SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-17, 09:51 AM   #1
Gpruitt54
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default triple screen mod for Cold waters

Hello moders. I am new to this title. What I am asking may already be available.

As it is, the weapon, condition, etc panel is on the right monitor, while the mini map, helm, etc are on the left monitor and no controls are on the center screen. I play with triple screens on a GTX1070. Is there a mod or a command that will force the in-game control panels to remain on the center screen?
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 11:00 PM   #2
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

I think you can go through the config file and change the positions of things. I also would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind as this sounds like a pretty cool setup. Are the monitors all the same model?
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 08:02 AM   #3
Gpruitt54
Nub

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyableSTIG View Post
I think you can go through the config file and change the positions of things. I also would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind as this sounds like a pretty cool setup. Are the monitors all the same model?
Is there a specific config I should be looking at? I am new to Cold Waters, and not sure where the config file is located.

I will have to take a photo of the three monitor setup. I am not aware of a screen capture that will capture all three screens. I am a sim racer and lots of sim racers use three screens. There are lots of videos on YouTube of similar setups. All three monitors are 23inch screens.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 05:28 PM   #4
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

I don't know where you installed steam, but if you can find your Steam install directory, the config file (actually called "default.txt") in question can be located in the follow directory:
No mods:
C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets\default\hud\
Mods:
C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets\override\hud\

The part in bold is the difference between the modded and non modded game folders.

As far as a screenshot, just hit F12 (Steam shortcut key) or the PrtScrn (PrintScreen) key.

If you go the Steam route you will be given the option to upload your screenshots after the game is closed.

If you go the PrtScrn option you can then use MS paint to save into an image file. And then you will need to upload it to an image hosting sight that allows you to post it here. The Steam route is probably easiest, but I'm not certain if it will capture all three screens. PrtScrn definitely will.
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote