SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-07, 09:26 AM   #661
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

I got a bit bored with my campaigning and need a break. I'd be happy to help with GWX by beta testing, if possible. Any chance?

PS To the GWX team... Ekhm... Any chance that we could make the Polish translation we discussed some time ago for the next version? Still no info about files.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 09:29 AM   #662
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
I got a bit bored with my campaigning and need a break. I'd be happy to help with GWX by beta testing, if possible. Any chance?

PS To the GWX team... Ekhm... Any chance that we could make the Polish translation we discussed some time ago for the next version? Still no info about files.
I would suggest you sent a PM to BBW or JScones, as the Kpt is a bit held up at the moment and will probably not be able to reply quickly.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 10:45 AM   #663
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:

I would suggest you sent a PM to BBW or JScones, as the Kpt is a bit held up at the moment and will probably not be able to reply quickly.
:hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 11:10 AM   #664
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:

I think from the above mentioned only bigboywooly hasn't been molested by me on the matter yet in PM's.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 07:46 PM   #665
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Hang five Abd_von_Mumit. You'll hear from either Ref or myself over the next few days.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 07:28 PM   #666
Apeboy
Watch

Downloads: 0

I must be getting old.

I just did a fresh install of sh3/1.4/GWX with no problems.

I download the dec 23 file. It's a **.7z file? I put it in the MODS folder and JSGME doesn't recognize it. Do I need to make a folder for it or somehow open it? What extracts a .7z file?

thanks in advance
Apeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 07:30 PM   #667
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Get 7zip here

http://www.7-zip.org/

Extract into the MODS folder

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 07:31 PM   #668
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeboy
I must be getting old.

I just did a fresh install of sh3/1.4/GWX with no problems.

I download the dec 23 file. It's a **.7z file? I put it in the MODS folder and JSGME doesn't recognize it. Do I need to make a folder for it or somehow open it? What extracts a .7z file?

thanks in advance
You need the 7z program to unpack it. Get it from here, it's free http://www.7-zip.org/

The Dec-23 Update needs to be put into the MODS folder and then JSGME will see it. If you cannot unpack it click on the link in my signature and get the Dec-23 update in a rar format
Old 02-17-07, 07:32 PM   #669
Apeboy
Watch

Downloads: 0

Thank you! Getting it now.
Apeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 01:22 PM   #670
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quick question, I have GWX running no problems, I did not utilize JGSME to install the Dec23 update, just installed directly and overwrote the files. Did I do a BOOBOO. Just curious its running well no funny business.

Thanks!

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 01:34 PM   #671
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

Will this correct the CTD that so many people have been having during multi-play? I love what ya'll have done, my only complaint is that I never had a CTD in multi untill I started using GWX. One more quick question. Do we need to redownload all 5 of the files again and reinstall over 1.4? It does get a bit old needing to delete everything out than reinstall again.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 01:45 PM   #672
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

@ Wilcke... No, shouldn't be a problem. In fact it's a good thing to have the patch firmly planted into the game. It could cause problems if you already had other mods enabled before.

@ Zinmar...

No idea about the CTDs in multiplay... but the original GWX download files DO NOT have to be deleted redownloaded. This would be like snapping your SH3 DVD in half and going to the store and buying a new copy. If someone tells you to delete everything, they mean all the installed content: ie the SH3 install directory, and the SH3 directory in my documents, nothing else.
The only reason to redownload the files is if you had reason to believe that they're corrupt. In most cases the installer would not work if this is the case.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 01:46 PM   #673
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quick question, I have GWX running no problems, I did not utilize JGSME to install the Dec23 update, just installed directly and overwrote the files. Did I do a BOOBOO. Just curious its running well no funny business.

Thanks!

Wilcke
I'm affraid you did a big BOOBOO actually Very soon the new GWX1.02 patch will be released and in order to add it to your game you will need a clean GWX1.0 version without the Dec-updates. I'm affraid you will need to uninstall and re-install GWX soon. Moral of the story: Always enable mods via JSGME, as that way there is no chance of something going wrong. If you don't want/need a mod you disable it and you have a clean installation.

Obviously if you just want to play GWX with the Dec patch you should be OK. If you had other mods installed as well you might face some problems
Old 02-19-07, 03:46 PM   #674
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Thank you for the response....that is why I backed up a fresh install of SHIII patched to 1.4b, I am new to this and there is much to learn!
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 03:53 PM   #675
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Thank you for the response....that is why I backed up a fresh install of SHIII patched to 1.4b, I am new to this and there is much to learn!
To avoid situations like these there are a few simple tricks:

1. Have multiple installations (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...e+installation)
2. Always enable mods via JSGME
3. Always enable mods while you're in port and NEVER at sea
4. Always Rollback SH3Cmd before enabling the mods.