Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-20-07, 04:02 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default @ Eddie, Re: SBP scenario regions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie
I know, just making a little comparison on how far graphics have come,lol Have been reading all the indepth reviews of SBP, and with its size of nearly 2 GB installed, I've yet to see a definitive description of what areas of the world this sim will show?
I have currently 56 digital maps of regions in my folder, and know that at least 27 more are around, but maybe with restricted access due to demands of military customers. These areas can be of extremely huge sizes (several dozens x several dozens kilometers) and thus can host many different playing areas, which for the Personal Edition need to be limited to smaller sizes, I forgot the exact value, but I think it was something like 30x30 km. Note that you can edit the textures and season themes of regions, but not alter the 3D-modelling of the height maps. the areas covered feature various Forts in the US including the NTC, areas in central and scandinavian Europe, Middle East, Northafrica, Asia, Australia.

It is very different than the playing maps in other sims use to be. Also, the focus of the sim is such that you will not care if you have 10, 20 or 50 regions from which to define your maps: it simply does not matter. You'll be busy with other things.

I have a printed list with regional maps available, but I can't find the file anymore. I see if I spend the time to scan it and post it.

Old 05-20-07, 05:25 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

I needed to scan it, so it is lower quality, but better than nothing.

Green marked print is what came with the first CD version that I ordered.

Unmarked print letters is what is worked on, or available only to the military customers.

Unreadable handwriting is what I additionally downloaded in height maps.

Probably there are even some more height maps available by now.
Old 05-20-07, 06:39 PM   #3
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Thank you for your reply, I sure appreciate that!!! That's exactly what I was looking for, but a little puzzeled on why you would want to run around in a tank near the Loch Ness!!:rotfl:

Well, that settles it, I'm going to order it! Now to check the most updated threads on installation procedures, hopefully it should be pretty easy! Not worried about the sim"s updates, just the others for the USB security stuff!

I've enjoyed the links you provided for videos of this sim, can hardly wait! Thanks again!

Eddie
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 06:52 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Check the SBP ressources sticky on top of the forum list. All you need, including the patching sequence, I put in there. I know that they have just burned a new set of CDs with the latest version, so you have some chance that you will not need to patch at all. Only the firmware of the dongle, eventually, and check your dirX version.