SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-16-14, 11:10 AM   #1
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586
Uploads: 0
Default just got the game and having trouble

hey guys, I just got sub command and for some reason im having trouble with it. The game lags a lot and it freezes at times! Whats the problem?

specs:
win 7 64bit
graphics card: asus HD 7770
CPU: intel core i5
ram: 8 GB one stick
power supply: corsair cx 500

and I got the game from steam.
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 12:19 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Are you running it in a window or full screen? Window is not ideal, but when I run it in a window, I get zero graphical problems. To do this, you have to change your monitor to 16-bit color first, though.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 12:21 PM   #3
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

Full screen
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 05:13 PM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Assign the game to a single CPU core with Taskmanager (keyword "affinity"). It doesn't like multi-threading (or which ever way it splits it's processing across CPUs) and bogs down.

EDIT: This might help to automate things in the shortcut:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...e-windows.html

I have in my shortcut Target line:

cmd.exe /c start "Subcommand" /affinity 2 "C:\Games\Subcommand\Subcommand.exe"

CPU0 =1
CPU1 = 2 and so on.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 08:32 PM   #5
TMHLIVE
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

The ONLY problem I have with sub command in general is the sound issue I have never been able to fix. I have looked at forums (this and others) I have followed procedures or tried to adapt procedures to work and no result.

It's the age old problem, No voices only background sounds. I have what seems NO SFX. Even though they have been extracted and all this and that which is out as a fix. I have russian voices but no USA. I have no sonar sounds for both. If it's not one thing its the other when it comes to sound. I remember having all this before but some how now its gone. I admit I have given up and moved on a bit, but I do miss it. I found my self giving yet another go tonight to figure it out and nothing.

As for what you have posted, and how it all started regarding this thread. I am running SC on a pathetic mini laptop I got years ago and still use in the bedroom as a movie player and older games. That being said I have never ran into any issues with SC other then the fore mentioned. That is the reason I keep coming back to my own issue is cause of my love the classic game and what it can do. This game was based on a DOS game. This is all over in the reasearch that I have found for my own stuff. That being said, Windows has been pushing away from dos for some time now. It started with XP I think. (command vs msdos etc etc) I do think you mentioned windows 7 so that may be your issue. You might have to dumb down your windows.

Play with windows compatibility???

A option is a dual partition running a older OS is you are stuck.???

Look into emulation? (not sure)

Anyways I wish you luck in your quest as I continue mine. I've posted a few times but not much and like I said, I am still looking for my issue. I'm sure sooner or later I will figure it out or some one will be able to help. I love a challenge. Again, good luck.
TMHLIVE is offline   Reply With Quote