SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-10, 09:40 PM   #1
jpc647
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter III Won't Run on Windows 7

I installed Silent Hunter 3 on a Windows 7 machine and I can't get it to play. Originally it would not accept the password protection thing from starforce. I tried running the game in Windows XP, 2000, and 98 compatibility to no avail.
I followed the steps in downloading the program to allow you to play SH3 without the DVD(Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b [ENGLISH] No-DVD/Fixed EXE file). I also tried updating the game to the latest v1.4 patch. I had to try a couple of different patch 1.4b's before it would accept it. It kept telling me certain files were not valid. I then got to the loading screen where the red line loads the game contents and at the very end it crashes to the desktop. I tried downloading Directx9Res as to change the ResX and ResY but the files can not be opened by my computer. They are not recognized file formats. With these files in the game folder the game crashed after the two intro movies, it never gets to the main loading screen. I then tried updated my Directx to the current available version . Does anyone know what else I should do? Is there a patch for this game to allow windows 7 users to play?

Can anything be done to allow this game to be run on Windows 7?
jpc647 is offline   Reply With Quote