SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-18, 09:55 AM   #1636
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 View Post
So if you go to PD +/- 2 meters to do a check and by accident any ASW plane flies in a radius of 7.5nm no matter what facing, what (stormy) weather or if night, you´re detected 100% in an instant 0.1 seconds. Wether you have your masts out or not.
Nope. Don't be so touchy :P
You should to watch again your own video and you will see most of your conclusions doesn't reflect reality.

BTW this information is in RA readme (in RA 1.41 section)
Quote:
58 - Onboard Special Forces - now you can launch it below 1 meter (3 ft) periscope depth. *
Periscope depth - a dangerous level. If the sub is at periscope depth, even with lowered masts - it can be detected at a considerable distance LADAR sensor, or VISUAL sensor in a very short range.
Advice for all new DW players:
Please read RA manuals - weapon guide and !DWX_RA_1_XX_OPFOR_INFO before you report "bug" on forum.

Last edited by p7p8; 11-21-18 at 10:06 AM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 11:37 AM   #1637
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Says the guy that comes to channels desperately spamming his promotion links.

These videos are provided as feedback to help make the game or mod better as I am pretty sure that a ASW airplane spawning right on your head right at the beginning of the mission is neither intended nor described in your beloved manual papers there. I want to keep other users there from reloading and wasting their time like with the Ohio Mission or the Bear Campaign that doesn´t give the radio message in case of turned off Link.

Also I dont need to rewatch my video because everything I stating is exactly happening there. If you see things different fine by me. I perceive this magic detection system as broken and still do it. Don´t need your arrogant go read the manual advice there.

If you can´t stand reading this, well than you´re the touchy one and simply should skip my posts as they are not intended solely for you self-appointed RA moderator here.

Problem with the Land Strike scenario, a CTD happens exactly when the video finishes. Different LAM point settings (1,4, and 5) were tried, still resulting in a crash when impacting.

@Jaf I´ve read your message and link was turned of in my playthrough.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 11-21-18 at 03:37 PM.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 01:08 PM   #1638
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Says the guy that comes to channels desperately spamming his promotion links.

Are you serious? If "yes" it means you are just jealousy

My videos are mostly directed to players who participated in a particular battle. Rest is for testing (mainly not public - for RA developers, some for DW community) and sometimes (smallest %) from my single player games - just for fun.

Quote:
These videos are provided as feedback to help make the game or mod better (...)
wrong!
These videos are proof - you did NOT read manuals :P

Quote:
...as I am pretty sure that a ASW airplane spawning right on your head right at the beginning of the mission is neither intended nor described in your beloved manual papers there.
Screen from mission editor - the same scenario:

You were unlucky, so please - stop crying
BTW this mission should be played on Victor II, but you have chosen LADA - best (ultra modern) SSK for Russians :P
..and you failed :P

Quote:
I want to keep other users there from reloading and wasting their time like with the Ohio Mission...
Ohio missions in campaign works fine - without any bugs.

Quote:
Don´t need your arrogant go read the manual advice there.
and:
Quote:
Problem with the Land Strike scenario, a CTD happens exactly when the video finishes:

But your next video with launching LAM's proved you sill didn't read weapons manual (missiles explodes in 1/4 way- typical wrong LAM settings ) and probably this fact caused CTD.

I know - real DW master like you don't need to read anything - all bad things are always someone else fault

Last edited by p7p8; 11-21-18 at 01:26 PM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 02:08 PM   #1639
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

There is absolutely nothing that you exert one could be jealous at, the opposite is true: feeling sorry.

The Ohio campaign was fixed with the hotfix patch #1. People simply can check the post history here to see it is the truth, you yourself posted the hotfix link. I also understand why this ASW detection is happening because of the Nimrod patrol area, no need to panic and boot your photoshop up. I don´t think that placing a tiny patrol area like this right above the player sub is good scenario design and probably wans´t intended by the creator to give such results. Also as RA crack you should know that no matter how modern or quiet your sub is, it won´t protect you from MAD/SAD detection but I guess this was your way to try to insult me.

I openly admit that I am not good at this mod and probably never will invest the time amount to become ace with its mechanics. I am not sure what caused the CTD thats why I posted my problem here. I gave nobody fault just shared my observations.

But the way you try to desperately gain an edge with your arrogant and psychic post there shows what a sorry guy you are and that there is not much you have to "offer".

I don´t want to turn this thread into a infantile flame war so we leave it be and I have nothing to discuss with your kind.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 11-22-18 at 03:00 AM.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 02:39 PM   #1640
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Your accusations and hypotheses are completely missed with truth

I wrote twice to you - read manual - especially weapon settings and you thanks me on YT but did not read anything.
Now after making more "not corrected" procedures you accused me for spamming and more weird things.
I haven't time for answering ridiculous accusations.

Let's focus on game.

Reason why your LAM explodes is here (46:10):

You set waypoint route (last is always waipoint #4) but you did not change SSN shut/LAM point and leave 0001

It means: LAM attack target on waypoint #1

And now screen from weapon manual pdf:

You should read manual
Old 12-16-18, 08:33 PM   #1641
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

They should put this Arleigh Burke model into RA. It has animations for CIWS, TT's, FC radars and main gun. Good enough for a controllable platform IMHO.

Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 01:44 PM   #1642
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Model 3d is less than 1% of working on additional playable warship.
Old 12-25-18, 02:22 PM   #1643
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
They should put this Arleigh Burke model into RA. It has animations for CIWS, TT's, FC radars and main gun. Good enough for a controllable platform IMHO.

It looks nice.
Where's that model from? LWAMI?...
Old 12-25-18, 04:58 PM   #1644
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

It's from ACTUV, it was in the 3d archive. I believe it may have been ported to Lwami, but whether its used or not I don't know. RA uses the old models.
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-18, 02:36 PM   #1645
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
It's from ACTUV, it was in the 3d archive. I believe it may have been ported to Lwami, but whether its used or not I don't know. RA uses the old models.

I thought the RA guys had imported all the improved models from ACTUV into RA, but apparently not!
Old 12-26-18, 08:12 PM   #1646
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Some models with lights were imported. Like Fishing boat 2, probably active lighthouse cargo ship - maybe more
Old 01-04-19, 09:40 AM   #1647
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

In vanilla, Arleigh and Ticon used to have VLS launch animation. You can see the missiles going up vertically from their cells. But RA messed it up. All you see now is a puff of smoke in mid-air and missiles are gone. DDGH doesn't seem to have helo hangers in the back. They seriously need revamp the 3D models for the existing ships rather than adding in all those new cool looking new ships. I am not saying they shouldn't add new platforms. But please do spend a bit more time on existing ones because a lot of scenarios and campaigns are based those platforms.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 07:11 PM   #1648
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340

Hi all,

Is there a way the Collins class sub's sensors can be adjusted so that at 10 Kts the broadband can still be used? It is very frustrating that the variation between 7 and 10 kts is huge.

UPDATE: Found where to adjust.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.

Last edited by Fearless; 01-05-19 at 01:37 AM.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 06:28 AM   #1649
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Default Collins Class interface

Hi all,
Can anyone advise which interface is used by the Collins Class sub?
Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Solved

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.

Last edited by Fearless; 01-10-19 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Solved
Old 01-10-19, 03:52 AM   #1650
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Default ShipControll File

Hi Team,

Can anyone advise what the ShipControlColl.dll file's purpose is that is located in the NON_NUKE_SUB folder?

Thanks in advance.

Tags
reinforce alert