SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-17, 03:59 PM   #1
Zky
Bosun

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Default Another TMO 2.5 download elsewhere?

Hey, just wondering if there is another place to download TMO 2.5 then in the download section?

Having issues with my installation. Everything seems to work as vanilla but as soon as I apply TMO 2.5 I get "missing" or black textures on different ships in the Museum and crashes if I try to view the subs, so after 7+ reinstalls and different mod soups which made me find out that it all breaks at mod 1 (TMO 2.5) I'm trying to find other options.

Trying a last clean install with registry all cleaned out and everything...
Zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 04:37 PM   #2
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zky View Post
I get "missing" or black textures
Do you have SH4 version 1.5 (U-boat update)? What you describe sounds like what happens when you install TMO 2.5 on an SH4 1.4 install.
Old 01-03-17, 04:46 PM   #3
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Do you have SH4 version 1.5 (U-boat update)? What you describe sounds like what happens when you install TMO 2.5 on an SH4 1.4 install.
Hi Razark, yes I do actually and the version in the corner is 1.5

I should mention that this is a Steam version, never had any issues with SH5 (or other game) on that but SH4 could be another thing I guess
Old 01-03-17, 07:06 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Actually no, it should work flawlessly. What directory is your game installed into--the entire path. If you're in the \program files or \program files (x86) directories Windows watchdogs won't let mods change files there. So JSGME can't work properly.

Set Steam to install games in a root directory, like c:\games and that problem goes away. And that's been a problem since Vista, so it's not a Windows 10 only problem.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 08:43 PM   #5
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

I put tmo 2.5 in my D: folder runs just fine...
Old 01-04-17, 02:15 PM   #6
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Actually no, it should work flawlessly. What directory is your game installed into--the entire path. If you're in the \program files or \program files (x86) directories Windows watchdogs won't let mods change files there. So JSGME can't work properly.

Set Steam to install games in a root directory, like c:\games and that problem goes away. And that's been a problem since Vista, so it's not a Windows 10 only problem.
Shouldn't be a problem either as this is my directory: A:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

Any other ideas on what could be wrong? Still open to the idea of downloading TMO 2.5 from another source then subsim to make sure the issue isn't there (which is highly unlikely i guess)
Old 01-04-17, 02:55 PM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Do other mods work correctly on your machine?
Old 01-04-17, 04:27 PM   #8
Zky
Bosun

Yes stuff like a small graphics mod do work. Applying a mod like OTC does add more issues though.

have been struggling with sh4 for almost 3 weeks now so I think I will give up and maybe start up my old SH5 and start digging my self another mod grave there...

Though it would be interesting to test another mega mod and see if that works instead...

Last edited by Zky; 01-04-17 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-04-17, 08:38 PM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You could always try
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3634

which is the LAA download on this site. You mention skin troubles and CTD in the Museum and unable to see the subs... my memory banks won't quite pull something in... but is this on a laptop?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 11:35 AM   #10
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You could always try
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3634

which is the LAA download on this site. You mention skin troubles and CTD in the Museum and unable to see the subs... my memory banks won't quite pull something in... but is this on a laptop?
Thanks Beanie, playing on a proper gaming rig no laptop.
Old 01-06-17, 07:16 AM   #11
Zky
Bosun

Already posted this in the textures missing thread as me and Cobra5150 creating that thread seemed to have the same issues but I will post the same answer here

So I actually seem to have fixed my texture issue and with that also some random CTDs that occurred! A bit unclear what actually fixed the issue, but I read somewhere that if you dont run the game and play something like the tutorials for a bit, before applying mods, steam can try to verify files on first startup and overwrite some of your applied mod files.

The installation process
Uninstalling SH4 and UBM from steam menu.
Running CCleander, scanning and fixing registry
Install SH4 vanilla
NEW addition to process, run vanilla SH4 and play a bit of the sub tutorials
Install UBM
NEW addition to process, run SH4 UBM and play a bit of the sub tutorials, i launched the game twice in this step, one time first selecting SH4 vanilla in steam menu and then UBM. Both should start the same exe but just to be sure.
NEW addition to process, install jsgme from a old SH5 backup that I had, v2.6.0.157
NEW addition to process, install and run LAA on SH4.exe
Install mods

Issues that still occur
1. No subs are visible in Museum, happens as soon as TMO 2.5 is applied. BUT no CTD
2. Menu ID missing error after OTC mod is applied and loading up tutorial or campaign at sea, I fixed this by replacing the menu_1024_768.ini manually with the last applied menu_1024_768.ini file from the OTC mod files.

I have not had the time to run the campaign more then getting out of PH and testing the different command stations but all seems to be well so far...
Old 01-06-17, 08:26 AM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Post your mod list from JSGME again, if you would...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 04:47 AM   #13
Cobra5150
Seaman

Downloads: 189

As far as I know you only have to install SH4 UBM if using Steam. You do not need to install SH4. Also I read some where that the museum crash is a known TMO bug caused by the addition of so many new ships.
Cobra5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 08:10 AM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5150 View Post
As far as I know you only have to install SH4 UBM if using Steam. You do not need to install SH4. Also I read some where that the museum crash is a known TMO bug caused by the addition of so many new ships.
I never used the museum very much, so can't comment on its reliability with TMO. BUT.....being project leader for Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Project has taught me that most add-on ships barely work. They are filled with errors that the game tolerates to a reasonable degree, but the Museum and Mission Editor freak out about.

As a matter of fact, we use the Museum as the torture tester for ships. Once it works right there, we don't have to worry about game behavior. The Museum doesn't suffer fools lightly. In FOTRSU our main priority, when we were debugging ships, was that the Museum operate properly. I doubt any other mod has realized the nasty things we have discovered or all those buggy ships wouldn't be out there.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Museum in TMO didn't work perfectly. The Museum is a nasty beast!