SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-07, 10:36 AM   #46
stormbird
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanx mate......been wondering why i can't complete a patrol seems i ought to stop chasing after every contact i hear or see.
stormbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 08:43 PM   #47
orangenee
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagan
I keep getting the same mission over and over again in carreer mode and I always check to see that my objectives are 100% complete. This is bugging me anyone had this?
Patrol Honsu?
I'm keep getting East China Sea, it's getting annoying.
orangenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 10:53 PM   #48
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenee
I'm keep getting East China Sea, it's getting annoying.
East China Sea is the default for when the game can't access the campaign destinations properly. Are you running any mods, noCD hacks or is it possible that some data corruption has been going on somehow?

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 04:41 PM   #49
Hazelwood
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Default How to Complete a Mission / More Info

With Beery's permission I have added a few of my own findings and observations to his guide on this subject and made the whole thing available at my SHIV web site.

Go here:

http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwin...HIV/index.html

and select "How to Complete a Mission" from the menu.

I have also built a few very simple missions you can download to practice mission completion in the several areas where the most difficulties seem to occur. Detailed briefings are there to assist you. Do not hesitate modifying these in the Mission Editor and publishing your own versions for the benefit of others. I welcome feedback/corrections etc. and will incorporate these in the document if appropriate.

This is a superb simulation but documentation of many essential features and operational controls is lacking, which creates need for all these guides and "help" forums. Well, we are here to do it but I would hope the developers would consider including these contributions as part of a future package.

You may find other items of interest at my site. Don't hesitate trying the custom missions or visiting the external links relating to WWII in the Pacific.

Best wishes,

Cpt J. Hazelwood / SS "Haddock"
Hazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 04:35 AM   #50
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Is deploy the same as patrol or sink? I just did an insertion of supplies mission, completed it, now i must deploy to Luzon.
Old 05-10-07, 01:15 PM   #51
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno
Is deploy the same as patrol or sink? I just did an insertion of supplies mission, completed it, now i must deploy to Luzon.
Deploy just means go there. Once you reach the area and achieve your Deploy goal, Command will send you new orders... the Sink ships one.
Old 05-10-07, 04:08 PM   #52
PANTERA999
Swabbie

Downloads: 80
Default problem with guard mission

sory for my english ;]

Guard.
You're required to go to the objective location and pick up pilots who parachute into the sea. You get 250 renown points if you pick up 5 pilots.

Im start mission on 10th AUGUST 1942 and I must be in the Area no later then 5th December 1942

Im in the mission aera and i cant see any pilots i have map update on but when i arrive for down pilot there are just sea no living Soul.

I patroling the Area for Several days and nothing

HELP!!!
PANTERA999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 10:08 PM   #53
ElAurens
A-ganger

Downloads: 19

Pantera, I am doing a lifeguard mission now as well. Have picked up 3 pilots, or whatever they are, so far. Been on station off Guam in May 1944 for 2 days now chasing little blue squares all over the map.

The most collosal waste of time I've ever experienced in my years of gaming. It looks like the map icons (blue squares) are being sprinkled on with a salt shaker, chase down dozens of contacts and find nothing.

Why is the Captain the only member of the watch crew that can spot survivors? Why have a watch crew at all?

Sorry, but this is just unacceptable.

" And the sea shall grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home." Christopher Columbus
ElAurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 10:27 PM   #54
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

" Why is the Captain the only member of the watch crew that can spot survivors? Why have a watch crew at all?"

It amazes me how many people complain about the AI spotting stuff then they think only the user should.
Can't win.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 11:48 PM   #55
Diggs
Swabbie

I wonder if anyone can help me...... I am trying to pull into brisbane after a patrol where I have managed roughly 70k in tonnage and can't pull into port w/o the game crashing on me...any ideas? It seems that there are too many friendly ships moving around the harbor and it's taxing the hardware too much I guess.
Diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 03:33 AM   #56
PANTERA999
Swabbie

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens
Pantera, I am doing a lifeguard mission now as well. Have picked up 3 pilots, or whatever they are, so far. Been on station off Guam in May 1944 for 2 days now chasing little blue squares all over the map.

The most collosal waste of time I've ever experienced in my years of gaming. It looks like the map icons (blue squares) are being sprinkled on with a salt shaker, chase down dozens of contacts and find nothing.

Why is the Captain the only member of the watch crew that can spot survivors? Why have a watch crew at all?

Sorry, but this is just unacceptable.
I have found Solution just dive to periscop Depth and speed is 1/3 just folo the signal and the Crew see them in several meters but is no graphics of down pilots.
Just wen you look Binoculars you have red cross and ju can pick up him but you still can't finish the mission
PANTERA999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 05:08 AM   #57
Arctic Fox
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beery
Insertion Spy.
You have to go to the objective location and drop off a spy. The radius of this mission is usually 3 nautical miles. You have to surface the boat once within this radius and bring the boat to a stop in order to be able to launch the spy's dinghy. Once the dinghy is launched the objective is completed. The option to launch the dinghy will not appear unless you surface, so you can either enter the area submerged or do a quick dive and resurface once at the objective. You usually get 200 renown points for completing this mission.
I just completed an Insertion mission last night & the dinghy launched while I was travelling at 3 knots.
Arctic Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 12:42 PM   #58
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43

If you guys don't want to pick up pilots or have a nasty mission you don't feel like doing - just sail off and sink ships instead.
Old 06-18-07, 10:18 AM   #59
MIDWAYman
Swabbie

Downloads: 126

"I'll update the guide as I get more information. Please post if you have more info."

---------------------

I don't know if anyone posted before the same thing, so please excuse me if yes.
While returning from an Insertion Spy mission near Qingdao in the East China Sea (damn, that was hard!) I suddenly received a new mission (I was still in the Sea of Phillipines, around March20,1942):

- Deploy to Iwo Jima (the completion was simple, I've just sailed towards the mark in the middle of the sea, and when I was less than 50-25 miles of the mark the flag turned to grey and I received another mission :

- Engaje and destroy enemy merchant shipping , which is what I do right now and still try to find out how to complete it (cause I've already sinked a lonely merchant ship, but nothing happened; now I try with "lonely" convoys )
MIDWAYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-07, 10:33 AM   #60
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTERA999
I have found Solution just dive to periscop Depth and speed is 1/3 just folo the signal and the Crew see them in several meters but is no graphics of down pilots.
Just wen you look Binoculars you have red cross and ju can pick up him but you still can't finish the mission
Ju have to pick up more than one.
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote