SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-19, 09:04 AM   #4021
neocrife
Watch

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Any GWX user who wants to use Stiebler's work should really get the GWX file under his name at this site. Second file from the top. Password, "Woelfe".

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/sharing/MtAJLwchp

It has all the file editing already done.

Thanks to help me for instructions. But I still doubt about the file you are talking about. About the "GWX For..." Which file ? I'm going to the list, => stiebler and i have many files on the list. I dont have any "GWX For...".

Oh nevermind you edited your post
neocrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 09:13 AM   #4022
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocrife View Post
Thanks to help me for instructions. But I still doubt about the file you are talking about. About the "GWX For..." Which file ? I'm going to the list, => stiebler and i have many files on the list. I dont have any "GWX For...".

Oh nevermind you edited your post
Sorry about that; to many words to remember !
Old 05-06-19, 09:20 AM   #4023
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Here you go, sounds like you've already done some of this but here's the steps anyway. It can be confusing, hang in there.

Hsie patch only instructions:

1. Copy your patched to v1.4 sh3.exe into Hsie's patch folder. Run his patch. If you're only going to use the Hsie patch, run the options selector in his folder and choose your options.
If you're also going to use Stiebler's patch, do not use the option selector in the Hsie folder. You will use the option selector in Stiebler's folder instead.

2. If you're only going to use the Hsie patch, place your Hsie patched sh3.exe into the "Supplement to......" folder in his patch folder. You will have to extract the "Supplement to...." folder first as it comes compressed in a .7z file, in Hsie's patch folder.

3. Then, copy the "Supplement to....." folder containing your Hsie patched sh3.exe and the "O2" folder in Hsie's patch folder into your game's mods folder and enable. Do the "02" folder last, as it needs to overwrite files in the "Supplement to...." folder.
Best to make them the last mods you enable. You are now ready to play SH3 with Hsie's patch.
At the main menu, it should say his patch number in the lower right corner.

Both Hsie and Stiebler patches in GWX used instructions:

1. Copy your patched to v1.4 sh3.exe into Hsie's patch folder. Run his patch. DO NOT use the option selector in Hsie's folder.

2. Copy your Hsie patched sh3.exe into Stiebler's patch folder.

3. Patch your sh3.exe with his patch.

4. Run the options selector in Stiebler's folder and choose what you want.

5. Copy your now Hsie/Stiebler patched sh3.exe into the "GWX Stiebler......" folder I gave you the link for. This file already has all the necessary files placed and edited where they need to be for GWX. It takes the place of you having to do the editing, etc. yourself for GWX.

5. Place both the Hsie "Supplement to....." folder from the Hsie patch folder and the "GWX Stiebler...." Stiebler folder (this folder should contain your sh3.exe) into your sh3 mods folder and enable both. Hsie first. Both mods preferably the last mods you enable.
You are now ready to play sh3 with both the Hsie and Stiebler patches applied.
I choose the 2ndd : both.

Did what you said, and seems to be :

[DEPENDANCIES]

Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)="GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1"
GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1="O2-Gauges v2"

[MODS]

GWX - 16km Atmosphere=1
GWX - No Medals on Crew=2
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)=3
GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1=4
O2-Gauges v2=5

The folder " GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1" contain my exe patched.

Did I make things right ?

How can I launch the game ? By the exe on the GWX3_sti... ?
Old 05-06-19, 09:23 AM   #4024
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Sorry about that; to many words to remember !
Don't worry, I have the same feeling
Old 05-06-19, 09:35 AM   #4025
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I choose the 2ndd : both.

Did what you said, and seems to be :

[DEPENDANCIES]

Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)="GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1"
GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1="O2-Gauges v2"

[MODS]

GWX - 16km Atmosphere=1
GWX - No Medals on Crew=2
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)=3
GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1=4
O2-Gauges v2=5

The folder " GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1" contain my exe patched.

Did I make things right ?

How can I launch the game ? By the exe on the GWX3_sti... ?
Looks good ! Give it a try ! You should be able to start the game by the sh3.exe in the game folder, as the sh3.exe in the GWX3 Stiebler folder replaces it when that folder is enabled in your mods.
Old 05-06-19, 10:08 AM   #4026
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Looks good ! Give it a try ! You should be able to start the game by the sh3.exe in the game folder, as the sh3.exe in the GWX3 Stiebler folder replaces it when that folder is enabled in your mods.
Good news, have wolpack working, menu is 1.6b1. Got some buttons like "surrender uboat".

Seems to work. Thanks, hope that can help others people to install it ! Thanks a lot !

Have some news questions :

- When I want to change something with the Hsie option selector (repair time, surrender...), it update which .exe ? I must c/paste the .exe from the folder, to the folder GWX3 Stiebler folder to update ?

- If I want to make MEP V6 working, I need to update "the AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 patch and MEP v6" but where do I put the AI_Sensors_GWX.dat ? By put the folder on JSMGE and enable it ?

- How about to put a 1920x1080 GUI ? How to make something working without rewriting things and start bugging the whole installation ?

And about the 02 gaugeV2 , dont know if it working. How to check it ?
Old 05-06-19, 11:02 AM   #4027
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Good news, have wolpack working, menu is 1.6b1. Got some buttons like "surrender uboat".

Seems to work. Thanks, hope that can help others people to install it ! Thanks a lot !

Have some news questions :

- When I want to change something with the Hsie option selector (repair time, surrender...), it update which .exe ? I must c/paste the .exe from the folder, to the folder GWX3 Stiebler folder to update ?

- If I want to make MEP V6 working, I need to update "the AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 patch and MEP v6" but where do I put the AI_Sensors_GWX.dat ? By put the folder on JSMGE and enable it ?

- How about to put a 1920x1080 GUI ? How to make something working without rewriting things and start bugging the whole installation ?

And about the 02 gaugeV2 , dont know if it working. How to check it ?
Great, good job ! Yes, the Stiebler patch and files add a surrender and request new orders option, among other good things.
Look at the readme file in his patch folder for details. Basically makes SH3 as close to AOD as you're going to get.

Questions answers:

- if you want to change the options you select, just copy the .exe from the GWX Stiebler folder back into the Stiebler patch folder (if it isn't still there), run the options selector and choose what you want or don't want, then copy this changed .exe file back into your GWX Stiebler folder.
I don't know if it's necessary, but it might be best to remove the GWX Stiebler folder from your mod list first, then do the above, then re-enable the GWX Stiebler folder again.
I don't know if a new .exe version placed into the folder would work without this step or not.
Guess you could try.

- any AI_sensors.dat file would go in your SH3/data/library path, of your main game install. You can place it there manually or via JSGME.
But to work, any new such file has to be named AI_sensors.dat. I.e, in your AI_Sensors_GWX.dat example, that file would have to be renamed AI_Sensors.dat and then placed in the location mentioned above.

- I have an old laptop where the NYGM 16k environment is the max it can handle, so sorry, I don't know much about wide screen or other environmental mods as I don't use them.

- Missed this earlier; your CO2 gauge should now read 02 instead. There is also an oxygen test you can do for the Hsie patch. See his readme for details.
Old 05-06-19, 12:23 PM   #4028
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Great, good job ! Yes, the Stiebler patch and files add a surrender and request new orders option, among other good things.
Look at the readme file in his patch folder for details. Basically makes SH3 as close to AOD as you're going to get.

Questions answers:

- if you want to change the options you select, just copy the .exe from the GWX Stiebler folder back into the Stiebler patch folder (if it isn't still there), run the options selector and choose what you want or don't want, then copy this changed .exe file back into your GWX Stiebler folder.
I don't know if it's necessary, but it might be best to remove the GWX Stiebler folder from your mod list first, then do the above, then re-enable the GWX Stiebler folder again.
I don't know if a new .exe version placed into the folder would work without this step or not.
Guess you could try.

