SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-18, 10:17 AM   #6376
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
His use of MaxOptics probably doesn't help either. The 3000 yard bearing tool is already in the game also, isn't it?...
You're right propbeanie......both of these mods (like the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" mod) are to be used ONLY with the Stock v1.5 of the game. They are not compatible with Ultimate.

When the information states you should use the mod only with a certain version of the Stock game, it doesn't mean it can be used with any other mod for the Stock game.

As I pointed out earlier with the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" mod.....the menu_1024_768.ini file is changed for the Stock game....and ONLY the Stock game. You add a mod like Ultimate to the Stock game (that has it's own menu_1024_768.ini file), then go back to an incompatible file like the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" menu_1024_768.ini file.....you're asking for trouble! The last changed file will override any previously "changed" file, corrupting the original.

=======

You need to remove all your mods; do a complete CLEAN reinstall of the Stock game. Delete the Documents/SH4 folder. Use only the latest Ultimate version (v0.71), and send us an image of the HUD interface of the game. If it still looks like the Stock game, and not like my images I've posted......you don't have Ultimate added to your Stock game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 03:21 PM   #6377
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
hauangua is correct......THAT'S not Ultimate's HUD display. It's apparently the Stock game.

Take out the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5". As the instructions state...…….. only use this mod with the Stock game.

If you look through the mod, you'll see it contains the Data/Menu/"menu_1024_768.ini" file. This file is not compatible with any other mods "menu_1024_768.ini", except for the Stock game.

Now, the "menu_1024_768.ini" won't change the HUD "Command Buttons", neither does your other mods you've listed......so, you've got more problems than just pulling out one mod and getting back to Ultimate's files.
the re-re-install fixed it. not sure how it got screwed but but it did. HUD looks like the examples in the previous emails. if there was a sheepish emoticon i would use it. thanks for re-iterating what i knew already.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 07:25 PM   #6378
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I have used said emoticon many times myself... , which is a colon, followed by "oops", then another colon, and makes a flashing pink face... that's me! "Excellent" though, that you are going! As a side note, I did find issues in the Campaign files from what you saw, so your Campaign MIS files were OK. "Fixes" will be in the next release.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 09:40 AM   #6379
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Report: Possible Air Search Radar Problem?

This could be nothing, but I encountered an unusual radar-related problem last night. In the Balao on my way back to Pearl from my first patrol in that boat, I was startled by call from the watch crew that an aircraft was sighted. Sure enough the contact showed as a visible contact on the Nav map, but there had been no call from the Radar operator!

It was 02/16/1943. We were about 350 Nm NE of Wake Island; the contact was a G4M Betty which should have been detected by radar, but wasn't. I double checked to see if I had accidentally turned off the radars (SJ-1 and SD) but all were operating normally. Hitting the T key turned off the SD, and I turned it back on immediately. Had to crash dive to avoid the Betty, but he didn't see me.

Back on the surface about a hour later I was jumped by two fighters (didn't get the type), again only spotted visually, with no radar warning. I even went back through the messages to see there were no notices between the two sightings. Nothing.

After surfacing again and running for a bit, at around 16:10 another Betty appeared, this time reported both by radar and the watch at the same time! It was already only 5600 yards out and coming in fast, so I had to crash dive again.

I have never had the radar fail to detect a plane before it was spotted visually. It does tend to keep one on one's toes, for sure! Do you think it was just one of those things? I can't see why the radar would fail to detect any plane at about 8 Nm, quite a bit before it would come into visual range (about 5 Nm, more or less). Thought you might want to check it out in your copious free time!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 12:01 PM   #6380
propbeanie

We'll see what we can see torpedobait, but a few questions: 1. Had you paused the game any, shelled-out to windows or run any other apps? 2. Had you Saved and reloaded a mission, or was this a continuous run from the Captain's Office? 3. What is the experience level of the radarman? Is it maybe a different character than the patrol before? 4. How high of TC were you using, if any? 5. Any other mods activated with FotRSU? 6. Had you taken any extra tubes for the radar units with you on this patrol?

