SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-15, 03:10 PM   #151
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula17024 View Post
I did have English selected and the advice about the weapons officer fixed my issue with the other problem! Thanks a lot for the help!

This mod really rocks! There are so so many of them I don't know which to use !!!!

Oh! Another question for anyone! When using the AOB wheel .....everything in OneLifeCrisis' video tutorials should apply In Magui. I understand it is to be used at 12x zoom or in 6x everything need to be doubled as far as the tick marks on the scope....I watched theses videos over and over and then applying it in the game,but something seems just a bit off. Thanks!
if you have the english selected then the rec book pages should appear in english. i can't think any other reason that can make rec book pages appear in german

about the AOB: the principles using the AOB wheels are the same at whatever mod you see them appear. if you want to test the wheels then you must be sure of certain things before you proceed (such as to know the true target's length and mast values and the true distance and AOB in order to confirm your tests).

look here

also, have in mind, that the wheels are not so well made images and there are ,indead, some tiny (very tiny though) deviations at results

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 01-02-15, 03:55 PM   #152
Akula17024
Sailor man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
if you have the english selected then the rec book pages should appear in english. i can't think any other reason that can make rec book pages appear in german

about the AOB: the principles using the AOB wheels are the same at whatever mod you see them appear. if you want to test the wheels then you must be sure of certain things before you proceed (such as to know the true target's length and mast values and the true distance and AOB in order to confirm your tests).

look here

also, have in mind, that the wheels are not so well made images and there are ,indead, some tiny (very tiny though) deviations at results
Wow!!! Thanks a lot. That really helped out. I was turning the wheels properly in every aspect. What I was doing was only counting horiz. marks from the center line, not from bow to stern(based on a previous turorial that was based on the OLC mods wheel. Thanks really helped out a bunch!!!!!
Old 01-02-15, 08:55 PM   #153
Akula17024
Sailor man

Quote:
Wow!!! Thanks a lot. That really helped out. I was turning the wheels properly in every aspect. What I was doing was only counting horiz. marks from the center line, not from bow to stern(based on a previous turorial that was based on the OLC mods wheel. Thanks really helped out a bunch!!!!!
Thanks again for the help and the time. You are great teacher! I have one more question.....I have been watching the series of video tutorials you have on manual plotting and targeting. The scope in those vids have red and green horizontal line correlating to port and starboard, I was wondering what scope/optics mod is that or is it from the OLC mod?
Old 01-03-15, 03:18 PM   #154
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Thanks again for the help and the time. You are great teacher! I have one more question.....I have been watching the series of video tutorials you have on manual plotting and targeting. The scope in those vids have red and green horizontal line correlating to port and starboard, I was wondering what scope/optics mod is that or is it from the OLC mod?

hello Akula,
glad that you get helped and thank you for your kind words
at which video exactly you are referring to ?

Old 01-16-15, 08:01 AM   #155
Akula17024
Sailor man

Quote:
hello Akula,
glad that you get helped and thank you for your kind words
at which video exactly you are referring to ?

It is a manual targeting video that was included in a folder for the OLC Gold mod. Dealt mainly with showing you how to use the range and aob finder and the attack disc.
Old 01-16-15, 06:34 PM   #156
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
It is a manual targeting video that was included in a folder for the OLC Gold mod. Dealt mainly with showing you how to use the range and aob finder and the attack disc.
sorry Akula, afaik, none of my videos ever included in OLC Gold mod

Old 01-19-15, 09:45 AM   #157
Akula17024
Sailor man

Quote:
sorry Akula, afaik, none of my videos ever included in OLC Gold mod

There are two AVI files titled Original OLC GUI tutorial. Im not sure then wherre I found them. If you want I will try and figure it out for you. I just down loaded them from somewhere. Let me know.
Old 01-20-15, 03:28 PM   #158
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173

I'm late to this widescreen party, but thank you makman94 for this mod! I was so used to playing 1024x768 that the widescreen effect I got from this mod absolutely took me right into the U-boat's deck. I swear I could smell the sea

I was wondering if it would be technically possible to add a Maneuvering board to the Navigation map (F5), making the map look something like this:

I know how to change the tga files so that I can write or copy paste to the map, but would it be possible to expand the map area to the right so that I could use the empty space on the right to fit a working maneuvering board there?

It's difficult to verbalize what I mean, but perhaps someone with menu_1024_768.ini editing experience understands what I'm getting at, and can give me a "can't be done" or "yeah, go ahead, it should be possible" answer.

If this is possible I might edit my map to look somewhat like the picture, and if it's ok to makman94, I might also release the map as a minimod for MaGuiWS, "MoBo for MaGui WS"
Old 01-22-15, 01:58 AM   #159
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
There are two AVI files titled Original OLC GUI tutorial. Im not sure then wherre I found them. If you want I will try and figure it out for you. I just down loaded them from somewhere. Let me know.
hi John,
i can't understand about which videos you are talking about but this is not so important. the main point of my message is this: even if you saw an image that you like in there at RAOBF wheels , DON'T mix things between mods.
ps: if you manage to find a link to the video maybe i can tell you where this image can be found

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
I'm late to this widescreen party, but thank you makman94 for this mod! I was so used to playing 1024x768 that the widescreen effect I got from this mod absolutely took me right into the U-boat's deck. I swear I could smell the sea

I was wondering if it would be technically possible to add a Maneuvering board to the Navigation map (F5), making the map look something like this:

I know how to change the tga files so that I can write or copy paste to the map, but would it be possible to expand the map area to the right so that I could use the empty space on the right to fit a working maneuvering board there?

It's difficult to verbalize what I mean, but perhaps someone with menu_1024_768.ini editing experience understands what I'm getting at, and can give me a "can't be done" or "yeah, go ahead, it should be possible" answer.

If this is possible I might edit my map to look somewhat like the picture, and if it's ok to makman94, I might also release the map as a minimod for MaGuiWS, "MoBo for MaGui WS"
hello Sublynx,
thank you for your kind words

about your question:
unfortunatelly it can't be done ! expanding the map area to full the screen was one of my desires too but in sh3 (and not at sh4) there is a game limitation, the map area can only be maximized at length till 1024 pxls.

just two ideas for your idea:
1. why not a draggable MB ?
or
2. you can add a stady image of MB at the right side of screen but take care of its(your image) backround layer. make it so that leave a transparent area at its left (i am talking for your image background) in order not to cover the map area. the rest right background cover it with something that will look like map's layout .
i don't really (personal taste) like this option but it is very possible people to like it. in case that you like it keep in mind to discard the night filter becuase ,during night, the map page will look odd

all the best,
Manos

Old 01-22-15, 08:50 AM   #160
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173

Thanks a lot makman94, you saved me from a lot of futile work. I guess I'll go for the draggable mobo as I already have a version of that. I'm not happy with the one I've got and I'll have to keep on finetuning on it before I'm ready to release it.
Closed Thread