Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-18, 05:38 PM   #1
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Default World's record for most dog tricks

Watch This Famous Pup Set World Record For Most Tricks Performed in a Minute ByGood News Network-Jun 28, 2018

Hero the dog has made international headlines for his skills before, but his most recent stunt takes the cake.

Hero and his owner, Sara Carson, just broke the Guinness World Record for most doggie tricks performed in one minute. The collie is capable of performing hundreds of tricks, but his final tally came to 49 tricks in 60 seconds, which is almost double the previous record.

Carson has been working with her canine companion since he was a 4-month-old rescue puppy. Now 5 years old, Hero and Carson have traveled around the world to show off his super skills.

Many people might recognize the dynamic duo as finalists in the 12th season of America’s Got Talent. Others might have seen them on The Ellen Show or The Late Show With David Letterman.

Regardless, their career is clearly becoming more and more impressive.
“The pair have been best friends since the very beginning, even when Sara’s family and friends didn’t support her career choice as a dog trainer,” says the Guinness website. “She adopted him at a time when she really needed hope and someone to save her, which is how Hero got his name.
“Now after several television opportunities, a growing fanbase and a Guinness World Records title, the two have much to be proud of.”

My dog will sit for a cookie and fetch a ball a few times.
Old 07-08-18, 06:12 PM   #2
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Your dog may not be as talented as Hero but he's a lot smarter.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 08:01 PM   #3
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Quote:

I really pissed off my brother at his 4th cookout this week. His dog doesn't play fetch, he said the dog will just make you chase him around the yard to get the ball back. I sat there and threw the ball, and the dog just kept bringing it back to me, and would do so when I commanded too. My brother was really mad at that.

I had to laugh at the video. It listed both the Trainer and the dog as being Canadian. I don't think they have legal resident status for pets.....

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 06:30 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Your dog may not be as talented as Hero but he's a lot smarter.
LOL mine will sit, paw and other paw provided he can see the treat in your hand.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 01:03 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
I really pissed off my brother at his 4th cookout this week. His dog doesn't play fetch, he said the dog will just make you chase him around the yard to get the ball back.
I used to know a young cat who did that. Her brother would bring you a little plastic ring used to seal milk bottles, so you could throw them and he would retrieve them. After watching this game a few times the sister decided a better game would be to get to the ring first and sit on it. Poor brother would look for the ring everywhere, and never figured it out.
Old 07-10-18, 07:25 AM   #6
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I used to know a young cat who did that. Her brother would bring you a little plastic ring used to seal milk bottles, so you could throw them and he would retrieve them. After watching this game a few times the sister decided a better game would be to get to the ring first and sit on it. Poor brother would look for the ring everywhere, and never figured it out.
My cat / cats liked the milk rings too. Now, she waits for when I come in from a motorcycle ride. I lay my orange ear plugs on a paper on a small table. If I'm not looking, she steals the ear plugs, never to be seen again. I only recently found one of her " stashes " under the paper shredder in the office.

I had a Siamese cat that liked to " steal " jewelry. He only stole the good stuff though.

Some people don't give animals enough credit for how smart they are.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 10:00 AM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Yes, I've met cats who were smarter than I am.

Trickier and more devious, at least.