SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-11, 04:16 PM   #46
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
New 1.0 version update! Contains roster entries to all nations, Stoainm's floating tweaks and optional sounds. Feedback is more than welcome.
Hi Rongel !

Thanks for a very nice MOD !

But is this MOD furthermore a "WIP" ? When not, the Moderators can change the Thread Title to [REL], or ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-13-11, 03:40 AM   #47
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi Rongel !

Thanks for a very nice MOD !

But is this MOD furthermore a "WIP" ? When not, the Moderators can change the Thread Title to [REL], or ?

Best regards,
Magic
Thanks! I think there is coming one update quite soon, TDW did a little more polishing. I'll change this to REL then. The reason why it's WIP was to hear if it's working correctly before I can truly suggest people to use it. But no complaints yet
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 01:54 PM   #48
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Thanks! I think there is coming one update quite soon, TDW did a little more polishing. I'll change this to REL then. The reason why it's WIP was to hear if it's working correctly before I can truly suggest people to use it. But no complaints yet
Should be done with update here soon
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 02:02 PM   #49
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

New version update! 2.0 is now ready! And we have to thank TDW and Stoainm for this, great work guys

Ps. the mod is now [REL] so if somebody could change the title I would be real happy!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 02:26 PM   #50
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
New version update! 2.0 is now ready! And we have to thank TDW and Stoainm for this, great work guys

Ps. the mod is now [REL] so if somebody could change the title I would be real happy!
You must to wright a PM to CCIP... the admin from workshop section and ask him for that
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 03:07 PM   #51
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:

Changelog:

-additional animations by TDW
It sounds interesting! I try this mod! Thanks gentlemen!

Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 04:01 PM   #52
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Brilliant work, guys!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 02:38 PM   #53
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:

Many thanks, will give it a try !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-15-11, 09:55 PM   #54
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Hey Rongel, I just got done changing this for Zedi's Campaign files, and I got a hunch that maybe the lifeboats had the same thing going on. The .cfg files in the Sea folder is pointing to a .tga for the texture, but the texture you have included in the mod is a .dds. Now, everything still works in game with this setup, but I wonder if we shouldn't go ahead and change it to .dds.

Like I said, I made this change in Zedi's campaign files, and I did not see a difference. But, I would think things might run smoother if we were in fact pointing to the correct texture file.

Just thought I would give you a heads up on this comrade.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 11:10 PM   #55
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Like I said, I made this change in Zedi's campaign files, and I did not see a difference. But, I would think things might run smoother if we were in fact pointing to the correct texture file.
Game engine doesn't care. If it can't find .tga and there is a .dds available (same name) it will use it. If both are available it will use the .dds.

I left the ships with Zedi's campaign as .tga in case someone wanted to use .tgas instead of .dds. Remember .dds is a compressed format that has to be uncompressed. TGA is not.
Old 05-15-11, 11:13 PM   #56
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Game engine doesn't care. If it can't find .tga and there is a .dds available (same name) it will use it. If both are available it will use the .dds.

I left the ships with Zedi's campaign as .tga in case someone wanted to use .tgas instead of .dds. Remember .dds is a compressed format that has to be uncompressed. TGA is not.
I figured the game engine didn't really have problem with seeing the wrong file extension since it still renders the textures, but I don't see why we should be telling it the wrong one when we know exactly what it is. It is one more operation for the game engine to deal with......

Edit: Also, .dds files only get compressed if you tell GIMP to compress them, otherwise it leaves them uncompressed. Where as Photoshop requires them to be compressed.....just one of the reasons I will never switch to Photoshop.

2nd Edit: Just look at my interior mod, I didn't compress any of the textures because .dds compression damages images.

Old 05-15-11, 11:15 PM   #57
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I figured the game engine didn't really have problem with seeing the wrong file extension since it still renders the textures, but I don't see why we should be telling it the wrong one when we know exactly what it is. It is one more operation for the game engine to deal with......
Not really. All of that is loaded/figured out at game start. If you think it's doing it dynamically then pick a texture and change it while in game. See if the game engine uses the new texture.
Old 05-15-11, 11:18 PM   #58
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

thanks for this excellent mod
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 11:20 PM   #59
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Not really. All of that is loaded/figured out at game start. If you think it's doing it dynamically then pick a texture and change it while in game. See if the game engine uses the new texture.
Good point, wasn't thinking about it in terms of program overhead, but still. We know we are dealing with .dds files, why not tell it to look for a .dds? I just don't see an advantage.

Old 05-15-11, 11:22 PM   #60
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Good point, wasn't thinking about it in terms of program overhead, but still. We know we are dealing with .dds files, why not tell it to look for a .dds? I just don't see an advantage.
The only advantage I see to leaving them as .tga is so that users who can't make .dds files can still make .tga files for them. Trying to cater to the broadest range of users is why I left them as .tga.