SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-15, 07:56 AM   #241
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Just about all mods are for v1.5. If you're running v1.2 just about every mod you load will crash your game. You need to update badly!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-15, 01:18 PM   #242
Ika Musume
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default Zomg

I just used an adcap torpedo on a gun boat, the explosion sent it straight up flying out of the water.... couldnt stop laughing about that, great sub x3
Ika Musume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-15, 02:21 PM   #243
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Ika Musume!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 07:33 AM   #244
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Ika

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 01:38 AM   #245
madhax47
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Very cool mod
To extend radar masts download silenthunter keymapper http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4715
and search for "toggle snorkel"
to open tubes use Q
Old 10-03-15, 02:12 AM   #246
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

shift+x does the trick in stock...tse tse tse
Old 10-13-15, 11:13 AM   #247
echomurder
Swabbie

Downloads: 70
Default changing conning tower view?

Hello all,

quick question...i see in some youtube videos, people going from the watch tower on the sail of the typhoon down a few step to where the windows are. are they using a free cam mod or am i missing something here? Thanks for your awesome work JH.
echomurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 10:36 PM   #248
DeadlyAirForce
Nub

Downloads: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato_NF View Post
you have to acquire one (1) target, open tube (or tubes) 7-14 for missiles,
and 1-6 for torpedoes. and FIRE AWAY!
(and watch the fireworks! )
or: if you prefer manual TDC, dont use the periscope and use the hydrophone/attack map for a nuke boat feel!
i will release a new file that will allow you to fire missiles at 100 meters down!
Note: the torpedoes the sub gets HAVE NOT been implemented into the US campaign yet... ill work on that later... atleast you get nuke reloads though!
when i installed it i didnt get the russian fish or the nukes but the sub works fine but i also cant fire the default fish from the game is there somthing im missing?
DeadlyAirForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 02:44 AM   #249
CaptainJon
Watch

Downloads: 24

Hi! Very fun and interesting mod having a blast with it in the War Patrols, but not showing up for career. Not sure if it has do with my version maybe? Also the "rear" missiles/torps seem not either not work or "dud" on me? Maybe I'm not waiting long enough for the tubes to open? Any other help or tips would be awesome Thanks in advance
CaptainJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 01:04 PM   #250
bloddyboy123
Captain Indiana

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJon View Post
Hi! Very fun and interesting mod having a blast with it in the War Patrols, but not showing up for career. Not sure if it has do with my version maybe? Also the "rear" missiles/torps seem not either not work or "dud" on me? Maybe I'm not waiting long enough for the tubes to open? Any other help or tips would be awesome Thanks in advance
You gotta be on 1.5 and have Uboat missions. to fire the ICBMs you have to open the tubes and wait for them to be fully open before you can fire, default key is Q. Asfor the career, make sure no other mods are active and its under the 1941 start year and you have to select ComsubGuru as your starting location.
bloddyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 01:25 PM   #251
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard !

DeadlyAirForce! & bloddyboy123!AFTER A LONG SILENT RUN!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 04:44 PM   #252
CaptainJon
Watch

Ohh....I dont have Uboat missions Have to pick it up some time

Edit: Seems (so far) that indeed I forgot to change starting locale; but yeah I don't have UBM so I dunno if it will work the same. Seems to. Is there a guide for what each missile/torpedo does?
2nd Edit: Ah ok sorry I kinda re read the thread and the understanding is you *need* UBM for this. So since its on sale %50 off that is what I will do.
3rd l Edit: Ah yes just ran JSGME and the UBM.exe and voila! Oh, this is just going to be silly/redonkulous
4th Edit: OK so the regular torpedos seems to work fine and well but the SLBMS seem to just launch up and then...go off course? Anything special I should be doing?

Last edited by CaptainJon; 12-26-15 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-26-15, 08:09 PM   #253
bloddyboy123
Captain Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
DeadlyAirForce! & bloddyboy123!AFTER A LONG SILENT RUN!
Im starting to get back into SH xP and im not a big forum person, i lurk.

also, my russian fish never seem to want to alter corse, they do with the first few then it just shoots straight. also the American Homing torps get glitchy compared to other mods with them in. I dont even bother with the cruise missles, they dont work for me either xP
Old 12-26-15, 08:15 PM   #254
bloddyboy123
Captain Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJon View Post
Ohh....I dont have Uboat missions Have to pick it up some time

Edit: Seems (so far) that indeed I forgot to change starting locale; but yeah I don't have UBM so I dunno if it will work the same. Seems to. Is there a guide for what each missile/torpedo does?
2nd Edit: Ah ok sorry I kinda re read the thread and the understanding is you *need* UBM for this. So since its on sale %50 off that is what I will do.
3rd l Edit: Ah yes just ran JSGME and the UBM.exe and voila! Oh, this is just going to be silly/redonkulous
4th Edit: OK so the regular torpedos seems to work fine and well but the SLBMS seem to just launch up and then...go off course? Anything special I should be doing?
Lock on like normal, they are ICBMs so in theory, they shoot into subatmo, then back down, DO NOT BE WITHIN 3000 METERS, it will kill you. and quick. ive done it. alot. its supposed to be visible coming back down with a smoke trail but mine doesnt, and there is no visible blast. ships just start catching fire and blowing up gradually xP
Old 12-26-15, 09:02 PM   #255
CaptainJon
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloddyboy123 View Post
Lock on like normal, they are ICBMs so in theory, they shoot into subatmo, then back down, DO NOT BE WITHIN 3000 METERS, it will kill you. and quick. ive done it. alot. its supposed to be visible coming back down with a smoke trail but mine doesnt, and there is no visible blast. ships just start catching fire and blowing up gradually xP
Ah ok. Another thing. Is it still relevant if you have a green/yellow/red in the TDC? Funny though because the cruise missiles work fairly well for me