Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 01-08-16, 10:33 PM   #1
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default What is the accepted set of mods for IL-2 1946?

HSFX and what else??

Also, is there a way to get it to work with the Steam version?
Old 01-12-16, 06:37 PM   #2
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

The CUP Mod is the newest one for IL46. Ultra Pack is another one, but CUP is the one everyone is using now. Will work with the Steam version, I have TFM working that way with the Steam version too. But its old compared to CUP, but I still enjoy it. Follow the install instructions to the letter with CUP, shouldn't be a problem if you have modded the sim before.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,47647.0.html

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 03:43 PM   #3
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
The CUP Mod is the newest one for IL46. Ultra Pack is another one, but CUP is the one everyone is using now. Will work with the Steam version, I have TFM working that way with the Steam version too. But its old compared to CUP, but I still enjoy it. Follow the install instructions to the letter with CUP, shouldn't be a problem if you have modded the sim before.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,47647.0.html
So HSFX with CUP??

I installed HSFX and I am getting crashes every time either when I start missions or start the game.
Old 01-16-16, 04:14 PM   #4
eddie
Ocean Warrior

No, CUP by itself. One nice thing about the CUP mod, is that there are 3 (I think parts to it) You have to download and install the main map files, but after that install what you want. If you don't want to install the WWI stuff, skip it. Just want to use the WWII files, then install them. They are called WAW. There is also the Jet War part of it, you can add that in if you want, or skip it too.

Another route to go is the Mod Activator. Install it in the order it is listed here. One of the packages makes the AI planes flyable. You get a boat load of planes to fly plus some other goodies to add in if you want through JS Mod enabler. This stuff goes in a clean install of 4.12.2 From there you can add in planes and maps as you wish.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,37662.0.html

Al Capone
Old 01-16-16, 04:16 PM   #5
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
No, CUP by itself. One nice thing about the CUP mod, is that there are 3 (I think parts to it) You have to download and install the main map files, but after that install what you want. If you don't want to install the WWI stuff, skip it. Just want to use the WWII files, then install them. They are called WAW. There is also the Jet War part of it, you can add that in if you want, or skip it too.

Another route to go is the Mod Activator. Install it in the order it is listed here. One of the packages makes the AI planes flyable. You get a boat load of planes to fly plus some other goodies to add in if you want through JS Mod enabler. This stuff goes in a clean install of 4.12.2 From there you can add in planes and maps as you wish.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,37662.0.html

And it accomplishes around the same improvements that HSFX was meant to do? More planes better flight models etc? I was rocking HSFX and DCG back in the day.
Old 01-18-16, 03:18 AM   #6
eddie
Ocean Warrior

HSFX is good, just not sure why its locking up on you? I have some long load times with TFM, but I have added in quite a bit to it,lol Wouldn't know about better FM's, but if you want to just add in mods, its an easy way to go. I hope you can get it up and running!

Al Capone
Old 02-29-16, 04:09 PM   #7
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
So HSFX with CUP??

I installed HSFX and I am getting crashes every time either when I start missions or start the game.
Hey USNSRCaseySmith
I kept having HSFX 7.0 crash on me (running windows 8)
The solution was to do a manual update to 7.0.3
The Auto updater does not work anymore because the server it is trying to connect to is no longer available
The manual update is available here
http://vfa-41.net/1946_Updates.php

Scroll down until you find the HSFX 7.0 to HSFX 7.0.3download

Solved the problem for me
I am now running HSFX 7.0.3 in Windows 8

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote