Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 07-26-14, 08:33 PM   #1
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default Panzer Commander Transparent Graphics Fix- Windows XP

I know this is really late to the game, so to speak, but if anyone is trying to run Panzer Commander in Windows XP and runs into the transparent tank bug, the fix is as follows:

Go into DXDIAG and select the "Display" tab.
Disable DirectDraw Acceleration.

When you are done with Panzer Commander, re-enable DirectDraw Acceleration to avoid conflicts with other games.

I do not know how many people still play this game, but I was kind of surprised to not see this fix anywhere, as old as the game is. I figured I would post this for anyone still wanting to work around this problem. I have not observed it in Windows 7.

Old 07-27-14, 07:08 AM   #2
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Thanks for this - I'm on Vista and occasionally get rendering issues with tanks, tho most times it's ok. I've posted a link to your fix over at SimHQ where Worghern was still having what sounded like a similar problem on Win 7.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:24 AM   #3
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33lima View Post
Thanks for this - I'm on Vista and occasionally get rendering issues with tanks, tho most times it's ok. I've posted a link to your fix over at SimHQ where Worghern was still having what sounded like a similar problem on Win 7.
I joined SimHQ and responded to him directly. He is running into the nasty NVIDIA compatibility bug folks ran into when Projekt Messerwetzer came out for SH2 and DC. His specific NVIDIA card does not like the Ultimation engine. I gave him every conceivable solution and I do not think it will help. I also gave him the specs of all five rigs I tested this game on. He is stuck with changing a graphics card/rig or not playing Panzer Commander. There is nothing I can do for him.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote