Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-21-09, 12:31 PM   #1
Bearcat
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default T34 vsTiger not working with Windows 7

Heads up for some of you that own T34 vs Tiger, my laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate(RC2) installed and I hope since this was the last release of Win7 that I am just shouting about nothing but I can not get the game to load beyond where the tracks stop and the game begins with you starting the tank.
The screen goes black and it throws me to the desktop, I have tried running it under WinXP,Sp1,SP2,SP3,Vista,Vista Sp1 and I got the same results ever with the MMP5 update. I hope this is not a deal killer for me and I have to return to crappy Vista which I know it runs just fine on. (A first time!)

Mark

Old 09-21-09, 03:59 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Before you abandon W7 for Vista in order to play TvT I suggest abandoning TvT in favour of staying with W7 as an alternative so that you can forget about Vista.

However, TvT has been reported to have plenty of problems, and to be very buggy. That it was not supported by the developer, did not exactly help.

And if you have problems running it under both WinXP and W7, but fine with Vista, I bet my money on drivers and/or hardware being the problem. Or Vista.

Consider getting Steel Fury second hand, if you are so desperate for WWII tanking. However, good luck for that, I just checked some german sites and ebay, and both new and second hand it is not available anywhere. Chances for a re-release I rate as nil.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-21-09 at 06:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 04:29 PM   #3
JAG
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Same Problem here with Windows Vista Home Prem 64 bit

FYI, currently I am running a new computer which has Windows Vista Home Prem 64 bit on it, 8 gigs of Ram and 1TG of hard drive,
but I still cant get T34 vs Tiger to run

It will actually go to the main screen of the game, so you can change all options regarding audio, video, game controls etc.
It lets you select the mission
It loads the mission, as you can see the bar loading up
and then when its done loading the mission and the game should start
it goes to black screen, and windows vista gives message:
"TvsT.exe has stopped working "

There is no given cure for it. I have tried running the game as admin, even added the exe file to the DEP of vista to allow it to run, but still the same thing happens...

Bummer, I enjoyed this game when I ran it on my Windows XP system which sadly is no more...

I have search all over the net, but cant find a fix for it,
At one time there was a fix to get it to play on Vista but it was offered on the Lighthouse Interactive web site which is no longer in service either...

If anyone knows to make it run, I sure hope you might post here...

~Salute~
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 10:15 PM   #4
Bleser
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Heads up for some of you that own T34 vs Tiger, my laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate(RC2) installed and I hope since this was the last release of Win7 that I am just shouting about nothing but I can not get the game to load beyond where the tracks stop and the game begins with you starting the tank.
The screen goes black and it throws me to the desktop, I have tried running it under WinXP,Sp1,SP2,SP3,Vista,Vista Sp1 and I got the same results ever with the MMP5 update. I hope this is not a deal killer for me and I have to return to crappy Vista which I know it runs just fine on. (A first time!)

Mark
It's not Windows 7 and it's not Vista. Well, it may be, but there is a fix for your problem. See here:

http://www.panzersim.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65

Basically, you need to download (easy to find on Google for free) msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll. Put them in your game directory (same location that tvt.exe is). I had to do this in Vista x64 and it's been golden since then.

Enjoy! Best tank sim ever. I'm going to play the six included missions until I die.
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 12:00 PM   #5
Bearcat
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Guys Thanks!

I did try one of the files at first but not both files!

Now the game is running as it should and well under Win7 Ultimate.

so this game will go on!
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 08:32 AM   #6
JAG
Nub

Default THANKS Bleser !!!

I tried the 2 files you mentioned in your recent post, and FINALLY !!!!
I am able to enjoy T34 vs Tiger on my Vista 64 system ....
I notice at first though I placed the 2 files in game directory which allowed me to actually play the first mission, but then it would not run further missions

So placed the 2 files into the windows/system32 folder and that seemed to solve the problem with continuing the other missions. All seems to be running smoothly and my system is running without problems.

THANKS AGAIN Bleser.... I Salute You !!!!!
Old 09-24-09, 12:02 PM   #7
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Glad you got it sorted JAG.I'm not sure if that was what I had to do.It's been so long since I installed it and the old brain doesn't always like to remember stuff
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 02:05 PM   #8
JAG
Nub

Thanks Chucky

LOL well I know what you mean about the ol' brain not remembering
been there myself....

I thought I heard that there we a couple files needed to make it run in Vista 64 but never could find out what they were to now...

Glad to be able to still play t34 on Vista 64 bit and it plays really well

Salute !!!!
Old 10-04-09, 07:58 AM   #9
Bleser
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I tried the 2 files you mentioned in your recent post, and FINALLY !!!!
I am able to enjoy T34 vs Tiger on my Vista 64 system ....
I notice at first though I placed the 2 files in game directory which allowed me to actually play the first mission, but then it would not run further missions

So placed the 2 files into the windows/system32 folder and that seemed to solve the problem with continuing the other missions. All seems to be running smoothly and my system is running without problems.

THANKS AGAIN Bleser.... I Salute You !!!!!
Glad I could be of help! Having a game crash JUST before the level loads has to be the most disheartening thing in the world.

I really hope another financially-sound company can pick up where TvT left off. This game is just incredible. It is visually stunning (made me go out and spend just shy of $1,000 on computer hardware so I coudl turn up all the visuals and I'm now in HEAVEN... new Radeon 5870 graphics card, i5 750 clocked @ 4 GHz, etc...) and just makes you really feel like you're in the heat of battle.

It just seems to be missing basic elements - such as radio communication between tanks to really get that involvement level up. The AI could be improved, but I've seen far worse, and if you turn their accuracy up then the missions are hard to beat.

It's a gem and hopefully someone will take over the source code some day and expand it to its full potential!
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 12:55 PM   #10
JAG
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleser View Post
Glad I could be of help! Having a game crash JUST before the level loads has to be the most disheartening thing in the world.

I really hope another financially-sound company can pick up where TvT left off. This game is just incredible. It is visually stunning (made me go out and spend just shy of $1,000 on computer hardware so I coudl turn up all the visuals and I'm now in HEAVEN... new Radeon 5870 graphics card, i5 750 clocked @ 4 GHz, etc...) and just makes you really feel like you're in the heat of battle.

It just seems to be missing basic elements - such as radio communication between tanks to really get that involvement level up. The AI could be improved, but I've seen far worse, and if you turn their accuracy up then the missions are hard to beat.

It's a gem and hopefully someone will take over the source code some day and expand it to its full potential!
You are so right, I am glad though I have been able to continue in the game.
I certainly hope that a time in the future some company will pick up where TvT left off and take the source code onto a whole new level. The game is really awesome, I even have update my graphics card and now am getting some AWESOME screen shots after the battles, and when printed that are even great to frame.

Agree, there could be some minor bug fixes and adding some additional features would make this game even more wonderful. LOL, the AI could use some additional work, but as you stated I myself have seen much worse in many other games. but as a Armor Simulation nut, this is the best game I have enjoyed working with, up until now, I had thought Steel Fury was about as good as it will get, but having played SF and T34 vs Tiger, my favorite now and always will be T34 vs Tiger.

Hopefully one day a company will pick up where TvT left off, if only they knew how close they were to a gold mine in this game.....

Salute !!!!
Old 01-29-15, 07:47 PM   #11
HepcatNZ
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleser View Post
It's not Windows 7 and it's not Vista. Well, it may be, but there is a fix for your problem. See here:

http://www.panzersim.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65

Basically, you need to download (easy to find on Google for free) msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll. Put them in your game directory (same location that tvt.exe is). I had to do this in Vista x64 and it's been golden since then.

Enjoy! Best tank sim ever. I'm going to play the six included missions until I die.
Thanks a million... Spent a few days pulling my hair out trying to get it to work ... It used to work fine... Your advice cured it... Works fine again
HepcatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 01:01 AM   #12
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Project ZeeWolf is the only hope for T-34 vs Tiger. I have no idea how else to put it.
Without the extensive bug fixes that come with Project ZeeWolf T-34 vs Tiger is
dead in the water.

The good news is I will be building a Win7 (32bit) computer to run T-34 vs Tiger.
That way I can keep on the cutting edge with Win 7 support. This new win 7 PC
should be up and running by next week.

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 10:50 AM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

HepcatNZ!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-15, 05:52 PM   #14
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
My New Win7 PC

Everything arrived for my new Win 7 game PC Friday 1-30-2015
and today it all came together beautifully

I have to say, just for the record, Win 2000pro- great, Win-XP- fantastic but the only
good thing about the later OS versions is the Direct X upgrades. All the rest of the
"improvements" are totally UN-nessary.
Win7's only edge is in product compatibility and the 64bit programming advantage.
However, I installed the 32bit version.

My new PC specs:
CPU Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz.
Video MSI (AMD)R9 280 GAMING, 3Gig GDDR5, PCI Express
MoBo MSI Z97-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6G
RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DD

Then installed T-34 vs Tiger w/DirectX 9c and it started but, of coarse, didn't run.
So, then installed the new beta version. of Project ZeeWolf -- and WOW!

I was KICKEN ASS man!

I have never played it at such awesome frame rates.

Still working on the key save issue though, it might be this ridiculous security
protection that hinders the games ability to wright to a out of directory folder.

But anyway I'll probably figure it out.

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 04:01 PM   #15
Gunter Severloh
Nub

Good place to get the required Dll's
you need these 2:
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll.

http://www.dllrepair.com/

Last edited by Gunter Severloh; 05-12-16 at 05:35 PM.
Gunter Severloh is offline   Reply With Quote