SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-17, 03:15 PM   #1321
Croshy
Watch

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Ahoi again ... is the war allready over ? was so long of naval games ...

Well had no real clew where to post correctly, but as you answered at least i reached someone. I do not claim that i did no mistake so i share with you what i did in hope you might maybe help me.

1. Before i posted here i allready did the Nvidia settings
2. i installed the widescreen Mod of the LSH Mod
3. i set the resolution in the d3d9.cfg to 1920x1080 (Native
4. the result is a not correctly scaled ingame UI so the 3d engine is fine but the ui is too small for the screen

this is the link so my website showing pictures of what i did and what the result is http://www.pieperswelt.de/interner-bereich/downloads/

I hope someone of you can help me and give me a clew what to do ... as the rest of the mod and settings work fine ...
could you tell me the link where to put this posts correctly?

Last edited by Croshy; 01-20-17 at 03:49 PM.
Croshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 03:43 PM   #1322
Croshy
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Make sure your SH3 game Graphic setting is set to your monitor's native resolution.
the oly thing i maybe did not, where is that settings at all, thought there is no resolution selection in the game ?!
Old 01-21-17, 12:05 PM   #1323
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Croshy
When you start the game for the first time SH3 defaults to its own game settings.
When _LSH3-2015_GUI_WIDESCREEN is added it knows it has to go from 4.3 to 16.9
In theory this setting should also be replicated in the LSH3-2015 Option Graphic Setting screen 1920 x 1080 although it may not show the correct HZ rate.
The correct setting can be applied from the settings showing in the drop down box.
If this is already showing the correct settings or a change is needed once applied you are set to go.
Opening the Video Option from the Main Menu should confirm a tick showing against the Full Screen setting.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 03:34 AM   #1324
Croshy
Watch

Discussion brought over to http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=2459753
Old 03-25-17, 04:16 AM   #1325
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hi,

I am just returning to SH3 since almost 10 years of absence, and have just reinstalled it.

I did so via the Steam version which currently is only 2.99€, since my old DVD failed to install, and a SF-free second buy I did some years ago failed as well.

After Steam-installation of SH3, I had a working 1.4.0.1 version, I added the resolution patch (1920x1050 here), and that was it. Game started, and worked.

Downloading LSH v5 and starting saw the file being decompressed, but when installation started, it broke off with an error saying that the installation path is wrong, and that there shall be no spaces in the location'S name. Problem is that Steam puts the game just in the usual place where Steam games go: Steam/steamapps/common/. LSH not possible for Steam version of SH3?
Old 03-25-17, 04:27 AM   #1326
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Hi,

I am just returning to SH3 since almost 10 years of absence, and have just reinstalled it.

I did so via the Steam version which currently is only 2.99€, since my old DVD failed to install, and a SF-free second buy I did some years ago failed as well.

After Steam-installation of SH3, I had a working 1.4.0.1 version, I added the resolution patch (1920x1050 here), and that was it. Game started, and worked.

Downloading LSH v5 and starting saw the file being decompressed, but when installation started, it broke off with an error saying that the installation path is wrong, and that there shall be no spaces in the location'S name. Problem is that Steam puts the game just in the usual place where Steam games go: Steam/steamapps/common/. LSH not possible for Steam version of SH3?
Hi mate
this is better solution by Bl!tzKr!eg:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227473
Old 03-25-17, 05:53 AM   #1327
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

This thread is the older LSH3 version.
I would suggest using the later LSH3-2015 version where many changes have been made to improve the game.
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 06:53 AM   #1328
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Icon12

While I am a long subsim member in these forums, I came to this thread via the official support forum link on the official LSH3 2015 dowload page. These many mods and how and what is why to be done, is quite confusing. I think I just go with the default thing once again like back in those days, and just add the tool-mods from back then that i still have on CD. But the 4 GB patch might come handy, for FSX it worked wonders.
Old 08-14-17, 09:01 AM   #1329
Claudius
Mate

Downloads: 35

The Silent Hunter III purchased on Steam to use as modifications to Living Silent Hunter III Edition 2015?

And if it is purchased by the UBISOFT website can you also install any kind of MOD without problems?

Last edited by Claudius; 08-14-17 at 09:43 AM.
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 07:43 PM   #1330
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29
radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Hi,

Hi there, and just like you it's been over ten years since I played this game and only recently my interest has been revived .

Still have my original game directory and all the mods I played with from all those years ago backed up.

Plus I have well over one hundred if not more of the mods that were released all those years ago.

So if you or anyone else is looking for something in particular? Please let me know and I will be sure to share what I have with you.

Also I just wanted to mention if you would like a image of the original DVD let me know and I will make you one from my disk and put it on my Google drive for you.

CybaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:15 PM   #1331
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
Hi there, and just like you it's been over ten years since I played this game and only recently my interest has been revived .

Still have my original game directory and all the mods I played with from all those years ago backed up.

Plus I have well over one hundred if not more of the mods that were released all those years ago.

So if you or anyone else is looking for something in particular? Please let me know and I will be sure to share what I have with you.

Also I just wanted to mention if you would like a image of the original DVD let me know and I will make you one from my disk and put it on my Google drive for you.

Thanks a lot for that!!!

CapZap
Old 10-20-20, 09:49 PM   #1332
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

BTW, welcome back!!!
CapZap