Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-30-14, 02:38 PM   #1
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Default Made in China, RC tanks

This is totally cool!

Old 10-31-14, 10:14 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Now mount a .357 on it, then we can play!
Old 11-03-14, 02:05 PM   #3
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

The best motorised tank model I ever had was a Tamiya Centurion. Two motors, one for each track so it could be manoevered like the real thing, with about three forward speeds plus 1 or 2 reverse, I don't remember. Unlike a lot of these motorised plastic models, this one was totally reliable.

Close second would've been the Panther. Of course back when I was a teen building these they weren't radio-controlled but had two long wires coming out the back to a hand-held battery box: naff really.

Then there were countless other motorised tracked models (tanks and other AFVs) which just went unguided over obstacle-courses constructed from books and stuff. Don't know whether they still put motors in these kits...
Eichhörnchen is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 03:53 PM   #4
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27

I think I still have my Tamiya 1/35 Centurion somewhere; painted it as an IDF version (still have its opposition, a T-55 painted in nondescript Arab camouflage, in the garage). Made a fume extractor for the Cent's barrel (it came as a British Army Korea vintage Mk 5 I think) to give it that Yom Kippur War look. Unfortunately my first battery-box Tamiya modal, an RC Tiger I, has long gone.

I now have a Heng Long 1/16 Tiger I, one of the later ones with exhaust smoke and slightly better speed control. Radio controlled and fires airsoft pellets. With its working suspension and detailed tracks it's an impressive beast with considerable heft and presence; much cheaper than the Tamiya 1/16 Tiger, even tho there are some errors to be corrected like the mantlet and pistol port the wrong way around. Videos don't do it justice:

33lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 05:12 PM   #5
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Brilliant narration.

Quote:
This model alone contains approximately 82 separate parts.
Did the one previous have 83 and the one after 81? What bits were missing or added?
Old 11-06-14, 03:36 PM   #6
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33lima View Post
I think I still have my Tamiya 1/35 Centurion somewhere; painted it as an IDF version (still have its opposition, a T-55 painted in nondescript Arab camouflage, in the garage). Made a fume extractor for the Cent's barrel (it came as a British Army Korea vintage Mk 5 I think) to give it that Yom Kippur War look. Unfortunately my first battery-box Tamiya modal, an RC Tiger I, has long gone.

I now have a Heng Long 1/16 Tiger I, one of the later ones with exhaust smoke and slightly better speed control. Radio controlled and fires airsoft pellets. With its working suspension and detailed tracks it's an impressive beast with considerable heft and presence; much cheaper than the Tamiya 1/16 Tiger, even tho there are some errors to be corrected like the mantlet and pistol port the wrong way around. Videos don't do it justice:

I have the Sherman and the Tiger. The airsoft guns aren't very good. I wan't to do an RC tank movie, kinda like this:

or this: