SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-19, 12:04 PM   #16
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORPET View Post
Aktungbby, has probably never violated any forum rules anywhere. He's intellectually special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Aktungbby has helped make hundreds of new posters feel welcome at SubSim. He has been recognized twice as a Best of SubSim Award recipient, in 2014 and 2018. He is known in this community as a valued contributor and he respects the standards established by Neal Stevens, the owner of this site.

Who are you?
MANY THANKS FOR THE ACCOLADE BIGWALLEYE!! BUT I'VE ALSO RECIEVED TWO YELLOW TAGS; FOUR RED TAGS; AND BEEN 'BRIGGED' ONCE AND AS FOR 'INTELLECTUALLY SPECIAL'...IF I'VE BEHAVED THREE DAYS STRAIGHT AND EARNED PERKS, THE HOSPITAL STAFF LET'S ME USE THE DAYROOM COMPUTER TO POST... UNDER STRICT SUPERVISION OF COURSE
BUT SERIOUSLY, MY ONLY INTENT WAS TO ADVISE AGAINST A SIMILAR MISHAP FROM A NEWBY; HENCE THE WORD 'KINDLY'. I ASSUME THAT ALL WHO POST HERE ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE FAQ's (ignorance of the rules is not a PERMISSABLE defense)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SORAKIBA
you didn't offer any advice regarding my question, you only posted to "correct" my evil discourteous ways... ... well,... have a pleasant day anyway.
I CANNOT OFFER ADVICE ON SHIII AS I ONLY PLAY SHII ,SHV, ACES OF THE DEEP AND COLD WATERS! OTHERS ARE FAR MORE ABLE THAN I WITH THEIR OWN ' 'INTELLECTUALLY SPECIAL'
KNOWLEDGE CONCERNING SHIII

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 06:21 PM   #17
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Well, thank you to everyone who has replied...

Regarding the harbor attack, it wasn't nets... I was already in the bay of the harbor... I think it was actually a bug, or glitch, because I noticed in my TDC, that the each time I had locked onto a ship, the green "path" of the torpedo, turned sharply 90º to the left or right, away from it - This happened even with the main warship, even though it was straight ahead of me... I even tried unlocking, and re-locking onto the ship... I suppose that I could have tried manually targeting... but I was quite frustrated at that point.

As to the nets... yeppers, I've ran afoul of them a couple of times...

As to my welcome... the majority of people here have made me feel welcome.

I just feel that if the site has a rule against using asterisks, then it shouldn't replace any of the words that people use with them... I even understand having blacklisted words... it's just that Neither I, nor any of the sites that I frequently visit consider the common word for "poop" to be a blacklisted word. I mean, it's such a useful word, afterall:
Sorakiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 07:43 PM   #18
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Aktungbby is one of the people I have met face to face.
Unlike Jimbuna it was not after a limo hijacking.
As a matter of fact (which I am sharing of my own free will) I talked with him just a day or so ago on the phone.

From many threads you seem to have an issue Sorabika.
It's an easy thing. Play by the rules or take your leave.
Walk into my house and break my rules?

I have a big lot out back and a little more room to bury more bodies.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 05:10 PM   #19
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Aktungbby is one of the people I have met face to face.
Unlike Jimbuna it was not after a limo hijacking.
As a matter of fact (which I am sharing of my own free will) I talked with him just a day or so ago on the phone.

From many threads you seem to have an issue Sorabika.
It's an easy thing. Play by the rules or take your leave.
Walk into my house and break my rules?

I have a big lot out back and a little more room to bury more bodies.
1. Who are you?
2. ...and what are you talking about?

I have literally only posted in two single threads in this community, and one of them was just asking technical questions, which no-one gave me any problems in.

So,... this thread is the only thread that I have had any problem at all in, and the only problem that I had in this thread, was being called out for having this site itself change a single word that I posted, while TRYING to be polite...

I took the comment on the chin, with a bit of just (humor)... though, with my hubris, I might have been a little snarky about it... I've been polite in every post that I have made, and haven't had any problems anywhere on this site otherwise...

I understand being called out for a technical violation of the rules (even if I do not feel that the violation was my fault, since the site itself caused the violation over a very common word)... and have no problem with Aktungbby for making the call...

In fact... this is the first comment that I have received since I came here, that has actually made me feel unwelcome here.

If people are going just assume things about me, or just plain make up things out of the blue, perhaps it would be best if I simply excuse myself from this community, and direct further questions to the steam forums... where I can say the common word for poop without being told that I seem to have a problem, and should obey the rules or get out.

I've actually been asked to stick around, and give the place a try for a while... soo... I'll put my previous feelings in a box, place it in some cement, and toss it off the deck, into the briny deep.

Last edited by Sorakiba; 01-05-19 at 06:52 PM.
Sorakiba is offline   Reply With Quote