SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-10, 04:28 AM   #1
the.terrabyte.pirate
Navy Dude

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default TTP's OLC 'Gold' MkII Mapfix mod

I built this mod to bring back the option of playing with map contact updates switched on while using OLC's brilliant GUI and features. This is the only complaint I've had with the GUI, and from reading the 'Gold' MkII thread there are a number of other people out there looking to have the feature returned. It hasn't been tested with any other versions of OLC's GUI. It shouldn't interfere with any other mods unless they too have adjusted the map contacts or U-boat .tga files.

Instructions:
1) Install SHIII.
2) Patch to latest version.
3) Install GWX 3.0 and JSGME
4) Install OLC 'Gold' MkIIc through JSGME.
5) Use JSGME to update to OLC 'Gold' MkIId.
6) Use JGSME to install TTP's OLC 'Gold' Mapfix.

This file has update the following to OLC's 'Gold' MkII GUI mod.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS:
1) Easy, Normal, Hard and Realistic settings have been reverted to GWX norms. No difficulty penalty for map contact updates as per GWX norm. No difficulty penalty for using the event camera as per OLC GUI norms. I agree that all of the information provided to the player through the event camera should have been realistically available to the u-boat captain through hydrophones, watch officers etc. To compensate for this the realism hit for not having realistic ship sinking times is 5%. On the other hand I believe that as a kaulein with a half decent crew on watch / navigating you should not be faced with empty expanses of blank map.

MAPS:
1) The scale at which information is available on the navigation map has been reverted to GWX norms.
2) The scale at which information is available on the attack map has been reverted to GWX norms.

Naturally with map contact updates switched off these will not display.

SEA:
1) All the _shp files have been restored to display the hand-drawn ship icons on the maps when zoomed close.
2) The U-boat location indicator with bearings has been restored to GWX norms.

This is a permanent feature of the fix.

Use this mod as a way to ease yourself into the OLC GUI before tackling 100% realistic plotting etc.

Thanks to the GWX team and OLC for their brilliant work. Hope someone else out there finds it usefull.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41363874...apfix.zip.html

Edit: Re-uploaded. Should work now.

A kings ransom, or a stove boat.

Last edited by the.terrabyte.pirate; 08-18-10 at 06:31 AM.
the.terrabyte.pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:13 AM   #2
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 615

THX
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 04:45 AM   #3
orangewhale
Loader

Downloads: 322

Is there a mod or something that allows u to use the 360 bearing plotter in olc's mod? as i remember it didn't work or was not compatible with olc gold. I know the 360 bearing plotter mod is designed to make the map contact updates available but was wondering wether anyone knew about this.
Old 08-06-12, 09:48 PM   #4
titan253
Nub

Downloads: 13

sorry to resurrect an old thread but i'm really hoping someone has this file. OLC is great but i really miss my map contacts from GWX.

Also, if anyone can suggest an alternative method to getting them back i'm all ears.

Thanks for any help
titan253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:10 AM   #5
nattai
Swabbie

Downloads: 61

I would also love to get a hold of this.

I found the mod in the archive here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171019

in the 'The Terrabyte Pirate', folder, however I cannot download it for some reason, each time it just gives me a 'network error' message on the file

Perhaps you will have better luck with it, or someone might know of another location/alternative.

Just teaching myself this game, and for the longest time couldn't figure out why I couldn't see map contacts like in the tutorial video!

Will keep looking myself, hopefully might find something....

Rightio, seems that applying the ACM Lite Map mod fixes the problem. Everything seems to work! Only problem is that is gives the colour for ships being hostile/friendly etc, and I would really rather it didn't. But it works at least!

Last edited by nattai; 08-07-12 at 08:27 AM.
nattai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:33 AM   #6
titan253
Nub

Downloads: 13

That worked! Awesome man thanks. I was able to use a ftp client on my phone and the file downloaded no problem. Do you use your browser to access his server? I know my chrome browser struggles with it. I heard filezilla is a good ftp client, maybe try that?

Thanks again!
titan253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:08 AM   #7
nattai
Swabbie

Downloads: 61

And that ftp client worked for me, good stuff
nattai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:11 PM   #8
roten
Watch

Downloads: 57

thnx afor this is realy good and realistic
roten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 10:25 AM   #9
AVTSub
Nub

Downloads: 20
Default Mapfix link

The link for mapfix is dead http://rapidshare.com/files/41363874...apfix.zip.html

The only reason I am not using OLC Gold is because it seems to create problems with the map. Does anyone have this mod?

This is a very old thread and mod fix, is there another solution to the map problems that this fix addresses?

Thank you.
AVTSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 05:29 PM   #10
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTSub View Post
The link for mapfix is dead http://rapidshare.com/files/41363874...apfix.zip.html

The only reason I am not using OLC Gold is because it seems to create problems with the map. Does anyone have this mod?

This is a very old thread and mod fix, is there another solution to the map problems that this fix addresses?

Thank you.

https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/...-prate&lang=de
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 10:05 AM   #11
AVTSub
Nub

Downloads: 20

Thank you Plissken_04

I came up with a solution by adding in GWX-Color contacts(ignoring the compatibility warning) and doing a bit of modding/editing to the OCL Mod.

I will still download this to see how he fixed it and compare to see if it is a better solution.(It probably is better since I just mod/edit by guessing and trial and error)

thanks again
AVTSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 11:13 AM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

AVTSub!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote