SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-17, 10:25 AM   #1276
Warsteiner
Swabbie

Downloads: 337
Uploads: 0

What is the new correct order of installation?
If I install IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen the campaign_RND.mis overwrites the one of NYGM_2017.
Thank you for this great mod
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 12:04 PM   #1277
AllenZ1Sgt
Watch

Downloads: 454

Hello all, when I install NYGM_2017 My periscopes (Obs and Atk) and UZO display becomes just a square "window" and if I move the mouse out of this window it leaves permanent trails. My install order is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\SilentHunterIII-NYGM\MODS]

1_NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
2_NYGM3_New
3_NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017

Has anyone seen this? Did I leave anything out from the install? Many thanks for any assistance.

also when i deactivate NYGM-2017 all is well

Last edited by AllenZ1Sgt; 03-20-17 at 12:15 PM.
AllenZ1Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 12:15 PM   #1278
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenZ1Sgt View Post
Hello all, when I install NYGM_2017 My periscopes (Obs and Atk) and UZO display becomes just a square "window" and if I move the mouse out of this window it leaves permanent trails. My install order is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\SilentHunterIII-NYGM\MODS]

1_NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
2_NYGM3_New
3_NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017

Has anyone seen this? Did I leave anything out from the install? Many thanks for any assistance.

This is the order in which to load the mods, which you seem to have in the correct order.

:The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and updating, as follows:

I can only guess that you have corrupted file. Try reinstalling and test SH3 after each mod place into the game.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 12:18 PM   #1279
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
What is the new correct order of installation?
If I install IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen the campaign_RND.mis overwrites the one of NYGM_2017.
Thank you for this great mod

This is the correct order :

The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and updating, as follows:
Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 03-20-17, 01:12 PM   #1280
Warsteiner
Swabbie

I've been playing NYGM for almost 2 years and I think that the installation order for this 2017 add on is not well explained. Stiebler wrote in the readme that all scripted aircraft flights in the campaign_rnd.mis are moved to campaign_scr.mis. So the campaign_rnd.mis from IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen overwrites the hard work.
Also, all minefields and subnets are missing in the campaign.scr.mis of NYGM_2017. And what happens to the Harbor Traffic Add-in from NYGM3_6F then?
Sorry, but I think this launch of NYGM_2017 has to be revised.
Old 03-20-17, 01:27 PM   #1281
Warsteiner
Swabbie

I forgot to mention that I've seen in the mission editor German battleships and cruisers in the mediterranean. But there are italian warships in the museum that are clones of the germans but reskinned that would be more appropriate
. Maybe the campaign files need a revision...
Old 03-20-17, 01:49 PM   #1282
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

edit : SOLVED

Last edited by Kendras; 03-20-17 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-20-17, 02:57 PM   #1283
AllenZ1Sgt
Watch

Downloads: 454

Thanks for the response FUBAR295, I had the install order as you listed and when NYGM_2017 came out I redid my jsgme to get in 4th on the list. Since no one else seems to have this problem I think your suggestion of corrupt file is probably it, I'll re-download NYGM-2017 before I go all the way to a full reinstall. Thanks again.
AllenZ1Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 06:47 PM   #1284
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

[QUOTE=Warsteiner;2473863]I've been playing NYGM for almost 2 years and I think that the installation order for this 2017 add on is not well explained. Stiebler wrote in the readme that all scripted aircraft flights in the campaign_rnd.mis are moved to campaign_scr.mis. So the campaign_rnd.mis from IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen overwrites the hard work.
Also, all minefields and subnets are missing in the campaign.scr.mis of NYGM_2017. And what happens to the Harbor Traffic Add-in from NYGM3_6F then?
Sorry, but I think this launch of NYGM_2017 has to be revised./QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I forgot to mention that I've seen in the mission editor German battleships and cruisers in the mediterranean. But there are italian warships in the museum that are clones of the germans but reskinned that would be more appropriate
. Maybe the campaign files need a revision...

These are somethings that Steibler has to address for you. Sorry, I can not help out on this.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 03-21-17, 05:12 AM   #1285
Warsteiner
Swabbie

Icon10

I have discovered that the campaign files can be opened with a text editor. The reason for the missing minefields and subnets in campaign_scr.mis is that it must be added before line "[OrdnanceUnit 1.Waypoint 1]" this:
[OrdnanceUnit 1]
Name=Dover BR Minefield 1
Class=Minefield
Type=500
Origin=British
Side=1
GameEntryDate=19391001
GameEntryTime=0
GameExitDate=19451231
GameExitTime=0
Long=213300.000000
Lat=6147600.000000
Height=0.000000
Heading=0.000000
RandStartRadius=0.000000
Density=5.000000
HeightIntervalMin=-15.000000
HeightIntervalMax=-15.000000
NextWP=0

I can now modify the ships on my own.
Old 03-21-17, 07:10 AM   #1286
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Warsteiner,

Sorry about the delayed reply. I've been checking your claims of faulty campaign files.

1. I agree with your discovery about the campaign_SCR.mis file not showing any mines in Mission Editor. The explanation, I was about to write, but I see that you have written faster, is that a cut-and-paste operation for the scripted aircraft accidently overwrote the first unit of the Ordnance group, without over-writing its waypoints. This 'disabled' all the ordnance units, which was not apparent during the lengthy testing that I have carried out.
2. The IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen mod contains its own campaign_RND.mis file, which over-writes that in NYGM_2017.
True, I'd completely forgotten about that. The Thomsen file needs the St. Eval-Musketry and Chieveley-Musketry scripted flights removed (Nos. 2029 and 2030), and the next entries renumbered.
3. The HarborTrafficMod needs the new scripted aircraft. I'd forgotten about that too.

Thanks for all this information, and I'll fix it as soon as possible.
DO NOT attempt to make fixes in SH3 Mission Editor! This often stamps its own ideas about what was intended onto campaign files, which were not what the user intended. Mission Editor is good for checking, but not for modifying, existing campaign files.

And finally - there seems to be a bug in the new radar mod, when FuMO61 is used. The aerial rotates, but detects nothing. Sometimes the aerial is destroyed during loading a new patrol. These faults might be due to the ordnance problem in (1) above, though.

Apologies to others affected by these errors.
It's difficult to test every permutation of NYGM.
I'll make a replacement as soon as possible, named NYGM_2017A to avoid confusion.
Meanwhile, I shall leave the mod available on the NYGM web-site, because some others want to see how NYGM now handles the issue of scripted aircraft and moving air-bases.

Stiebler.

Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 07:32 AM   #1287
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Default A "mild" Gods eye view?

Hello all, first off i want to thank Stiebler for this OUTSTANDING mod. The very best super mod available for sh3 imho.

I also want to ask you guys, i want to use the gods eye view on the map, but the mod to enable it that comes with NYGM (under main mod/documentation) puts back everything, ship colors (neutral, foe, et), bearing, etc. I would like to use gods eye, but with black contacts, no bearing indicators, etc. Kind of like the ones in GWX3.

It think it would be great to have the contacts on the map (mainly to avoid all the tedious plotting), but without those squares giving away too much info, like if the ship is neutral or enemy, course, etc.

Anyone know if such a mod exsists for NYGM?

thanks in advance!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 08:32 AM   #1288
Warsteiner
Swabbie

Thank you Stiebler for this mod. For a long time I didn´t play sh3 but a couple of years ago I installed this mod on my old computer and now I can not stop playing.
Old 03-21-17, 06:19 PM   #1289
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
bullhorn Restore Gods eye Black contacts minimod for NYGM!

I couldnt find a mod that restores the gods eye view but with black contacts, so i made my own.

Im pasting the readme.txt info below, as well as the download link. if anyone finds it usefull, feel free to download and use it.

A note for Stiebler:
I modified some of your original files in the mod "restore gods eye view" included in NYGM to make this small mod. If i i did something wrong, or for some reason you are not Ok with me using these files (and redistributing them on this mod), please let me know and ill take the mod down immediatelly.

Also, While editing the xxx_ship.tga files in the original "Restore gods eye view" to make make them black, i noticed that the file P01B_shp.tga under \data\Sea\P01B\ appears to be blank. Using gimp i cant see any image at all. Not a big deal at all, i just tought id let you know.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ksff6a...s_For_NYGM.zip

Readme.txt
----- Restore Gods view Black contacts For NYGM v1.0 by Benzin -----

Restores the Gods view on the navigation map (provided you uncheck the no map contact update under realism settings), but shows all contacts in black color and optionally without "tail" so you wont know exactly where they are heading.
All contact information on the map is displayed in black color. From the square boxes all the way to the zoomed in ship silouettes, and the "tails" as well. Air contacts are also showed on map.

The idea of this mod is to avoid all the tedious plotting needed when not having the contacts show up on the map at all, but without giving away so much information such as if its a neutral or enemy unit, so you still have to ID its flag, check the date, and decide if you shoot at it or not.

-- Installation --

1.- This mod comes in two flavors, pick the one you want:

- Restore Gods view Black contacts: Restores contacts in black colors WITH their "tails" so you can know where they are heading.
Or
- Restore Gods view Black contacts NB: As above, but without any Bearing tails. Only a black square is shown.

2.- After you decided wich one you want, copy it to your mods folder and install with JSGME after your complete NYGM installation.

Enjoy!

- Benzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Hello all, first off i want to thank Stiebler for this OUTSTANDING mod. The very best super mod available for sh3 imho.

I also want to ask you guys, i want to use the gods eye view on the map, but the mod to enable it that comes with NYGM (under main mod/documentation) puts back everything, ship colors (neutral, foe, et), bearing, etc. I would like to use gods eye, but with black contacts, no bearing indicators, etc. Kind of like the ones in GWX3.

It think it would be great to have the contacts on the map (mainly to avoid all the tedious plotting), but without those squares giving away too much info, like if the ship is neutral or enemy, course, etc.

Anyone know if such a mod exsists for NYGM?

thanks in advance!

Last edited by Benzin1973; 03-21-17 at 06:30 PM.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 05:32 AM   #1290
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
I couldnt find a mod that restores the gods eye view but with black contacts, so i made my own.

Im pasting the readme.txt info below, as well as the download link. if anyone finds it usefull, feel free to download and use it.

A note for Stiebler:
I modified some of your original files in the mod "restore gods eye view" included in NYGM to make this small mod. If i i did something wrong, or for some reason you are not Ok with me using these files (and redistributing them on this mod), please let me know and ill take the mod down immediatelly.

Also, While editing the xxx_ship.tga files in the original "Restore gods eye view" to make make them black, i noticed that the file P01B_shp.tga under \data\Sea\P01B\ appears to be blank. Using gimp i cant see any image at all. Not a big deal at all, i just tought id let you know.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ksff6a...s_For_NYGM.zip

Readme.txt
----- Restore Gods view Black contacts For NYGM v1.0 by Benzin -----

Restores the Gods view on the navigation map (provided you uncheck the no map contact update under realism settings), but shows all contacts in black color and optionally without "tail" so you wont know exactly where they are heading.
All contact information on the map is displayed in black color. From the square boxes all the way to the zoomed in ship silouettes, and the "tails" as well. Air contacts are also showed on map.

The idea of this mod is to avoid all the tedious plotting needed when not having the contacts show up on the map at all, but without giving away so much information such as if its a neutral or enemy unit, so you still have to ID its flag, check the date, and decide if you shoot at it or not.

-- Installation --

1.- This mod comes in two flavors, pick the one you want:

- Restore Gods view Black contacts: Restores contacts in black colors WITH their "tails" so you can know where they are heading.
Or
- Restore Gods view Black contacts NB: As above, but without any Bearing tails. Only a black square is shown.

2.- After you decided wich one you want, copy it to your mods folder and install with JSGME after your complete NYGM installation.

Enjoy!

- Benzin
Hi Benzin

Thanks I think this is good idea!!!
I'm sure download and probe your mod..
thanks again mate

Tags
torpedos through hull