SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-13, 12:39 PM   #1
Elena
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Fleet Command Questions - Speed orders and Helicopter Transit

Copied from my other thread, because its an entire different question and has nothing to do with the original topic, and i haven't recived any random-hit answers, so i'm making a proper topic about it. Thank you for any help in advance.

1) Now, i just noticed some flaws, i cannot, for some reason, set the speed for units. For airplanes, shift+6 and shift+8 work, 7 doesnt. When i want to command a ship, shift-1 slows them down, but i cannot command them to go faster or even ahead flank, shift-2/3 doesn't do anything, and i don't get any reply from the ship either (they send me a 'roger' when i command them to go slow with shift+1), also ships accelerate to about half of their topspeed when i give them a patrol order, and i have to manually order them back to their original speed.

2) Also, is there any possibility to make a transfer from one to another ship with planes? In a scenario, i'd like to send a Helicopter 'with a VIP' from an airport surrounded by enemy forces to land on a frigate, so to say a evac-ops. Now, i have both "return to base" and "return to station" in the menu, but both actions will result in the aircraft to take course on the area it has taken off from. Can i somehow assign them to another base, so from now on, it will recognize the frigate as home base, not the airport? And yes, the Frigate has got free space, it#s an empty OHP, which should be able to carry 2 seahawks, so one should be able to land there.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 07:38 AM   #2
Imamar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My problem is with the keys Shift + 2 and Shift + 7.
I have NWP 19.2 installed.
Old 04-08-14, 04:36 AM   #3
Chuck U F4rley
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Feeling bad about waking a dead thread, but I just found a solution for the first question:

The first one sounds like you might have the wrong keyboard layout. Try switching it to EN-US in windows, if it not already is.

The second one: No idea how that would be possible, sorry.
Chuck U F4rley is offline   Reply With Quote