SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-17, 07:27 AM   #16
MBot
Loader

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

I for one hope they stay in the Cold War era for now. I think this was the golden age of nuclear submarines and Cold Waters does an excellent job of capturing the feeling of the era. I would like the developers to stick with it and expand upon it, such as with a Soviet campaign, allies campaigns, and additional theaters such as the Mediterranean and the North Pacific.

In the longer term I would love to see a potential successor game that is a bit closer to Fast Attack or Sub Command, with the introduction of dedicated stations, paired with a more open Silent Hunter-style campaign that puts more emphasis on search, hunt and the unknown element. Cold Waters is great and a lot of fun and I understand (and agree) that for a small team the game had to be designed in this way. Now I hope that with a financial successful game at their backs (hopefully), Killerfish can expand and build a more complex subsim.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 08:07 AM   #17
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

What I would like to see, apart from Soviet campaign is to have an animated 3d bridge. It doesn't have to be fully functional (i.e. not all screens need to show true info) but it would greatly improve immersion.

I'd even pay full game price for it, if it'd include different bridges for all available subs.
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 11:00 AM   #18
midnight.mangler
Watch

Downloads: 25

What Mbot said.

Loving cold waters and the Cold War love. More please.
midnight.mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 11:00 AM   #19
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
For free is not good, this is their job. You wouldn't work for free would you?

I'd gladly pay money for large scale expansions such as multiplayer, playable Soviet subs (along with Soviet campaigns), and playable surface ships.
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 07:06 PM   #20
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Never thought I'd ever say this but Fleet Command's 1990s graphics trump Command's 1970s vintage. CMANO is the ultimate Harpoon successor (and has just about everything beat in terms of realism and complexity) but some of the stuff you'd watch in Fleet Command is simply too good not to see.

Picture a Ticonderoga CG under missile attack, still launcher SM-2s like mad as the Phalanx guns come to life and start spitting out a wall of lead. There's something to be said about seeing something like that recreated with CW level graphics. I like command but watching shapes and icons converge on a map screen is just not the same.
Who need graphics when you started on Grey Sea Grey Sky that's all text and they give you a paper X,Y plot and a bunch of cardboard counter to plot on.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote