SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-10, 07:59 AM   #16
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi conus00 !

Wonderful MOD, many thanks !!!

But I´ve one question and a big wish: Is it possible to become the Rank_Deco_ND.tga, which comes with your MOD, without medals ?

Best regards,
Magic
Magic, check post #2

Last edited by conus00; 05-27-10 at 08:22 AM.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 09:46 AM   #17
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374
Default Great Work.....

but unfortunately I only get 7fps inside the new Wilhelmshaven port!!

I think I might need to do some tweeking!

ok
Rick
IFRT-WHUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 01:57 PM   #18
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00 View Post
Magic, check post #2
Hi conus00 !

Thank you very much , but I´ve one question: All Rank_Deco_ND.tga Files (this one which come with the Main MOD and the two Add-On .tga Files from your Post # 2) looks like as the same ?! I mean, on all three Rank_Deco_ND.tga Files are shown medals !

This is right ???

Best regards,
Magic

Edit: Please check your two Archive Files from your Post #2, in both Archive Files are the same .tga Files (I think the wrong .tga File with Medals in both Archive Files)

Last edited by Magic1111; 05-27-10 at 02:08 PM.
Magic1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 02:18 PM   #19
conus00
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi conus00 !

Thank you very much , but I´ve one question: All Rank_Deco_ND.tga Files (this one which come with the Main MOD and the two Add-On .tga Files from your Post # 2) looks like as the same ?! I mean, on all three Rank_Deco_ND.tga Files are shown medals !

This is right ???

Best regards,
Magic
They are (almost ) same. They may appear the same in your picture browser but they have different alpha channels. They should work in the game.
I just re-uploaded another version. The old ones had directory structure messed up so they weren't working properly while installed using JSGME. Sorry.

Last edited by conus00; 05-27-10 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-27-10, 03:17 PM   #20
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
They are (almost ) same. They may appear the same in your picture browser but they have different alpha channels. They should work in the game.
I just re-uploaded another version. The old ones had directory structure messed up so they weren't working properly while installed using JSGME. Sorry.
Aaaah, okay, I understand ! Sorry for my dumb question , but in my Picture Viewer Program (IrfanView) all three Rank_Deco_ND.tga Files are looks like the same !

Thanks for your quick Reply !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-27-10, 06:59 PM   #21
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Default CTD in Museum

Hi Conus00,

A fantastic mod!

I am having one irritating problem: when the museum loads to about 95%, SHIII crashes to the desktop with the error "Silent Hunter III has stopped working".

I am running GWX 3.0 Gold without any other mods installed on Win 7 Pro 64 bit with two ATI 5870 cards in Crossfire with the latest Catalyst 10.4 drivers.

Before installing the newest version of the Conus Widescreen mod, I was running the original "widescreen GWX 3.0" mod without any problems. Ran smooth as silk on my system. I uninstalled the original widescreen mod with JGSME and then installed the new version and now the museum CTD's.

I must run the mod at 1360 resolution setting because my Asus VW266H 26 inch widescreen monitor does not support the 1366 resolution.

Any ideas what could be causing the museum CTD's?

Last edited by Ruzbasan; 05-27-10 at 10:45 PM.
Ruzbasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 09:56 AM   #22
conus00
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
Hi Conus00,

A fantastic mod!

I am having one irritating problem: when the museum loads to about 95%, SHIII crashes to the desktop with the error "Silent Hunter III has stopped working".

I am running GWX 3.0 Gold without any other mods installed on Win 7 Pro 64 bit with two ATI 5870 cards in Crossfire with the latest Catalyst 10.4 drivers.

Before installing the newest version of the Conus Widescreen mod, I was running the original "widescreen GWX 3.0" mod without any problems. Ran smooth as silk on my system. I uninstalled the original widescreen mod with JGSME and then installed the new version and now the museum CTD's.

I must run the mod at 1360 resolution setting because my Asus VW266H 26 inch widescreen monitor does not support the 1366 resolution.

Any ideas what could be causing the museum CTD's?
I have similar problem when the bar reaches 45%. I have no idea what is causing this because the only changes I have made in Museum files are purely graphical. Maybe Seeadler could answer this question?
My mod includes his Widescreen version 1.1 Try using my mod but replacing d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini from widescreen GWX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
Any plans to make it compatible with OLC Gold mkII ?
And how about making more resolution supported ? I assume if it can not be made "all rez support in one release" there could be dozens of other separate releases for different resolutions or am I missing something ? My native resolution is 1440x900 and heck it just doesn't feel right..
Your first question should be directed to the author OLC Gold II (which is onelifecrisis if I'm not mistaken).

To answer your second question is definitely no. There would be large amount of changes to be done to lots of graphic files and change them from 1360x768 to 1440x900 (which is not just a simple re-sizing the files).

Last edited by conus00; 05-28-10 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-28-10, 10:18 AM   #23
conus00
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
I sure do hope OLC wouldn't mind if someone makes his mod flexible to suit widescreen monitors, without braking things of course.. The question is who would want to mess working with it and waste the time for it, it's the same as you don't want to make more options of rez for widescreens because it simply takes too much time if I understood you correctly..
That is correct, Brunos. The development and testing of this mod took HUGE amount of time I simply don't have. I can't even imagine the amount of time spent on changing and testing every change in menu_1024_768.ini. That file is humongous.
Old 05-29-10, 10:34 PM   #24
Plunger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Great mod, conus! Thank you for this mod and to everyone involved, because I know that there are some other people here that made this mod possible. But I've encountered some serious problems:

First of all, it seems that some key commands are reversed. For example, in stock game and also in GWX, the {[ key of the keyboard means hard to portside, }] means hard to starboard, _- means view to heading and += means heading to view. In your mod, {[ is view to heading, }] is heading to view, _- doesn't work anymore at all and += is hard to starboard. And there may be more glitches like this one, but I haven't encountered them until now, and I hope that I won't.

Secondly, after I enable this mod, I play, I exit from the game and then I disable it, the sh3 editor doesn't work anymore, it shows me a black image, the program is starting, but when I try to load a map or a mission, the image is a big black. And also, the "stock" GWX loading screens are disappearing, it's just black. The game itself works, but this mod somehow affects my game in an irreversible way, although theoretically I think that shouldn't happen with Generic Mod Enabler. But it seems that it does. So, every time after I enable and disable your mod I have to reinstall the game to be OK, like it was before.
Update: I've found the problem and also the solution: after I disable this mod, there is one "trace" left: d3d9.dll file in the main game folder (although I think that file along with d3d9.ini should remain only in MODS/Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3 folder after disabling the mod), if I delete that file both sh3 editor and loading screens are working again!

And the third, about the resolution problem: I am using I am using Windows 7 64 OS, Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB GPU, 22 inch Acer P223W monitor, VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center (10.3), because I've encountered a problem on ATI Catalyst 10.4. For example, on 10.4, on the resolution 1360 * 768 the game has distorted circles, like a standing egg (not like the "usual ones" in this game, the horizontal sleeping eggs, but when I try to play the game in 10.3, the image is not distorted anymore. So , here's what I do: First, I change my monitor resolution to 1360 * 768, and only after that I am starting the game, if I start the game with my monitor having 1680X1050, the game is stretched from lateral sides when it's changing to the 1360 * 768 in the game. Anyway, this is a compromise solution, but it works, this is the most important thing. Fortunately, I don't have any problems when loading Museum ...

Am I the only one that encountered these problems?

Last edited by Plunger; 05-29-10 at 11:18 PM.
Plunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-10, 11:23 PM   #25
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunger View Post
And the third, about the resolution problem: I am using I am using Windows 7 64 OS, Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB GPU, 22 inch Acer P223W monitor, VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center (10.3), because I've encountered a problem on ATI Catalyst 10.4. For example, on 10.4, on the resolution 1360 * 768 the game has distorted circles, like a standing egg (not like the "usual ones" in this game, the horizontal sleeping eggs, but when I try to play the game in 10.3, the image is not distorted anymore.

Am I the only one that encountered these problems?
You're not alone here, I have the same problem, the game itself is squashed horizontally so circles look like eggs, the opposite to the old WS mod, I have an ATI HD4850 with Digital/HDMI connection to a Samsung 2433BW LCD monitor, not sure if it is an ATI problem or digital/analog (VGA/HDMI) problem. If I take a snapshot that shows perfect circles, so it has to be a scaling problem, how to fix this I don't know.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-10, 11:39 PM   #26
Plunger
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
You're not alone here, I have the same problem, the game itself is squashed horizontally so circles look like eggs, the opposite to the old WS mod, I have an ATI HD4850 with Digital/HDMI connection to a Samsung 2433BW LCD monitor, not sure if it is an ATI problem or digital/analog (VGA/HDMI) problem. If I take a snapshot that shows perfect circles, so it has to be a scaling problem, how to fix this I don't know.
Yes, if I take a screenshot it's like you say! But try installing 10.3 ATI Catalyst ( I am not sure if all those "updated" drivers like 10.4 or 10.5 bring a real improvement anyway ...) and before starting the game, change your monitor resolution to 1360*768 (1360*768 on your monitor, not in the .ini file, you'll just have to leave that file untouched, it already has 1360*768 settings, but you should match the monitor resolution to the one in .ini file) and after that start the game with that mod enabled! It works for me this way, I don't have any of the two kind of eggs anymore when I do that. It's very unscientifically, but it works!

If you want to make a correct uninstallation/installation of ATI Catalyst, first you should install a free software, called Driver sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ then uninstall the current Catalyst that you are using, reboot in safe mode (F8), use Driver Sweeper to clean all ATI traces, reboot again and install the desired ATI Catalyst driver version.

About the key commands, are they OK in your installation?

Last edited by Plunger; 05-29-10 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-30-10, 12:22 AM   #27
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Thing is I don't use CCC, I use ATI Tray Tools, the ATI driver though is pretty old (8.5), could change this but fail to see that this would help, also changing the windows and monitor resolution just to play the game is not for me, I'd rather just use the old WS mod! Pity there isn't a third party scaling application, I've looked but can't find anything.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-10, 10:22 AM   #28
conus00
Grey Wolf

@Plunger and Reece.
Gentlemen, I am sorry that it is not working for you and I believe that your problems are somehow tied to ATI cards. Myself, I run the game on NVidia GT9600 XXX and have zero issues (aside from not being able to enter Museum). I wish I could help you but I had absolutely nothing to do with the development of the dll file. I just used it with Seeadler's permission and built graphic interface around it.
Him or Rubini might be able to answer your hardware related questions.

@Plunger I did make some changes to the commands file (it is actually combination of two different files) and some commands might have gotten changed. I can't look into it right now because my computer is packed in the box loaded on United VanLines semi and won't be delivered to Florida until mid-June. You can take a look at the commands file and make the changes yourself (it is simple txt file to edit).
Old 05-30-10, 10:42 AM   #29
Plunger
Swabbie

Quote:
@Plunger and Reece.
Gentlemen, I am sorry that it is not working for you and I believe that your problems are somehow tied to ATI cards. Myself, I run the game on NVidia GT9600 XXX and have zero issues (aside from not being able to enter Museum). I wish I could help you but I had absolutely nothing to do with the development of the dll file. I just used it with Seeadler's permission and built graphic interface around it.
Him or Rubini might be able to answer your hardware related questions.

@Plunger I did make some changes to the commands file (it is actually combination of two different files) and some commands might have gotten changed. I can't look into it right now because my computer is packed in the box loaded on United VanLines semi and won't be delivered to Florida until mid-June. You can take a look at the commands file and make the changes yourself (it is simple txt file to edit).
About the changing resolution each and every time I want to play with your mod, that's OK for me now.
Regarding the keyboard commands, switching from German to English in "keyboard language" in game settings has solved the problem. Thank you for your feedback!
Old 05-30-10, 11:22 AM   #30
conus00
Grey Wolf

You are very welcome. I'm glad you figured it out.