Balao boat, based at Pearl, on February 16, 1943, on the way home from patrol... The problem may well lie in the fact that in the UPC file, "UnitInterval= 1943-02-04, 1963-07-11", while in the Flotillas file we have "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-03-01, NULL". So we once again have a player splitting the seam of the FotRSU team's defense, and getting a Balao early, in spite of our best efforts to tighten up the dates everywhere... This brings me to another set of questions: what was your mission assignment? What dates did you get the boat and then leave on patrol? Did you have a really good patrol before this one, in a Gar or Gato, and then given the Balao as a "reward"? Have you gotten back to port yet, and if so, were you retired by the navy? What happens is that you are driving the boat before it exists, therefore (maybe) the radar is wonky... Thanks!

Old 07-24-18, 02:15 PM   #6381
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
6. Had you taken any extra tubes for the radar units with you on this patrol?

why do you effin staff officers always want to put the blame on my commanding officers and maintenance?!!! huh, mister! answer up!
fix the GD radar before i lose another boat and crew!!!

LAA enabled
Old 07-24-18, 02:54 PM   #6382
propbeanie

Why... that is shades of insubordination mister! Grounds for an immediate court martial and conviction - Guilty, I tell you, ~Guilty~, with a capital "G" even! To the guillotine! Oh, wait, to the firing squad!!! We'll fix the radar come 1946...

Old 07-24-18, 03:30 PM   #6383
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Dear mates: I want to play (really!) the last version of FOTRSU but I have a problem with my SH4 (vanilla and or without FOTRSU): I can't put any antialiasing via Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector. Simply, my Nvidia card with the latest updates and W10 (Creator) don´t want to take any antialiasing settings, so the game looks horrendous. I played SH4 for years, and ever I could put 4x AA, with good results in 1920x1080 res. Now, it's impossible.

If you have some solution for this, please help me!

I don´t want to return to W7, BTW. With W10, some months ago, all worked fine. It seems some of the updates of Nvidia doesn´t work as expected.

SH5 works with external AA very well in my machine.

Many thanks in advance

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 05:51 PM   #6384
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi fitz
Windows 10 version 1803

I have just updated my drivers on GeForce GTX770 current driver 396.36
I am using just the global settings as shown in the pictures (2 parts).
No problems picture quality is very good.

Running SH3-4-5 all on global settings.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 06:05 PM   #6385
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Many thanks for the answer!

I will try it. But I note you use Gamma Correction On. Do you have the ball sun in your SH4? Also: AA application controlled....SH4 controls AA? SH5 does it, but SH4 doesn't have any control for AA.

BTW, I have the same W10 version and GTX 770 with the same update as you.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
Old 07-25-18, 01:55 PM   #6386
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
We'll see what we can see torpedobait, but a few questions: 1. Had you paused the game any, shelled-out to windows or run any other apps? 2. Had you Saved and reloaded a mission, or was this a continuous run from the Captain's Office? 3. What is the experience level of the radarman? Is it maybe a different character than the patrol before? 4. How high of TC were you using, if any? 5. Any other mods activated with FotRSU? 6. Had you taken any extra tubes for the radar units with you on this patrol?

Balao boat, based at Pearl, on February 16, 1943, on the way home from patrol... The problem may well lie in the fact that in the UPC file, "UnitInterval= 1943-02-04, 1963-07-11", while in the Flotillas file we have "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-03-01, NULL". So we once again have a player splitting the seam of the FotRSU team's defense, and getting a Balao early, in spite of our best efforts to tighten up the dates everywhere... This brings me to another set of questions: what was your mission assignment? What dates did you get the boat and then leave on patrol? Did you have a really good patrol before this one, in a Gar or Gato, and then given the Balao as a "reward"? Have you gotten back to port yet, and if so, were you retired by the navy? What happens is that you are driving the boat before it exists, therefore (maybe) the radar is wonky... Thanks!
1. Not that I recall, Sir;
2. Yes. Attacked a convoy in the rain and got nailed; reloaded a Save out of frustration before the boat sank;
3. All radio operators are Qualified as radio men; same crew there as in the preceding GAR Class boat;
4. TC was 2048; have never had a problem with aircraft detection at TC up to 8092, ever;
5. Yes, remove the own sub mark and 300' water clarity - been running them since FOTARSU Beta was first released;
6. Mission was to drop an Agent onto Hokkaido; had no space nor time before mission to load spare parts for a unit that had operated flawlessly since taking command;
OTHER: Received and accepted offer of a new boat after completing 4 successful patrols in the USS Gudgeon, ending at Brisbane; given USS Balao at Pearl on 12/3/42. Left Pearl on mission to deliver agent to Hokkaido on 3/13/43. Have not gotten back to port yet, and have NEVER been retired by the Navy since my early days in TMO-RSRDC.

My intention is to reload the Autosave game from 3/13/43 and rerun the entire patrol without breaks of any kind. I could also reload from the initial contact with the convoy that nearly killed me if you prefer.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 02:58 PM   #6387
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fitz
Windows 10 version 1803

I have just updated my drivers on GeForce GTX770 current driver 396.36
I am using just the global settings as shown in the pictures (2 parts).
No problems picture quality is very good.

Running SH3-4-5 all on global settings.

Peter
No luck. With these settings (and others), I tried SH4 1.5 vanilla and with FOTRSU, and I can't obtain any AA. The image looks jagged in the borders.

Nvidia Control Panel and Inspector seem don´t take in account the game. For me, is a problem of the latest update for the GC. SH5 and SH3 works fine with Inspector, SH4 is ignored by the GC.

I will continue to test...

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Old 07-25-18, 05:42 PM   #6388
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default FOTRSU - dive klaxon

i found that if i dive the boat just using the depth indicator no dive klaxon sounds.
if i use the Periscope depth key or the Radar depth key or the emergency Dive key, a klaxon sounds.

also, i do not see a 3000 yard indicator. i see a 1000 yd indicator.
would the EZ Plot mod get in the way of that?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
200 EZ Plot V2.0

LAA enabled
Old 07-25-18, 05:45 PM   #6389
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default FOTRSU - boat upgrade - no guns

another mystery:

completed patrol number 9 and was awarded a brand new Balao.

datewise it is November 1942.

check out this graphic and tell me what is missing.

no deck guns, no radar, no sonar. geeez. give me back my Gar boat, man.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
200 EZ Plot V2.0

LAA enabled
Old 07-25-18, 05:51 PM   #6390
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. Not that I recall, Sir;
2. Yes. Attacked a convoy in the rain and got nailed; reloaded a Save out of frustration before the boat sank;
3. All radio operators are Qualified as radio men; same crew there as in the preceding GAR Class boat;
4. TC was 2048; have never had a problem with aircraft detection at TC up to 8092, ever;
5. Yes, remove the own sub mark and 300' water clarity - been running them since FOTARSU Beta was first released;
6. Mission was to drop an Agent onto Hokkaido; had no space nor time before mission to load spare parts for a unit that had operated flawlessly since taking command;
OTHER: Received and accepted offer of a new boat after completing 4 successful patrols in the USS Gudgeon, ending at Brisbane; given USS Balao at Pearl on 12/3/42. Left Pearl on mission to deliver agent to Hokkaido on 3/13/43. Have not gotten back to port yet, and have NEVER been retired by the Navy since my early days in TMO-RSRDC.

My intention is to reload the Autosave game from 3/13/43 and rerun the entire patrol without breaks of any kind. I could also reload from the initial contact with the convoy that nearly killed me if you prefer.
Ok, let's clarify the details again... You were originally in a Gar boat, the Gudgeon. Had four good patrols, no issues with the onboard equipment, issued to your command & care by THE U.S. Navy, for your use in the prosecution of the war effort. Your crew, being of relatively sound mind and fully qualified on said equipment, had no disciplinary or others issues, and they performed their duties (as far as you know)... You were then given command of a Balao boat and assigned to insert an agent on Hokkaido. I think I have a proper chronology, correct? However, now I'm confused about the radar issue - on the Balao?? What date was the radar issue? And you went out on your first patrol in the Balao in February, or was it March?? If the radar issue was on the Gudgeon, was it after you were almost sunk??... Thanks