- any AI_sensors.dat file would go in your SH3/data/library path, of your main game install. You can place it there manually or via JSGME.
But to work, any new such file has to be named AI_sensors.dat. I.e, in your AI_Sensors_GWX.dat example, that file would have to be renamed AI_Sensors.dat and then placed in the location mentioned above.

- I have an old laptop where the NYGM 16k environment is the max it can handle, so sorry, I don't know much about wide screen or other environmental mods as I don't use them.

- Missed this earlier; your CO2 gauge should now read 02 instead. There is also an oxygen test you can do for the Hsie patch. See his readme for details.
Thanks for your help again.

I checked for some features like Stiebler fix for Radar on Turms but I dont find any modified conning towers (turms) files in my installation. Do I need to add it manualy ? Thought that everything needed was in the folder. Maybe I'm wrong. I didnt have any CTD but I enable the whole fix of the Hsie selector. Dont see any Fumo outside.

And really need a tips for 1920x1080 SH3 GWX V16B1 Stiebler if you can help me guys
Old 05-06-19, 12:43 PM   #4029
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for your help again.

I checked for some features like Stiebler fix for Radar on Turms but I dont find any modified conning towers (turms) files in my installation. Do I need to add it manualy ? Thought that everything needed was in the folder. Maybe I'm wrong. I didnt have any CTD but I enable the whole fix of the Hsie selector. Dont see any Fumo outside.

And really need a tips for 1920x1080 SH3 GWX V16B1 Stiebler if you can help me guys
I've not bothered with the turms, but there is a folder in the standard Stiebler patch folder that has the files needed. The standard Stiebler patch folder, not the GWX Stiebler one.
See his readme about them. Not sure why, but they're not included in either the NYGM or GWX files.
You would have to add them yourself.
Old 05-06-19, 01:09 PM   #4030
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
I've not bothered with the turms, but there is a folder in the standard Stiebler patch folder that has the files needed. The standard Stiebler patch folder, not the GWX Stiebler one.
See his readme about them. Not sure why, but they're not included in either the NYGM or GWX files.
You would have to add them yourself.
Yes, seems like. I should disable it on the hsie selector then.
Old 05-06-19, 01:12 PM   #4031
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Yes, seems like. I should disable it on the hsie selector then.
Yes, if you don't want to use them. Since I've never installed them, no idea how it works.
Old 05-06-19, 01:37 PM   #4032
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Yes, if you don't want to use them. Since I've never installed them, no idea how it works.
As others stuff like Air Torpedo or Cam Ship mod. Too much things to replace and I dont want to take more risk. Game is fine here

I just really need that goddamn GUI 1080p and be sure that I'm not making mistake to rewrite things in wrong order and create new bugs.
Old 05-06-19, 02:00 PM   #4033
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
As others stuff like Air Torpedo or Cam Ship mod. Too much things to replace and I dont want to take more risk. Game is fine here

I just really need that goddamn GUI 1080p and be sure that I'm not making mistake to rewrite things in wrong order and create new bugs.
The air torpedo, etc. may be part of the GWX Stiebler, you'd have to look at the files in that folder. I can't remember.
They are part of the NYGM files.
Old 12-29-19, 02:11 PM   #4034
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36

"Additional Notes:
4) The patcher will remove the copy protection of your sh3.exe. Since this is not legal, you must not use this patcher if you have a copy-protected version."

Are problems with the steam version or the Uplay version or are they 100% compatible?
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 02:28 PM   #4035
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36

I installed SH3 Uplay version, I installed gwx, I installedGWX Hardcode Fixes V16B1 for dummies (with replace the origial files when unziped), I activate the 2 mods and another gwx mods via JSGME + I run compatibility with win 7 and administrator optin activated and the result: it is not compatible with x64 Windows, a message from Windows...
I found this patch trying to find the 4GB GWX compatible patch!
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote