SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-04-14, 03:47 AM   #991
jimmyjam25
Soundman

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

I was just wondering if you have a rough idea when it will be ready? Sorry if you get asked this all the time.
jimmyjam25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 10:36 AM   #992
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

IIRC, a great teamleader said: "It's ready when it's ready" (copyrights by Kpt.Lehmann). The LSH3-Team will do its best to release the new version as soon as possible. I'm absolutly sure that this will happen as soon as possible - no doubts.

But it takes some time to do it in the best way for all custumer. And that's what all user want to have - a stable running system with a great mod. The mod is on its way to the final destination - to be perfect (o.k., nobody is perfect, but to try it is is a good philosophy to give the user a well running mod).

So please be patient. It will come. No joke, no fake, it will come.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 05-10-14, 07:36 PM   #993
Dave T
Nub

Downloads: 0
Help please! Saved games won't load.

Hi guys, I'm running LSH v5.1. PC specs (yes, 'tis an old one):-
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz, 2.50GB RAM.
LSH V5.1 runs fine on first patrol, BUT, all the saved games, whether in port after patrol or saved during a patrol, fail to load.
Can anyone suggest a solution or is it just because my machine is old? If that's the case, why does it run the game fine?
I can't get the 4GB patch to run either.
Help!
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 08:31 PM   #994
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard

Dave T! Hang tough; tech help should arrive shortly.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 03:22 AM   #995
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Dave T if its run finde your pc isnt to old. What error message to you get when ubtry loading a savegame, are u using sh3 commander?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 05:26 AM   #996
Paulebaer1979
Planesman

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
Hi guys, I'm running LSH v5.1. PC specs (yes, 'tis an old one):-
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz, 2.50GB RAM.
This is not a fast rig - but fast enough for SH3 with LSH5.1
Quote:
LSH V5.1 runs fine on first patrol, BUT, all the saved games, whether in port after patrol or saved during a patrol, fail to load.
Did you change anything for the first patrol? Crew, equipment, boat? That could be the reason for this. Change nothing before you´re back in home port after first patrol!
Quote:
Can anyone suggest a solution or is it just because my machine is old? If that's the case, why does it run the game fine?
Your rig isn´t to slow for this mod. Don´t install SH3 in C:/Program files/... and follow the rules given in the readme.
Quote:
I can't get the 4GB patch to run either.
The 4GB-Patch is necessary for the game. Why you can´t install it? You can try out the h.sie-fix and enable the 4GB-Patch there.

Checklist:
- Game installed in any other folder than c:/program files/...
- Game updated to 1.4 (depending on your version)
- 4GB-Patch activated (from LSH5.1 or h.sie) and the bc-edit order (readme), too
- First _LSH_V5 activated, than _LSH_V5.1
- No change befor first patrol ended in home port

If all those things are checked, the game should run fine.
Paulebaer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 05:33 AM   #997
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Dave

It sounds like you have a conflict within an additional installed mod but a list of precisely what you have installed may serve in finding a solution to your problem.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 05:17 PM   #998
Dave T
Nub

Many thanks for the replies guys! Most appreciated.
I've managed now to start a 2nd patrol (after one failed load) and a saved in-game worked too. Fingers crossed for tonight! I can't go back to vanilla SH3 because this mod is just SO good!

The error message received was a standard Windows XP 'Silent Hunter 3 has experienced a problem and needs to close' box. Black screen.

I increased my virtual memory and increased the space on me olde hard drive. All the other check list things as noted by Paulebaer1979 are already done. The only mods running are -
_LSH3_V5
_LSH3_V5.1
_LSH3_V5.1 Rotating DF antenna
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Spezialeffekte-Mittel

Regarding the 4GB patch, I try to run it (from the in game _LSH3_V5.1_TOOLS folder). First up comes the 'Select Executable...' box, and when I double-click the application I get the error message "Couldn't Open Executable!". Right clicking and selecting 'Run As' merely seems to open a duplicate 'Select Executable...' box. What am I doing wrong here?
PS. Not sure what the h.sie-fix is?
Old 05-12-14, 08:25 AM   #999
Paulebaer1979
Planesman

Downloads: 30

Quote:
I increased my virtual memory and increased the space on me olde hard drive. All the other check list things as noted by Paulebaer1979 are already done. The only mods running are -
_LSH3_V5
_LSH3_V5.1
_LSH3_V5.1 Rotating DF antenna
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Spezialeffekte-Mittel
That´s a correct list. Should work without problems.
Quote:
Regarding the 4GB patch, I try to run it (from the in game _LSH3_V5.1_TOOLS folder). First up comes the 'Select Executable...' box, and when I double-click the application I get the error message "Couldn't Open Executable!".
Sounds like non writing rights in the folder. Please use right mouseclick, choose "info" and change the owner to "all with full rights" for your sh3.exe Than try again with the tool to patch the exe.

h.sie is a mod wich overs more functions (refresh fuel at sea, send officer to bridge after surfacing and other things). Not necessary for sh3 but improves the simulation.
Paulebaer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 11:59 AM   #1000
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Well as Paulebaer1979 said the 4GB-Patch is absolutely necessary!

Some mounts ago made a fix for LSH3_v5.1 working with h.sie 16B1, offered for some BETA-Testers, bat there was nearly no reply.

If the interest is big enough I will try to find a place on our ftp and load it up. BUT BE AWARE - it is a BETA!!!

Regards
Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 02:53 PM   #1001
Dave T
Nub

Default 4GB patch help still needed

[QUOTE=Paulebaer1979;2206339]That´s a correct list. Should work without problems.

Sounds like non writing rights in the folder. Please use right mouseclick, choose "info" and change the owner to "all with full rights" for your sh3.exe Than try again with the tool to patch the exe.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Thanks Paulebaer1979, but I still can't get it to work. Right click which folder? And there's no 'info' only 'properties'? I am already selected as the admin/only user for the sh3.exe shortcut? Any advice appreciated.
On the plus side, the game worked fine the other night, saved games and all...
Old 06-01-14, 02:52 PM   #1002
Dave T
Nub

Thanks to all!

Despite still not getting the 4GB patch to work, my game is now running smoothly and all is OK! Must have been a change I made on the 1st patrol somehow.
So, all's well that ends well and thanks to everyone who helped. LSH rules!
Old 06-01-14, 06:10 PM   #1003
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome “Dave T“ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH4 - SH5 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 01:22 PM   #1004
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Despite still not getting the 4GB patch to work, my game is now running smoothly and all is OK! Must have been a change I made on the 1st patrol somehow.
So, all's well that ends well and thanks to everyone who helped. LSH rules!
The 4gb patch is for 64 bit pcs running 32bit programs (so they can use more of your systems ram, 4gb to be percise ). Despite what is being stated here. With only 2,5 gb of ram there is nothing to gain from using it. It might on a 32bit rig that have 4gb (but of course can't access all of it), to use all the memory it got. But your 32bit windows can already use all the ram you got for it's exes. You would at least need to upgrade to 4gb of ram, I would suggest switching to 64bit though and getting some (I guess ddr2) ram from ebay. 8gb should cost you about 80€ there.
On your system though, no it won't help... Sorry buddy
Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:44 AM   #1005
Rangoon
A-ganger

Downloads: 16

Is there anything more recent on v6 than I think an April post saying release would have been possibly a couple weeks out? I'm not in a rush, but patiently awaiting LSHIIIv6 to give this mod a whirl. I have played GWX in the past, but wanted to get back to SH3 with LSH but will wait for v6 unless it's looking like another six months away or more.
Rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote