SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-16, 02:36 PM   #16
UKönig
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I've noticed that in pretty much all cases, it takes a torpedo travelling at 30 knots 1 minute to cover 1 km. I use that as my baseline for most of my calculations involving distance, speed and time.
Old 12-21-16, 02:40 AM   #17
McDonnel
Watch

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKönig View Post
I've noticed that in pretty much all cases, it takes a torpedo travelling at 30 knots 1 minute to cover 1 km. I use that as my baseline for most of my calculations involving distance, speed and time.
926 meters in 1 minute, if you want it exact
McDonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-16, 08:01 AM   #18
willy81
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

A big thanks to all who replied! I have now figured out how to remove the stopwatch completely from the game and can now use my own to immerse myself more within the game.

On a side note, to remove the clock, I had to modify the file appropriate to the last GUI mod in the sequence and had to disable and re enable that mod for it to take effect. The sound file is part of stock sh3 so can be changed at any time.

Using the scale in map view to get estimated torpedo time to target is flawed because in my mod, max speed on the scale is 30 knots. Sometimes, I like to fire a type I at high speed (44 knots) and that calculation isn't available from that scale.

I did end up making a spreadsheet with the 3 main running speeds vs distance to come up with and eta to impact up to 7400m. I have tried it and as long as your range calcs are pretty spot on, it works. Maybe I can post a pic of it here??

Anyway thanks again to all who contributed to this discussion. It was greatly appreciated.

Cheers
willy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 07:00 AM   #19
willy81
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Default What is the disk for in the obs periscope in the amc reloaded mod?

I have spent a while trying to find info on the obs periscope disk and the links to the tutorials are broken. If I was smarter I could probably figure it out myself but I guess I'm not...any working links or help would be great.

Cheers
Will
willy81 is offline   Reply With Quote