SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-18, 06:43 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default A daring question: (TWoS) - (TWoS Campaign) + (OHII) = Good Stock game?

I have a daring thought.
Let's suppose (which must not be true for me personally) that I am a nostalgic player who wants to play the stock game of SH5 without flaws, the stock campaign without flaws (but with the progress bar), start playing the initial tutorial without flaws...etc all without flaws ... Having all original video sequences back in the game, BUT...

... BUT having all the excellent GUI functionality and sub realism that TWoS offers, which is including all of the NewUIs functionality, the new optics modified handlings, crew order system, automation features etc.

So my question is the same as in the title:
Is it possible to take TWoS, to remove its modified Campaign, then to simply add Open Horizons II in order to get TWoS but with the stock campaign and its playing style?

This is a daring question, I know, because it seems that I am dismissing the big and fine work that people have put in TWoS, but that's not true...Don't forget: I like TWoS, but I'm also (supposed) to be nostalgic so I want to know what Ubisoft has delivered out of the box so to speak.

Thanks to tell me if this is doable for pure private usage. Thank you!
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 08:19 AM   #2
Santini
Medic

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 1

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OHII the foundation of the TWoS campaign?
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 09:53 AM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post

No, not exactly. OHII is just part of TWoS like any other mod such as TDW NewUIs 7.5.0 which makes 'revolutionary' changes but these are mods on their own. It's possible to install OH2 on its own (it's adviced to install it last). In fact, in the OH2 description there is no single word about TWoS.

The foundation of TWoS in relation to OHII is that the Progress Bar system has been taken out of the campaign which doesn't play like stock any more, and then there is the 'realism' aspect that is much too cured compared to stock IMO.
Old 07-17-18, 10:55 AM   #4
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

I belive you can change your settings to a lower difficulty and get what you are asking

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 10:58 AM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_AJ View Post
I belive you can change your settings to a lower difficulty and get what you are asking

Yes of course I can, but that's not what I want, I'd like to play the stock campaign + OH2 with all its add-ons, but without the changes in the gameplay mechanics which means: Tutorial at start, video sequences like in the stock game, campaign playing out like in the stock game.

I get very close with the setup here below, but I'm still hardly missing these 2 functions: First, good immersive sound speech from the crew like in Stormy's DBSM mod (doesn't fully work in the setup below because if I order Battlestations no voices or speeches are played); and second if possible, same crew commands than in TWoS (same crew abilities which start with 'Battlestations Level 2' etc.)

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\SilentHunter5\MODS]

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_FIX_Destroyed_Ship_ Marks
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Sjizzles_Charts for NewUIs from TWoS
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
Torpedo Circle FIX
No_Damn_Bubbles_No_Damn_Halo_Mod_ADJUSTED
Accurate German Flags
DeckGun Friendly Waves
Shooting Range - Single mission
Automation Scripts for Stock Game
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_FIX_Message_English_XOTDC_Auto_Ma nual_TDC
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod_ADAPTED <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Doesn't work with 'Battlestations command' wrong crew commands
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Doesn't work with 'Battlestations command', wrong crew commands
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_OFEV_Personal_Settings

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-17-18 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-17-18, 11:19 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Of course it is, plus large number of improvements and fixes...
You can check log file history for more...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 11:28 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Of course it is, plus large number of improvements and fixes...
You can check log file history for more...

You are right of course, and this doesn't contradict what I said above, YOU have made a lot of work and improvements, it's enough to read your Spoiler section in the TWoS thread.
Btw, this spoiler section is not listed alphabetically. Does this spoiler mainly reflect the exact mod order for TWoS?

Thanks to reveal that!
Old 07-17-18, 11:34 AM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Does this spoiler mainly reflect the exact mod order for TWoS?

Thanks to reveal that!
It should, but again, I created that list of "starting" mods long time ago...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 01:54 PM   #9
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

I think I'm much closer to answer my question above than ever before.

The simple method to play the stock campaign can simply be to install TWoS and then replace all the files from a good stock game setup that will revert to original OH2 campaign. The files to replace come from this mod:

OHII v2.5 - No Stupid Tonnage Bar_Free Style Campaign

After the replacement the campaign should play out like in stock for those 'nostalgics' I have mentioned.

First, thanks all of you for your patience in reading all this, I appreciate all your feedbacks
Now, just 2 final questions:

- In TWoS, is it possible to make it so to play the Tutorial of the stock game or at least the video sequence of it + an adjusted player guidance?

- In TWoS, is it possible to re-introduce bunker video sequences from the stock game (like the one at the end of the tutorial after docking)?

Thanks,
Old 07-17-18, 04:32 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi XS

Quote:
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod_ADAPTED <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Doesn't work with 'Battlestations command' wrong crew commands
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Doesn't work with 'Battlestations command', wrong crew commands
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_OFEV_Personal_Settings
Post #432 Keyboard Changes Needed In The Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) with Church's or Stormys SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands 1.1 Mod > Pictorial

With regards to how you want to play your game as in your Post #5 is totally achievable, all you need is a cracked Sh5.exe and it will all work 100%.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 06:41 PM   #11
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Hi Peter,
thanks, your response about the keyboard setups is very helpful to improve my above JSGME modlist.

I have tested the procedure in my last post above (#5), I have made sort of 'backward modding' by looking at all folders that OH2 is changing , then replacing all content of TWoS with the main data folders from my modlist setup above. It starts the game, but a simple test with a single mission shows that Visual C++ errors will soon crash the game.

As a consequence, I will dismiss the idea of post #5 , instead I'll work in improving and fixing my modlist above. I'm almost at a perfect working state there, especially if I can implement Church's or Stormy's keyboard setups.

All this is very time-consuming and nerve-wrecking, so I need a little vacation from SH games soon

Cheers,