NOT supposed to sink from your own side are bugs. Do you have a problem sinking allied ships? You do know you get a huge renown hit for sinking your own ships, unless you mod the cfg files in which case it's your responsibility.
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 01:35 PM   #2208
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Yes, I have sunk both barges but using two torpedoes per boat. After one torpedo hit barges only stopped instead of sinking immediately. As for 185 ton ships it is amazing resistance!

I have also checked Type-36A destroyer third time. It is something strange with this ship. She withstood three under-keel torpedo detonations and...missed a short while later exactly as I had reported here a week earlier.

OK, that is all from my side about this bizarre problem. Do what you want with it...

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Gorshkov; 12-02-07 at 02:25 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 02:40 PM   #2209
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

The TB I sank only took one impact torpedo to the bow. Dont really know what's the problem, but you are the only one I've seen with this problem.

Happy Easter!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 02:55 PM   #2210
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
I guess those three ships can be sunk by air bombardment and gunfire but not by torpedoes as I have tried.
Anyway type 36A destroyer definitely isn't sinkable that way. I hit her twice with five torpedoes each time with no damage except visual post-explosion marks on her hull.
As for both barges, they received one torpedo hit each and withstood it.
Are you sure this isnt just your shooting technique.

I have played as an RN Sub against the kriegsmarine
and have never had any problems with any german ship of
any size. and I do mean using only standard torpedo's?

[edit] take it off lock and move the cursor 80% of the way
forward to where it would unlock the target and fire.
either that or learn to shoot manually either of these will
get you a 36A on first shot.
once you have figured out that its your shooting I would then
own up to it and come good with the kpt or buzz off.

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 03:09 PM   #2211
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Gorshkov... Simply put, its now too late. All the ships you are supposed to sink do sink and that is the main thing.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 05:58 PM   #2212
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

I've just run a test of the ships in question and sunk them all with ONE TOPEDO! This test was made using the GWX2.0 final beta release and GWX 1.03 production release.

As far as I can tell there is NO PROBLEM with these units in game.

As may you know GWX uses a combination of damage and flooding to sink units and hitting them in the right place (For me the bow area works everytime), and giving them enough time (<1 hour in game) These units sink with one torpedo shot.

@Gorshkov, Thanks for wasting our time.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 06:05 PM   #2213
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
I guess those three ships can be sunk by air bombardment and gunfire but not by torpedoes as I have tried.
Anyway type 36A destroyer definitely isn't sinkable that way. I hit her twice with five torpedoes each time with no damage except visual post-explosion marks on her hull.
As for both barges, they received one torpedo hit each and withstood it.
Hi!

I've been conducting some experiments with the German Type 36A destroyer, and it definitely seems, ah, "unusually resilient" to torpedo attacks in some cases. Be that as it seems, I'm not sure it makes much difference in Silent Hunter III (or GWX V2.0) since the only folks with working torpedoes are German U-boats, so the net result is that you are saved a boatload of renown point penalties for fratricidal attacks.

The experiments also showed the Type 36A is certainly sinkable by gunfire, bombs, and rockets, which the Allies have in abundance, so at least for now I would categorize this as a "feature" rather than a "bug." Now, if and when the Allies get torpedoes I suspect the last thing you will be worrying about will be torpedoing German destroyers, since having Allied torpedoes would enable things like the "Fido" antisubmarine torpedo...

I've also noticed the carcass of a sunken Type 36A destroyer sits on the surface in two pieces. That to me is also a "feature" since 1) the ship still counts as being destroyed and 2) historically, a lot of ship carcasses stuck around on the surface for a while. It is definitely different but I'm not sure it is wrong.

Just my $0.02!

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 06:18 PM   #2214
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Default late war sensors

What date do the late war sensors go onto the gwx game? I am in Dec 1943 right now
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 11:49 PM   #2215
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun
What date do the late war sensors go onto the gwx game? I am in Dec 1943 right now

Implementation of Late War Sensors in GWX

GWX implements two new sensor antennas:

1. FuMB-3

Bali: All type VII and Type IX U-boats and their variants mount this antenna on their schnorchel starting in October 1944 as part of the FuMB-29 Bali-Anlage.

2. FuMB-37

Leros: All Type XXI U-boats mount this antenna atop their schnorchel starting in January 1945.

From the manual

So you have a ways to go yet

Basically those 2 sensors will become available as an upgrade anyway but dont buy them

Thats the time to add in the mod

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 03:59 AM   #2216
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

Thank you
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 04:34 AM   #2217
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210
Default who's fighting who?

Gorshkov, since when did u-boats attack German shipping? Why are you trying to do so? Should we complain about hitting a whale with 7 torpedoes and not seeing it explode? What about those damned seagulls? I can't get them with my flak gun. My 88 is useless also. Those nurses are also immune to my 'friendly fire!'
The Grey wolves do some excellent work FOR FREE. Give them the credit they deserve and let them work in peace or else make a better supermod yourself.
I'm getting GWX 2 and donating to Subsim ,and you can be sure that I'm gratefull (as are many others), for the fine work Subsim and the modders do.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 06:23 AM   #2218
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Well Said limkol

As a note for everyone: GWX is a game created by normal people who are really passionate about it. As ordinary people though mistakes are unavoidable. Through the years the GWX team has shown that it does listen the feedback of the community and acts on it (i.e. negative/possitive buoyancy issue etc). No matter what we (the Beta Testers) do there will always be mistakes and bugs in the game. If we aim to release a game without any bug or "error" then we will never relase it. As far as the bugs are concerned the opinion of the GWX Team is that there are categorised as game-killers and unavoidable ones. If the bug is a game killer then we will do anything we can to correct it. If it's a minor unavoidable mistake we will correct it only if there is time left. Trust me there are other issues in GWX that potentially could be "fixed" but we rather spend our time working in issues that destroy your gaming experience. Finally I have the feeling that you pass judgement on someone elses work and miss the bigger picture
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 12:10 PM   #2219
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Nice post limkol but I hope you really didn't open fire on those beautiful Nurses at the Quayside with your Flak Gun ?

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 12:47 PM   #2220
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Munson
Nice post limkol but I hope you really didn't open fire on those beautiful Nurses at the Quayside with your Flak Gun ?
Something is telling me he used his deck gun....you know the "big calibre one" :p
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote