SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-19, 05:47 AM   #7141
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Yes but my times are from fully surfaced at 15 feet. I then wait on another dive until the boat is at 15 feet once more. This is for Tambor and Gar.
Thanks. Gives me a baseline to work with!

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:51 AM   #7142
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

is the inertia of ships, vessels, etc in water fixed or rather adjusted to reflect real time acceleration and "coasting" or drifting effects ? as in if i fire a torpedo at say a destroyer trudging along at 6 knots and then if it spots the torpedo or hears it. it shoots from 6 knots to 33 knots. is this addressed in this mod ?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:53 AM   #7143
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

also is there any other recommended mods i should pair with this mod or is this all i need ?
Old 01-13-19, 09:33 AM   #7144
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
also is there any other recommended mods i should pair with this mod or is this all i need ?
To my knowledge no other MODS have been tested as compatible with FOTRSU.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 12:40 PM   #7145
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
is the inertia of ships, vessels, etc in water fixed or rather adjusted to reflect real time acceleration and "coasting" or drifting effects ? as in if i fire a torpedo at say a destroyer trudging along at 6 knots and then if it spots the torpedo or hears it. it shoots from 6 knots to 33 knots. is this addressed in this mod ?
Quote:
As we've mentioned before, the "physics" of anything in the game is affected by a myriad other settings, so getting things set reasonably well in one area, will be a detriment to other areas. However, CapnScurvy has gone through every airplane, ship and sub in the game, and adjusted things rather well in my opinion. There has been a LOT of testing done. You might still see one of the fast DD able to take off, but they could in real life anyway. The big thing is that all ships are now trackable by the player at the sonar station. If you find one you cannot hear there, let us know.

As for add-in mods, none are recommended at this time. We do have add-in mods on standby status, waiting for us to finalize the "mix" of the base mod. There are plot mods, dial mods, map mods, etc., along with several others that shouldn't be too far behind the "final product". At this point in time, with all of the changes that have been instituted in FotRSU, most other mods are NOT compatible. If you have a favorite that you would like to see converted for FotRSU, give us a shout, and we'll do our level-best to make it so, or let you know that it can't happen.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 03:59 PM   #7146
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As we've mentioned before, the "physics" of anything in the game is affected by a myriad other settings, so getting things set reasonably well in one area, will be a detriment to other areas. However, CapnScurvy has gone through every airplane, ship and sub in the game, and adjusted things rather well in my opinion. There has been a LOT of testing done. You might still see one of the fast DD able to take off, but they could in real life anyway. The big thing is that all ships are now trackable by the player at the sonar station. If you find one you cannot hear there, let us know.

As for add-in mods, none are recommended at this time. We do have add-in mods on standby status, waiting for us to finalize the "mix" of the base mod. There are plot mods, dial mods, map mods, etc., along with several others that shouldn't be too far behind the "final product". At this point in time, with all of the changes that have been instituted in FotRSU, most other mods are NOT compatible. If you have a favorite that you would like to see converted for FotRSU, give us a shout, and we'll do our level-best to make it so, or let you know that it can't happen.
I would love to know how the physics in FOTRSU compare to Improved Ships Physics if anyone knows by comparison.

Will there be any Environmental Mods adjusted to use with FOTRSU or changes within FOTRSU governing Fog, Storms and Ship movements during storms?

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 04:59 PM   #7147
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

Hello

I have bad news

CTD leaving Pearl Harbor on 9-12-1941

Version 0.80 RC1
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 10:13 PM   #7148
propbeanie

Not bad news... First of all, did you use a fresh SH4 install and an empty Save folder (My Documents \ SH4)? Secondly, what boat did you use for departure? Third of all, what was your mission assignment. Fourth, and most importantly - How are you leaving Pearl Harbor on September 12th... boo-ah-ha-ha! Sorry, bad US joke... You are referring to the ninth day of December, correct (I hope)? No added mods? Thanks.

Old 01-13-19, 10:26 PM   #7149
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I would love to know how the physics in FOTRSU compare to Improved Ships Physics if anyone knows by comparison.

Will there be any Environmental Mods adjusted to use with FOTRSU or changes within FOTRSU governing Fog, Storms and Ship movements during storms?
I can't remember ISP too much, and it didn't cover all the ships that FOTRS had, did it? But from what I can remember, the "physics" are similar, though maybe not quite as "slow", if you will. Hopefully, someone else has rememberance of using it.

As for environmental mods, the original FOTRS environment is still there. though there might be some minimal changes to it. We have an altered weather "patterns" for the Aleutian missions, if you ever want to go up there - oh wait! you ~will~ go up there, at least twice, if you're based at Pearl or Midway, since they now do the Polar Circuit also... but yes, we added some weather changes in on certain missions, not the whole game. The frequency of storms and fog are increased for the Aleutians.

Old 01-13-19, 11:03 PM   #7150
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Icon14

ok thanks guys. i played a little earlier today and seem very satisfied with whats been done so far. you guys are doing a great job!

im pretty sure ive asked this before somewhere but where are the refuel ports at and are there any resupply vessels during the years and is there a list we could possibly have in the read me file of these? i know from years and years of playing this SH its always been an issue of running out of fuel and having to be very fuel mindful and learning. thanks
Old 01-13-19, 11:06 PM   #7151
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

or is it possible to make a drop down or list in game like the chronometers? something to just grab and check dates and names of ports corresponding to the in game time frame of when these ports will be available ?
Old 01-14-19, 08:27 AM   #7152
propbeanie

I've been wanting to do something along those lines drakkhen20, but haven't started. I made one slide-out a while back, but need a ~LOT~ of practice with noodling with that stuff. The menu_1024_768.ini is scary to work with. I was also consulting with aanker a while back about trying to implement a sun / moon "almanac" page somehow, hence my interest in Front Runner's Base Time 2018 thread. I know the game can do a reasonable job of tracking the sun and moon, though it can be knocked out of whack entirely too easily. The game's main problem is the "cylindrical" world, of course. They can be close enough to allow a skipper to decide about whether to do an attack now, or later. I have no interest in "real navigation" though.

As for the "re-fuel" ports, any place you see an anchor denoting an Allied base, is a location that can be used to re-fuel / re-fit. I might add-in a couple more "historical" locations for the retreat from the Philippines, such as Balikpapan, but they won't be around for long. Exmouth Gulf and Darwin can be used during certain periods, but advance bases were few and far between from the beginning of 1942 to the end of 1944. More changes are due for along the Aleutians chain, due to a recent research find that will allow me to change a base location up North... The thing about a "list" is that at the time of retreat, no one knew from day to day, what was still an active base, what was being abandoned, and what had been overrun. At the other end of it, as an Advance Base opens, there will be the NavMap Anchor indicator showing up, and for some of those, there is a "radio" message sent out, but not a "high-priority" one that interrupts the game.

Old 01-14-19, 10:53 AM   #7153
zeus
Lieutenant

Icon10

Here un spain it is 9-12-1941

9 of december 1941
Old 01-14-19, 01:06 PM   #7154
propbeanie

Excellent zeus, but had you cleared the Save game folder. v0.80 is not compatible with v0.71, nor with stock or any other mod. The Save folder should be cleared prior to activating FotRSU. Also, very few other mods are compatible with it, so it should be the only mod in use... Are you set-up like that?? Thank you.

Old 01-14-19, 03:16 PM   #7155
zeus
Lieutenant

I'm using version 0.80 Rc1
I choose a sub GAR in Pearl Harbor and when I'm leaving CTD port.
9 december 1941.
I have installed the stock version with 0.80 Rc1 and I have deleted the SH4 folder from "My Documents"

My game is not gold version but the sh4 + uboats in pacific with patch 1.5