SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-19, 08:07 AM   #1
yardmaster
Watch

Downloads: 218
Uploads: 0
Default Trying NYGM

I recently returned to my favorite computer game after a long illness. I am trying out the NYGM mega mod. I also have Grey Wolves installed on my computer. I notice that other ships do no not appear on map. I assume this is by design to make the mod more difficult. I have also noticed that some of the ships reported by the watch officer are not visible in the UZO. Is this by design?
yardmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 11:29 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

NYGM isn't my cup of tea, but for realism of gameplay it's reputed to be the best you can get.

I'm pretty sure that ships not automatically appearing on the chart is indeed a function of that mod. In real life they couldn't mark something down unless the captain or 1WO told them exactly where to put it.

As for sighted ships not appearing in the UZO, I believe that's a problem with the game. The Watch Officer might report something at its absolute maximum range, and when you look it has slipped just out of that range. I use GWX with a 20-km sighting mod and get exactly the same thing. It's likely something the Devs didn't think of and there's no real way to fix it.
Old 02-04-19, 03:16 PM   #3
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

There is a mod for NYGM that fixes the ships being spotted on the horizon I jut can’t remember the name. I’ll post my mod soup to help.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 03:28 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\myUboat\SilentHunterIII\MODS]

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Harbor Traffic Add-In
M.E.P v5
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v5
Optional - Stock Reflections for MEP v5
1500 meter bearing overlay
Single Merchant Contact Mod
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final - FILES for NYGM v3.6D
Color Dials with Dark Compass
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Lighthouses and Entrance Points for NYGM3.6F beta
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
Fubars harbor personnel
Das Boot Clothes
Bearded faces
RL_E v2 standard
RealDC_4
SHIV U-Boat Missions-Flaggen für SHIII
TheDarkWraith_Ejecting_Pilot(s)_v2_0_SH3
Real Depth Charge
Thomsen's WhispeRING RING mod
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
TheRealPing
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vStock
Optional O2-Gauges v2 (for V16B1)
Aces' Radio Room Postcards
depth charge explosions and fire light
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Optional - FSF for MEP v5
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation(noEagle)
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation2(noEagle)
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)
FixAllSubGWX
Stiebler_EnvSim
M.E.P v5 - VisualSensors for NYGM 3.6D
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)

I use MEP5 Which is a phenomenal mod. With it is the MEP visual sensors for NYGM that fixed the crew seeing ships out of your visual range.. I remember having the same issue you did with just NYGM and no other mods, and this fixed it.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 03:41 PM   #5
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Default NYGM

I've been playing SHIII off and on for several years. I just loaded it up again a few months ago. Usually I use Magui (Widescreen) over GWX and can set it up the way I like. Not so much with NYGM. Somewhat more complicated than the other Super Mods I've tried. Some of the patches that come with NYGM can be a little difficult to understand and load correctly. It took me 3 attempts to get it to work right after I did the patches, which I opted out after my 3rd re-install. It's working now. There is a lot of things in NYGM I really like, however, for some reason I cannot get the other GUI items to load. Not sure why. In NYGM, I cannot get the data to formulate distance for example. The watch Officer will give me bearing, but not distance. Kinda need that to plot a course for torpedo attack.

Don't get me wrong...I like NYGM (especially widescreen), it's just not really for me. I still have it loaded and will give it a chance for awhile. One good thing I did try and may do again is, load Magui over NYGM. I can have the best of 2 worlds sort of speak.

I hear WAC is outstanding, but alas, my vid card would get a hernia. I'll likely need to upgrade for that.

comet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 07:35 PM   #6
yardmaster
Watch

Downloads: 218

Thanks!
yardmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 03:08 AM   #7
glaude
Mate

Downloads: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post
.../... In NYGM, I cannot get the data to formulate distance for example. The watch Officer will give me bearing, but not distance. Kinda need that to plot a course for torpedo attack.
Hello comet61
I do not have NYGM but the problem can be solved I think by modifying your en_menu.txt in Data / Menu (if you play in English otherwise the de_menu.txt (German) or fr_menu.txt (French)
Open this file with Notepad (for exemple)
This is at the line
4616 = Nearest visual contact at bearing% 03.0f, range% .0f meters!
Hope this help
Yves
glaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 04:06 AM   #8
comet61
Sparky

Default NYGM

Thank you, will give it a try.

