SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-17, 08:53 PM   #1
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default A new/old Look for PT-109

Well it took years to figure it out and to work up enough nerve to download and,, used that sh3d editor acouple of hours ago it's in the DAT file of PT-109 is where to make the changes

yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 09:12 PM   #2
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Well it took years to figure it out and to work up enough nerve to download and,, used that sh3d editor acouple of hours ago it's in the DAT file of PT-109 is where to make the changes

Wow, that looks awesome, Good job.
Old 08-10-17, 09:43 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Now we just need to get you to shrink that search light down to about one-tenth of its current size, and mount it on a pole next to the wheel. Don't care too much about it lighting up. Then, if we could get you to take one of the small turrets that are in the game, butcher is up a bit, take the top and gun off, put the top half of a sailor in it, give him a twin 50, put a railing around it, and mount it on a bucket... let the turret do the spinning... You are now a bonafide "expert"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 09:47 PM   #4
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Now we just need to get you to shrink that search light down to about one-tenth of its current size, and mount it on a pole next to the wheel. Don't care too much about it lighting up. Then, if we could get you to take one of the small turrets that are in the game, butcher is up a bit, take the top and gun off, put the top half of a sailor in it, give him a twin 50, put a railing around it, and mount it on a bucket... let the turret do the spinning... You are now a bonafide "expert"...
The Terminator

I'll get my coat.
Old 08-10-17, 09:52 PM   #5
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
That's an easy one,, just get rid of it,, go into the equipment file and delete it. my 3d ing is limited I just did this not knowing how to use it a couple of hours ago ,, hell I was going to put the phalax in the gun mounts,, but that's alittle beyond me.
Old 08-10-17, 10:14 PM   #6
yubba
Admiral

Default Remember you are the Skipper

or the back seat driver.

Old 08-11-17, 03:27 AM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
I put a 20 MM in the searchlights place, currently have a 50 cal. Can man it, crewman doesnt show up at GQ there nor will it fire unless player mans it, looks cool though. Suppose change the node from L to M and itd function as a deck gun?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 03:28 AM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

Great work. Going to release?
Old 08-11-17, 06:29 AM   #9
yubba
Admiral

I'd be happy to,, or I can tell you,, how to do it, it's pretty easy with that 3d editor, or you can ,, tell me how to upload these files,, did you say the 50cal fires ????
Old 08-11-17, 09:37 AM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I'd be happy to,, or I can tell you,, how to do it, it's pretty easy with that 3d editor, or you can ,, tell me how to upload these files,, did you say the 50cal fires ????

Yes .50 cal does fire, but player has to man it when placed in search light position. Files for .50 cal are in the PT 109 mod, simply add "12mm_Browning_soclu" in the link name portion of the .eqp file where the searchlight was. There is a twin .50 cal out there somewhere used on S boats, cant find it though. Twin 50's would be perfect for early war PT's and even for later war, as they still used 50's.

Sure. take the mod and right click "send to" comppressed(zip) folder. You will see a zipped file appear. Just attach to email or if you want to upload to subsim. Do the same far as compressing. Then go to "downloads" here at subsim and click on the Add, youll see where to load it, specify SH 4, ships, add a description and click add at bottom of screen to load it.
Old 08-11-17, 10:02 AM   #11
yubba
Admiral

THX for the responce,, would you know if there is a edit to limit the horizontal arc of fire on the aa guns ,, the orginal builders of the PT worried of the crew blending into objects on the deck,, that's why they built those tubs which are called stands in sh3d editor click on the discription in the list and delete then drop the AA node down the y axis to 0.17 you'll can adjust the other 2 axis to your liking..
Old 08-11-17, 10:39 AM   #12
yubba
Admiral

Default we got 50s

Old 08-11-17, 10:55 AM   #13
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Very cool. Look forward to playing with the revised PT boat. I've played through Leyte Gulf with PT and DD now, lot of fine, some tweaks to make but a lot of fune.

For DD campaign, depart Manus with Taffy 3 on 10/12/44 per history, sail to Leyte area. Offshore while launches air strikes on Leyte area. Scripted some air attacks. May put in a surfaced submarine to encounter.

Battle off Samar- Played twice, survived once. Problem is the BB's and CA's dont engage with main guns at distances should. The DD's run in towards , so end up fighting he DD's which is fairly easy, I cross their T unload broadsides before close, usually get through without a hit.

Then rush in towards the BB's and CA's for torpedo run.big guns start blazing , dodging shells and all, gets intense. I was trying to get in on Yamato, I got slaughtered just after released torpedoes. Yamato's main guns will ruin the Fletcher quickly.Hit me abou 7000 yards out.Went dead in water from destroyed engines, scores more hits finished me off.

Second time I was out of position to atttack BB's so went after CA's, one hit a Mogami class in bow and ruined it, another hit a Takao class CA and left it burning but didnt sink.

Also added the air strikes from Taffy 3 , 2, 1, to divert attention. Most dont have bombs(most didnt in real life since strikes were launched on fly).

I've added kamikazes from FOTRS, going to see how they work soon.

PT wise, a lot of fine. I need to get the AI torps working on the AI elco so they are more than just targets .I gave them 40 MM guns, should help.

Also, if it wont let you upload, you may have to email Neal so will make it so you can upload or email to me and Ill upload for you, whichever works best for you.
Old 08-11-17, 11:34 AM   #14
yubba
Admiral

Default Give me a few days

..,PM me here Bubbles with your E-mail ,I'll send the whole boat over, I haven't ran it on any missions to check for bugs I haven't seen aa work yet ,, and now the 50 is on board I can't get to the 40 in the back,,. Ps if I would check my e-mail your address should be there. I'll see if I can get more crew to show.
Old 08-11-17, 11:42 AM   #15
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

The Heermann took at least one hit from a BB and survived... why can't you?...

In Real Life though, the big guns' shells mostly just passed through the basically un-armored US DDs & DEs without detonating. That's not to say that they weren't damaged by them though, of course... - there's a picture of the Heermann somewhere post-op, but I can't find it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote