SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-08, 09:33 AM   #31
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default opnening tube x

i have a new problem: i cant open my tubes except for tube one, though i said him "i have 5 tubes" before starting my mission. i can change to the other tubes, but it doesnt open them. any ideas?

greetz, Jaeger
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:46 AM   #32
CRM114
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger
i have a new problem: i cant open my tubes except for tube one, though i said him "i have 5 tubes" before starting my mission. i can change to the other tubes, but it doesnt open them. any ideas?

greetz, Jaeger

I just remembered that I had this exact problem the other night in my Type IX: I setup my six tubes, even reset them and tried again, but the only tube door that I could open was 1. I could select any tube with little difficulty, but I had to go to the conning tower and open the tubes manually.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 02:58 PM   #33
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Default tubes

Tomcat, I think someone else reported something similar in the SH4Speech thread.

This *may* have to do with there being some hardcoded commands that assume two specific keyboard characters for open/close/cycle tube.

Try making sure the keys for those commands match whatever keys SH4 uses in your various config files, that might do the trick.
Old 03-07-08, 07:48 PM   #34
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Default Will Look Into Tube Issues

Re: Tube issue - I will troubleshoot with Minsc_tdp. There are differences between the keystrokes in SH4 and SH3 for the tube commands. I will try adapting SH3Speech keystrokes to match SH4Speech keystrokes for tubes, and test to see if this solves the problem.
R/
TC2

Last edited by Tomcattwo; 03-07-08 at 07:59 PM.
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 08:08 PM   #35
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

The only problem I've had with this mod so far is that every time I order something with a number in it (IE Make your speed three knots..etc..), it recognizes it but it doesn't find the coresponding command, errors and doesn't execute the command.

I'm using GWX2 and the GWX2 bat file. My mic is configured properly and works with all the regular word orders that I've tried. It's only things with numbers in them that it seems to have a problem with.
Old 03-07-08, 08:18 PM   #36
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Reply

Blacklight, if you are using the press-to-talk key method, make sure you are holding down the key long enough for the program to recognize the command. Try holding the key just a wee bit longer and see if this helps. It takes the program a fraction of a second to recognize the difference between "Make turns for 3 knots" and "Make turns for 5 knots"

Also, there is no command for "Make your speed 3 knots" (though you could add those commands if it's something you like to say that way). The standard command for this order is "Make turns for 3 knots" or "Maneuvering make turns for 3 knots." (see p. 8 in the IKH).

R/
TC2
Old 03-07-08, 08:56 PM   #37
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Quote:
Also, there is no command for "Make your speed 3 knots" (though you could add those commands if it's something you like to say that way). The standard command for this order is "Make turns for 3 knots" or "Maneuvering make turns for 3 knots." (see p. 8 in the IKH).
You know what ? I was reading the Voice Command reference that was in the documentation folder and it says "Make your speed 24 knots (1-24)" Is this just for SHIV then ?

I saw the name of the manual and assumed it was in German so I didn't look at it.

I'm printing it out now.
Old 03-07-08, 10:16 PM   #38
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Reply

Blacklight, yes. The Innenkommunikationen Handbuch (IKH) is the reference you should be using for SH3Speech commands for Silent Hunter 3. The Reference Card in the SH3Speech\docs folder is for SH4. I should have explained that better. Use the IKH for SH3 and you'll be OK

Also, for all, I am troubleshooting the tube issue and hope to have an update fix out by the end of the weekend. SH3 has a strange phenomenon when using the "Cycle Tubes" command. If the tube you are on when you give this command by keypress is OPEN, SH3 SHUTS the open tube and then cycles to your next tube. You can watch this behavior in external view. If the tube you are on is closed when you press the cycle tubes command keypress, it just proceeds to the next tube as expected, leaving the one you were on shut (as it should be). I dunno why it does this but it does it in both GWX and "Stock" unadulterated (except by patch 1.4b) SH3. This complicates the mechanism we use to control tubes in SHSpeech, so I will have to work with minsc to come up with a fix that works properly. We'll solve it I'll be doing some more tube command experiments tomorrow (if I am not down hard with the flu).

R/
TC2
Old 03-08-08, 09:46 AM   #39
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Tubes

Did some more testing on the tube behaviors in SH3. I found out that whenever a keypress order to cycle tubes or select tubes using keypress commands is given, if the tube you were on when the keypress is given was open, SH3 SHUTS THE DOOR on that tube, and then advances to the next (or selected tube). This is undesirable behavior, because the user didn't order the tube to be closed, (s)he just wanted to get to the next (or selected) tube. This appears to be the standard behavior coded into SH3 itself, since this is how it operates in just plain stock SH3 with patch 1.4b with no mods added as well as in GWX.

However, if you select tubes by using the mouse to click on the tube lamps in the TDC screen in order to select the tube you want, this unwanted behavior is NOT exhibited. What this means is, by doing the selection via SH3Speech order by mouse movement in the TDC screen instead of keypress input, we can avoid this unwanted tube closure behavior, allowing us to, for instance, have all four forward tubes open at once, ready for firing into a convoy. This is a critical tactical necessity. For GWX, the only place you can mouse-select tubes is in the TDC screen. Addendum: In OLC GUI, the same unwanted tube closing occurs even if tubes are mouse-selected in the periscope or UZO screens. However, if the tubes are mouse-selcted in the TDC screen, the unwanted behavior is not there. So this is turning out to be a tougher nut to crack than I first expected (isn't it always that way??)

Still working on it.

R/
TC2

Last edited by Tomcattwo; 03-08-08 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-08-08, 10:19 AM   #40
CRM114
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Thanks, Tomcat! This is a great mod.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 04:37 AM   #41
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

I've just bought myself a mike and have downloaded SAPI and SH3Speech and look forward to trying it! I also want to get on TeamSpeak so I can chat with you lot and get some MP time.

Cheers for the great work!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 09:08 PM   #42
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Update Status

All,
Was down hard with the flu last couple of days. Tube fix is done. Added/fixed over 60 German commands (thanks Jaeger!) and added a few new ones. IKH update and FAQ update is done. Will complete testing and release V1.01 on 12 March.
R/
TC2
Old 03-12-08, 02:54 PM   #43
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Ver 1.01 update

Version 1.01 update released 12 March 08 2000Z, on page 1:

SH3Speech V1.01

Enjoy!
R/
TC2
Old 03-12-08, 03:07 PM   #44
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Even more superbness!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-08, 03:50 PM   #45
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

After we remove it from JSGME, do we install over the older version or do we un install it then reinstall the newer version?