Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-12-06, 01:56 PM   #1
Mylo42
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SBP to be added to collection

Good day all,

I have found that I am more of a collector of simulations rather than a player of them. I have a few titles that have never been installed on my HD yet, I collect them based on their value (Falcon 4 Allied Force). I spend a lot of time researching the title before adding it to my list of "must haves".

It would appear that SBP is one to add to that collection, and one I can see spending some time with. What excites me about this title is that it is a SIMulation through and through, without any thought about the casual gamer. THIS is the kind of modern armour sim I have been waiting for.

I then got to thinking: "I wonder if this kind of trend would spill off to other military platforms ? A real first person perspective in all kinds of different military hardware." I mean, it appears as though it is finally feasible for technology to simulate the real world to the point when governments can actually TRAIN using them, with that same software being usable on personal PCs. Obviously, the cost effectiveness of simulations is very attractive for governments, even if several millions of dollars had to be allocated to producing the software. With this in mind, I find it very interesting to think that military demand for real simulations will grow and that if a "civilian" version can be offered to simply supplement the revenues already gathered from the military (and not rely entirely on the sales of these sims to "gamers" in order to be profitable), we could see some wonderful things happen. Some tremendously high quality sims at very reasonable prices. (I find the $125 tag for SBP to be "very reasonable"). SBP just might open the door for this to happen. Let's all cross our fingers.

Mylo42

Old 03-12-06, 04:12 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I a short while we will publish an intervie with Ssnake, technical director of eSim. He had some things to say about this. The interview I have done one week ago, it is Neal's decision when it will be published.