SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-18, 04:58 PM   #1
Mussalo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Reykjavik - Bay of Secrets

Following the success of my improvised raid on Reykjavik harbour couple months ago, I set sail to do it again. This time fully stock I decided to check the surroundings so I wouldn't miss anything tasty.

Last time, as I was waiting on the bottom of the harbour for the ASWs to let me go, I heard via hydrophones as multiple warships were leaving this bay north of Reykjavik port.

This time I wanted to check it out, and while I was coming about it I spotted a ship. Warship to be exact, sailing inwards this channel. I trailed it cautiosly keeping it on the edge of visibility. Once it was entering the inner bay I lost the eye contact.

I kept pushing inwards slowly but saw nothing, even the radar contact faded!
I sailed all the way to the end of this trail hitting bottom as I go once in while, nothing.

So, what is this mystical bay of secrets? Is this were warships go to die?

November 1943
GWX 3.0
Old 01-25-18, 05:27 PM   #2
Mussalo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

A quick update:
Once I was heading back out, a Somers-class I was trailing before (I think) emerged in the middle of the large inland bay. I set heading towards it and ready my eels.

I launched a salvo and once the torpedo hit her with an explosion the ship vanished. No wreck, no debree and the map and my log were empty as nothing had happened. The crew did cheer though, but I think they made it just to make feel good...
Old 01-26-18, 02:05 AM   #3
allievo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ships disappear because they're programmed to do so when they reach their last waypoint. You can check it by yourself if you open the campaign files with SH3 Mission Editor, right click on any unit, select (Group) Properties and look if the option Delete on last waypoint is ticked. If it is, after having completed her journey the unit will just... disappears.