SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-2017, 05:19 AM   #1291
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 4
Default NYGM_2017 released

I have placed a copy of 'NYGM_2017' onto the NYGM web-page here at SubSim (http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/). (Or click on my signature below.)

It contains a series of small mods added over the past three years onto my own system.

These include an updated version of Anvart's FM30_UpDown_NYGM (which Anvart kindly sent to me in 2014...);
a series of small changes to the campaign files;
my latest version of EnvSim10.act that cures almost all the weather problems of SH3, and which has been available for separate download since 2016;
and the results of my efforts to improve scripted aircraft over the Bay of Biscay, as well as Hitman's clever idea to have an invisible moving air-base travelling around the Bay of Biscay during most of 1943 and early 1944. (See http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229807).

For those who wish only to download the NYGM_2017 mod itself, click this link:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYGM_2017.7z
(This mod overlays NYGM2.5+NYGM3_New + NYGM_3.6F.)

For those who wish to have the wide-screen 1920x1080 experience, WYGM (VanJast's and SeeAdler's work adapted by BlitzKrieg and BigWallEye for NYGM) is also available as a separate download from the main NYGM web-site stated above.

Also check the NYGM main web-site to find the correct order of installation of all the official NYGM mods.

NYGM has always aimed to be the most accurate SH3 simulation for game-play. That is, you are most likely to have the results experienced by real U-boat commanders.

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 03-18-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:43 AM   #1292
hauangua
Frogman

Downloads: 772
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
I have placed a copy of 'NYGM_2017' onto the NYGM web-page here at SubSim (http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/). (Or click on my signature below.)

It contains a series of small mods added over the past three years onto my own system.

These include an updated version of Anvart's FM30_UpDown_NYGM (which Anvart kindly sent to me in 2014...);
a series of small changes to the campaign files;
my latest version of EnvSim10.act that cures almost all the weather problems of SH3, and which has been available for separate download since 2016;
and the results of my efforts to improve scripted aircraft over the Bay of Biscay, as well as Hitman's clever idea to have an invisible moving air-base travelling around the Bay of Biscay during most of 1943 and early 1944. (See http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229807).

For those who wish only to download the NYGM_2017 mod itself, click this link:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYGM_2017.7z
(This mod overlays NYGM2.5+NYGM3_New + NYGM_3.6F.)

For those who wish to have the wide-screen 1920x1080 experience, WYGM (VanJast's and SeeAdler's work adapted by BlitzKrieg and BigWallEye for NYGM) is also available as a separate download from the main NYGM web-site stated above.

Also check the NYGM main web-site to find the correct order of installation of all the official NYGM mods.

NYGM has always aimed to be the most accurate SH3 simulation for game-play. That is, you are most likely to have the results experienced by real U-boat commanders.

Stiebler.
Thank Stiebler
NYGM is always more realistic mod
simply The Best
Old 03-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #1293
Obltn Strand
Veneilijä

Downloads: 122

Quote:

Stiebler.
Frustration, gray hair and broken house wares....

Envsimact10 is a nice addition. Trailing convoys during bad weather is worth to try now. Sometimes it even changes weather immediately aftet leaving the port. However save, exit and reload forces the game to change weather. Cheat if you do it during rain or is this intentional?

Still nothing to report using h.sie's longer repair times option.

Anyway thanks for the update. I'll throw in an admission fee to Vesikko if you're ever visit this part pf the world. Hell, guess I add ferry fare and bewerage or two...

Last edited by Obltn Strand; 03-19-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Obltn Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #1294
BL!TZKR!EG
In the Brig

Location: Ensenada/Condesa, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, Hipódromo 06100 Ciudad de MEXiCO, Distrito Federal
Downloads: 40
Uploads: 79

STIEBLER!

Congratulations. I wish I had persuaded you... much earlier

BL!TZKR!EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #1295
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 4

@Obltn Strand:
Quote:
However save, exit and reload forces the game to change weather. Cheat if you do it during rain or is this intentional?
It was neither intentional nor accidental - I noticed it during testing, and decided that it was a useful addition.

If you don't like the change of weather during save/reload a game, then avoid saving the game until the weather is good and you are far from any other ships (which is wise anyway, to avoid CTDs). Most importantly, if you think it is unfair to cheat with the weather by saving and reloading, then don't cheat!

