Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-28-09, 06:10 PM   #211
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Baa.. what kind of enemy are the french... are summer holiday in paris is comein soon ya know...
It's not the French, it's...t-h-e-m...
Old 09-28-09, 06:14 PM   #212
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
It's not the French, it's...t-h-e-m...
Oah yea... t-h-e-m.

oah well... they will fall to the power of are goring carriers, and goring gas...!

I myself am quite happy with are new campaign...

Last edited by Task Force; 09-29-09 at 02:37 PM.
Task Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 05:00 PM   #213
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Unfortuanately i'm not going to be around much for flying at the moment,R/L is taking priority, the timing of the flights and r/l stuff are clashing.It doesn't seem right joining the server and bailing out after 30 or 40 minutes, but i'll try and pop in for a sortie when i've got a bit more time.

btw. excellent aar's going on with the bob2 I got mine reinstalled but for some reason i've still got some of the graphical issues i had before the 2.10 patch. the game should be running cock-on with 2 X nvidia9500gt 1gb cards in sli mode and 8g ram..I still get this damn tearing effect going through the sky

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 05:17 PM   #214
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
Unfortuanately i'm not going to be around much for flying at the moment,R/L is taking priority, the timing of the flights and r/l stuff are clashing.It doesn't seem right joining the server and bailing out after 30 or 40 minutes, but i'll try and pop in for a sortie when i've got a bit more time.

btw. excellent aar's going on with the bob2 I got mine reinstalled but for some reason i've still got some of the graphical issues i had before the 2.10 patch. the game should be running cock-on with 2 X nvidia9500gt 1gb cards in sli mode and 8g ram..I still get this damn tearing effect going through the sky
I'm getting issues with the high level clouds, they occasionally look like they're got grids going through them, but that's something I can live with. I take it you've looked over at Shockwave though?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 06:23 PM   #215
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

@Kratos, no worries mate take care.
glad you like the BoBII AARs
hopefully if you get your own working to your wishes poste'm own reports and screenshots as well if you feel like.

you won't miss much in IL2 as I'm going to have a little break to get things sorted with our campaigns, seems we've run out of them and the last few we tried where binned in less then 10 minutes because it simply wasn't going to work. it's driving me nuts and I dont think others are enjoying it as well.

so what I'm trying to do is to find a series of campaign going from Early War to Later war (in that order) and we play together in one side.
I could give DCG another try (yes, I'm that desperate)
and I figure it has been updated.. (wonder if there is a proper DCG campaign on the proper Battle of Britain map)
DCG would be the easiest solution to play something from Early till Late war. (thought I still guess the Bomber part of DCG is still bogus and makes no sense ''the 3 squadrons of heinkels taking on some flak guns'') so I guess we have to focus on the Fighters and the dive bombers but forget strategic bombing in DCG.

so what say you?

HunterICX
Old 09-29-09, 07:27 PM   #216
Task Force
Rear Admiral

I say... we start over from scratch, and give DCG anouther try. We seemed to be doing better with DCG.

I say we start out with the first campaign, and go to the end... (or atleast till we get our old friend the transfer bug...)

I think we had more fun with the dcg... just my opinion...

even tho we dont like the PTO...
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...details&id=603
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...details&id=587
or the people who know how to use the mission editor could ocationly make some missions to fly... who knows... I think DCG is are best bet...

P.S.
did we ever do the defenders of the Reich campaign...
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3224
(Player)Me109G to K, FW190, Bf110, P51, P47, Mosquito,Spitfire
planes in it...
P.P.S
what happend to are little campaign on monday, that was pretty good I thought... I kind of missed the 109e...

Last edited by Task Force; 09-29-09 at 07:46 PM.
Task Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 05:32 AM   #217
Raptor1
Navy Seal

As I said on Monday, the thing about DCG is that you have to find the good campaigns, not the completely boring (Normandy 41) or the endlessly broken (Leningrad 41) campaigns.

Does the DCG website work for anyone else, BTW?
Old 09-30-09, 05:39 AM   #218
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

at the moment it seems to be sabotaged.

HunterICX
Old 09-30-09, 08:44 AM   #219
Oberon
Lucky Jack

There's an interesting moving dogfight map featuring the Stringbag that I've just been playing. Hunting a wolfpack off the Illustrious. Snag is, it's pitch bloody black dark You can just about make out the periscope trial but since most of the uboats are (wisely) submerged, you have to be pretty accurate where you drop your bombs. Therefore, it's an idea to fly in flights of two, both carrying three 500lb bombs and eight flares. The lead pilot drops the flare for the follow up to bomb with, and then the roles reverse.
Very atmospheric though

But getting back to the thread at hand, yes, I propose we go back to DCG, I think our problem with Normandy was, well, it was the wrong theatre for that era. Not a great deal happened over Normandy in the daytime between 40-44, aside from the odd bomber raid to Germany which is hard to model with just one or two British bombers! So it's a case of scramble, shoot down Blennie or Spit, RTB repeated ad nauseum.
Desert campaigns seem to work well with DCG, as do Eastern front campaigns, although I think we've done them to death.
Old 09-30-09, 09:00 AM   #220
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
There's an interesting moving dogfight map featuring the Stringbag that I've just been playing. Hunting a wolfpack off the Illustrious. Snag is, it's pitch bloody black dark You can just about make out the periscope trial but since most of the uboats are (wisely) submerged, you have to be pretty accurate where you drop your bombs. Therefore, it's an idea to fly in flights of two, both carrying three 500lb bombs and eight flares. The lead pilot drops the flare for the follow up to bomb with, and then the roles reverse.
Very atmospheric though

But getting back to the thread at hand, yes, I propose we go back to DCG, I think our problem with Normandy was, well, it was the wrong theatre for that era. Not a great deal happened over Normandy in the daytime between 40-44, aside from the odd bomber raid to Germany which is hard to model with just one or two British bombers! So it's a case of scramble, shoot down Blennie or Spit, RTB repeated ad nauseum.
Desert campaigns seem to work well with DCG, as do Eastern front campaigns, although I think we've done them to death.
We only did early Eastern Front campaigns, we binned DCG at the start of our rather disastrous Stalingrad '42 campaign.

EDIT: I mean we binned our first DCG grand campaign, the second one after Leningrad 41.
Old 09-30-09, 09:10 AM   #221
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

You could try the Libya or the Mareth Line DCG campaigns. They were pretty nice IIRC.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 09:49 AM   #222
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

I think we do a Grand campaign again starting with the Luftwaffe in 1939 (Poland)

and when things get repeatative we transfer to a different squadron (change the campaign) and transfering the pilot status with us.

HunterICX
Old 09-30-09, 09:53 AM   #223
Raptor1
Navy Seal

I'd rather start in 1943 or 1942, as we did the early war on pretty much all fronts by now.
Old 09-30-09, 01:23 PM   #224
Task Force
Rear Admiral

yea, I say we go dcg... maby when were done, a good campaign will come out.
Old 09-30-09, 02:00 PM   #225
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I'd rather start in 1943 or 1942, as we did the early war on pretty much all fronts by now.
You do have a point, although I do like the early war period, as the Luftwaffe we have already done it about three times.
How about, say '42 in the desert? Mareth line or Libya?