Quote:
Hello comet61
I do not have NYGM but the problem can be solved I think by modifying your en_menu.txt in Data / Menu (if you play in English otherwise the de_menu.txt (German) or fr_menu.txt (French)
Open this file with Notepad (for exemple)
This is at the line
4616 = Nearest visual contact at bearing% 03.0f, range% .0f meters!
Hope this help
Yves

Old 02-06-19, 08:14 PM   #9
jakethescot
Engineer

Downloads: 904

The reason I like NYGM is that it's hard. That's what makes this mod so fun. Once you get pinged, you could be in a game of cat and mouse for a few hours. I can imagine how a real u-boat crew must have felt - barely daring to breath, waiting for that one depth charge. My advice is to not go half-stepping.
Have fun and enjoy. 😀
Old 02-07-19, 03:49 PM   #10
comet61
Sparky

Default NYGM Map Tools

Still using NYGM....and yes, it is hard, but hanging in there with moderate success. However, the one thing that irks me the most is the NAV Map. Every time my mouse cursor rolls over the edge of the map, the map moves. If I have to grab a MAP tool or move my mouse over to the edge for something...it moves and I have to move it back. Don't like that feature much at all. Maybe there is a way to edit a file to make that stop. Just wondering.

Old 02-07-19, 06:06 PM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Reece did a post a bit ago ( )

Fix's to NavMap - Scrolling

There was a post somewhere about it being done in SH3, but I can't find that one. The differences should only be in the Section headings. In my SH3, you would use [G31 I16] thru [G31 I19] instead of the SH4 headings. All you change is the "ParentID=" lines from each of the sections from "0x31000000" to "0x3F000000". Don't mess with the "[G3F I138]" screen titles, unless you do some investigating and are sure of what you're doing. Same with the "no scrolling" stuff. Be sure of what you're changing.

Now, with that said, I have no idea what, if any, changes that NYGM made to the menu_1024_768.ini file, so look to see what section is associated with the GF000000 address in the file ("Page Layout") - it should be the same, but might not. The 0x31000000 is "Page navigation map". Most of the 'mega' mods have an edited "menu_1024_768.ini" file, so you have to use the NYGM version of the file. A really big thing is to copy the file "menu_1024_768.ini" to something like a folder structure of "\MODS \NoNavMapScroll \Data \Menu \", which would then make it a mini-mod that you can test with JSGME.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 12:25 AM   #12
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Reece did a post a bit ago ( )

Fix's to NavMap - Scrolling

There was a post somewhere about it being done in SH3, but I can't find that one. The differences should only be in the Section headings. In my SH3, you would use [G31 I16] thru [G31 I19] instead of the SH4 headings. All you change is the "ParentID=" lines from each of the sections from "0x31000000" to "0x3F000000". Don't mess with the "[G3F I138]" screen titles, unless you do some investigating and are sure of what you're doing. Same with the "no scrolling" stuff. Be sure of what you're changing.

Now, with that said, I have no idea what, if any, changes that NYGM made to the menu_1024_768.ini file, so look to see what section is associated with the GF000000 address in the file ("Page Layout") - it should be the same, but might not. The 0x31000000 is "Page navigation map". Most of the 'mega' mods have an edited "menu_1024_768.ini" file, so you have to use the NYGM version of the file. A really big thing is to copy the file "menu_1024_768.ini" to something like a folder structure of "\MODS \NoNavMapScroll \Data \Menu \", which would then make it a mini-mod that you can test with JSGME.
Maybe this for SH3
http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost...21&postcount=4
Old 02-08-19, 06:51 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 08:20 AM   #14
hauangua
Grey Wolf