Incidentally, most of the CTDs that are caused by game saves are due to previous corruption of data stored in RAM. This is as a result of too much data being written to RAM, corrupting previous data. It is really a problem caused by all the mods - especially for new ships - that have been added to SH3 since the game was originally released. If two large convoys spawn next to the U-boat, then a huge amount of new data is written. The original stock game only caused CTDs very rarely. Happily, however, modern computers have much more RAM than in 2005 (release date of SH3), so the problem is becoming rarer again.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #1296
Obltn Strand
Veneilijä

Downloads: 122

Quote:
@Obltn Strand:
If you don't like the change of weather during save/reload a game, then avoid saving the game until the weather is good and you are far from any other ships (which is wise anyway, to avoid CTDs). Most importantly, if you think it is unfair to cheat with the weather by saving and reloading, then don't cheat!
Sometimes man's just gotta save and go to bed...that's how I figured it out. Small pain for a good addition...
Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #1297
Warsteiner
Nub

Downloads: 321

What is the new correct order of installation?
If I install IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen the campaign_RND.mis overwrites the one of NYGM_2017.
Thank you for this great mod
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #1298
AllenZ1Sgt
Swabbie

Downloads: 363

Hello all, when I install NYGM_2017 My periscopes (Obs and Atk) and UZO display becomes just a square "window" and if I move the mouse out of this window it leaves permanent trails. My install order is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\SilentHunterIII-NYGM\MODS]

1_NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
2_NYGM3_New
3_NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017

Has anyone seen this? Did I leave anything out from the install? Many thanks for any assistance.

also when i deactivate NYGM-2017 all is well

Last edited by AllenZ1Sgt; 03-20-2017 at 12:15 PM.
AllenZ1Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #1299
FUBAR295
Medic

Downloads: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenZ1Sgt View Post
Hello all, when I install NYGM_2017 My periscopes (Obs and Atk) and UZO display becomes just a square "window" and if I move the mouse out of this window it leaves permanent trails. My install order is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\SilentHunterIII-NYGM\MODS]

1_NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
2_NYGM3_New
3_NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017

Has anyone seen this? Did I leave anything out from the install? Many thanks for any assistance.

This is the order in which to load the mods, which you seem to have in the correct order.

:The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and updating, as follows:

I can only guess that you have corrupted file. Try reinstalling and test SH3 after each mod place into the game.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

**** GOTT MIT UNS ****
FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #1300
FUBAR295
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
What is the new correct order of installation?
If I install IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen the campaign_RND.mis overwrites the one of NYGM_2017.
Thank you for this great mod

This is the correct order :

The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and updating, as follows:
Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

**** GOTT MIT UNS ****
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #1301
Warsteiner
Nub

I've been playing NYGM for almost 2 years and I think that the installation order for this 2017 add on is not well explained. Stiebler wrote in the readme that all scripted aircraft flights in the campaign_rnd.mis are moved to campaign_scr.mis. So the campaign_rnd.mis from IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen overwrites the hard work.
Also, all minefields and subnets are missing in the campaign.scr.mis of NYGM_2017. And what happens to the Harbor Traffic Add-in from NYGM3_6F then?
Sorry, but I think this launch of NYGM_2017 has to be revised.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #1302
Warsteiner
Nub

I forgot to mention that I've seen in the mission editor German battleships and cruisers in the mediterranean. But there are italian warships in the museum that are clones of the germans but reskinned that would be more appropriate
. Maybe the campaign files need a revision...
Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #1303
Kendras
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 12

edit : SOLVED

Last edited by Kendras; 03-20-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #1304
AllenZ1Sgt
Swabbie

Downloads: 363

Thanks for the response FUBAR295, I had the install order as you listed and when NYGM_2017 came out I redid my jsgme to get in 4th on the list. Since no one else seems to have this problem I think your suggestion of corrupt file is probably it, I'll re-download NYGM-2017 before I go all the way to a full reinstall. Thanks again.
AllenZ1Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #1305
FUBAR295
Medic

[QUOTE=Warsteiner;2473863]I've been playing NYGM for almost 2 years and I think that the installation order for this 2017 add on is not well explained. Stiebler wrote in the readme that all scripted aircraft flights in the campaign_rnd.mis are moved to campaign_scr.mis. So the campaign_rnd.mis from IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen overwrites the hard work.
Also, all minefields and subnets are missing in the campaign.scr.mis of NYGM_2017. And what happens to the Harbor Traffic Add-in from NYGM3_6F then?
Sorry, but I think this launch of NYGM_2017 has to be revised./QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I forgot to mention that I've seen in the mission editor German battleships and cruisers in the mediterranean. But there are italian warships in the museum that are clones of the germans but reskinned that would be more appropriate
. Maybe the campaign files need a revision...

These are somethings that Steibler has to address for you. Sorry, I can not help out on this.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

**** GOTT MIT UNS ****

Tags
torpedos through hull