SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-08, 01:37 AM   #1
Maxim
Totem Games

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Totem Games « Ironclads: American Civil War ».

Hello!

My name is Maxim Ferapontov and I the project head of naval TBS « Ironclads: American Civil War » (studio Totem Games).
I would like to thank all people from this remarkable forum which have responded to our request for the help. Turret ironrams of a class « North Carolina » are recreated in our game under the descriptions sent by you and figures. As in a reality the Confederation did not have these ships we have made some changes of appearance. Thus the unique shape and the main characteristics of these ships are kept. I hope, that soon you will see this ship on a site Subsim.com

Also I would like to pay attention to updating of our site www.totemgames.ru

Screenshots, the brief description of key features and the new art …

Yours faithfully.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 03:57 PM   #2
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical Russian
Hello!

My name is Maxim Ferapontov and I the project head of naval TBS « Ironclads: American Civil War » (studio Totem Games).
I would like to thank all people from this remarkable forum which have responded to our request for the help. Turret ironrams of a class « North Carolina » are recreated in our game under the descriptions sent by you and figures. As in a reality the Confederation did not have these ships we have made some changes of appearance. Thus the unique shape and the main characteristics of these ships are kept. I hope, that soon you will see this ship on a site Subsim.com

Also I would like to pay attention to updating of our site www.totemgames.ru

Screenshots, the brief description of key features and the new art …

Yours faithfully.
Thanks Max! I am glad there are still people out there making games from this era of Naval history!

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 10:48 AM   #3
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Interesting game. I will follow it's progress, as this is a period that interests me, and the game strives to be realistic, which is also good.

Am I right that it will be mission based, so there will be no campaign? I must point out that this will probably limit enthusiasm in the market that subsim represents. SHIII was a huge success here because of its dynamic campaign.

I also recommend you consider translation of the website by a native speaker. At the moment it is mostly unintelligible, an often lamented problem with East European developers. You have still time to do this, but I warn you that a lot of people will make conclusions about the quality of in-game descriptions, and avoid the game based on previous experience.

This negativity is only meant to warn you about some common pitfalls, based on experience with other Russian developers, and I hope you make good progress with your game!

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-08, 08:09 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Two new wallpapers from Totem Games just arrived, custom made for SUBSIM members. Check the Subsim.com main page for details.

best
Neal
Old 07-07-08, 08:41 PM   #5
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

<Bump>
Am giving serious thought to buying this when released. Any idea's if SUBSIM.com going to benefit from those who will purchase it online?

Good Hunting
Old 07-07-08, 09:05 PM   #6
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0

This actually interests me. I would like to dual the Monitor vs the Virginia! I wonder if one could sink the other if given more time?

-S
Old 07-07-08, 09:54 PM   #7
Captain Vlad
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBMAN1
This actually interests me. I would like to dual the Monitor vs the Virginia! I wonder if one could sink the other if given more time?
Or if Monitor using a full charge in her guns would've been as telling as the designer insisted.