SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-17, 09:55 AM   #1
Dmitrysh
Watch

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default tWos Snorkel + Deck Gun ?

(sorry for my english, it is not my native language)

Hello everyone im kind'a new here and i have a question.Im sorry if this was dicsussed befor but I was searching alot on this forum and havent found anything that could help me. My question is:

Im using tWOS 2.0.9e. Is there any possibility to MOD a Snorkel (the one you swap with a deck gun.) to be able to use it with a Deck gun. (Because this snorkel is more detailed than the other one)

And if there is no possibility in that

Can you explain how to Mod a game to remove a Watch Crew Member on Port Side. The one who stands where the Snorkel is (the one you can activate via Options File Editor). Thanks.
Dmitrysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 11:07 AM   #2
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrysh View Post
(sorry for my english, it is not my native language)

Hello everyone im kind'a new here and i have a question.Im sorry if this was dicsussed befor but I was searching alot on this forum and havent found anything that could help me. My question is:

Im using tWOS 2.0.9e. Is there any possibility to MOD a Snorkel (the one you swap with a deck gun.) to be able to use it with a Deck gun. (Because this snorkel is more detailed than the other one)

And if there is no possibility in that

Can you explain how to Mod a game to remove a Watch Crew Member on Port Side. The one who stands where the Snorkel is (the one you can activate via Options File Editor). Thanks.
It difficult to understand your question I think part of what you are trying to say is getting lost in Translation

You can have both the Deck Gun and the Snorkel they are not items which replace each other . Do you mean something else ?

There is mod to remove all the Crew on the Conning tower, its not in WOS and I don't know if there are any conflicts with the Main Mod or if just removing the WO is possible.

If you are talking about trying to get a less obtrusive view I think the Snorkel is more obtrusive that the WO and that would mean repositioning it. Its scaled accurately so it is a big lump. Doing anything about that raises all sorts of issues

Don't be put off if you don't get the reply you want, keep trying you will get there in the end

Do you use Google Translate with your posts ? Would be interesting to know . Also there may be a WOS Supporter who can speak your language I'd ask around in another thread

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 12:24 PM   #3
Dmitrysh
Watch

Well i didn't know that my english is that bad ha.

(Step 1.) The snorkel (the one u can buy in docks) does replace the main gun tho. This is what im asking about. Is thera any way to make a Snorkel work with a Deck gun ? (again, the snorkel what is bought via "upgrade shop" )
Old 11-18-17, 12:31 PM   #4
Dmitrysh
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
It difficult to understand your question I think
There is mod to remove all the Crew on the Conning tower, its not in WOS and I don't know if there are any conflicts with the Main Mod or if just removing the WO is possible.

If you are talking about trying to get a less obtrusive view I think the Snorkel is more obtrusive that the WO and that would mean repositioning it. Its scaled accurately so it is a big lump. Doing anything about that raises all sorts of issues

Don't be put off if you don't get the reply you want, keep trying you will get there in the end
Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL
(Step 2.) Well, there is a mod that does what i want. (In case there is no way to do the "step 1") http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5301 ((- Removes the Crewman standing in the Snorkel (for if you use the “Uboat_Snorkel_1_1_0_by_TheDarkWraith” Mod))) But it doesn't work with tWOS 2.0.9e. Myabe there is another solution to "Removes the Crewman standing in the Snorkel" by editing game files ? and how ?
Old 11-18-17, 12:41 PM   #5
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Well i didn't know that my english is that bad ha.

The snorkel (the one u can buy in docks) does replace the main gun tho. This is what im asking about. Is thera any way to make a Snorkel work with a Deck gun (again, the snorkel what is bought via "upgrade shop" )

Ok Gotcha now I thought you meant the Options viewer snorkel, all makes sense now sorry my bad

Its such a long time since I got to the stage where the Snorkel was an Available Upgrade in the Bunker I'd forgot about it or even that it existed

I've been using the Options version

I'm really surprised it replaces the deck gun that's really odd

In 7 years I've never got past 50% completion of the game so I don't think I've seen it . What date are you on ?

Maybe worth a post in the WOS Section
Old 11-18-17, 12:55 PM   #6
Dmitrysh
Watch

Quote:
Ok Gotcha now I thought you meant the Options viewer snorkel, all makes sense now sorry my bad

Its such a long time since I got to the stage where the Snorkel was an Available Upgrade in the Bunker I'd forgot about it or even that it existed

I've been using the Options version

I'm really surprised it replaces the deck gun that's really odd

In 7 years I've never got past 50% completion of the game so I don't think I've seen it . What date are you on ?

Maybe worth a post in the WOS Section
I moded a game a little, just to see what it's got, right now im on first mission (1939). I don't think that my question will be seen in WOS section.
Old 11-18-17, 01:25 PM   #7
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
I moded a game a little, just to see what it's got, right now im on first mission (1939). I don't think that my question will be seen in WOS section.
are you using a sub mod that it not in WOS like the IXB or a sub not normally available till late war ?
Old 11-18-17, 01:43 PM   #8
Dmitrysh
Watch

Quote:
are you using a sub mod that it not in WOS like the IXB or a sub not normally available till late war ?
Im using Start with VIIB MOD and i just edited Upgrades start dates file.
Old 11-18-17, 02:04 PM   #9
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Im using Start with VIIB MOD and i just edited Upgrades start dates file.
You never Mentioned that !

Those files have all sorts of implications if you edit them, The Upgrades where very broken in the Vanilla Game and took a lot of fixing and almost certainly how, you now have your Snorkel/DeckGun problem.

Not much I can do to assist if you are editing config files etc, have you made a backup of the original files ?

Sorry about that

Last edited by Cyborg322; 11-18-17 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-19-17, 05:52 AM   #10
Dmitrysh
Watch

Quote:
You never Mentioned that !

Those files have all sorts of implications if you edit them, The Upgrades where very broken in the Vanilla Game and took a lot of fixing and almost certainly how, you now have your Snorkel/DeckGun problem.

Not much I can do to assist if you are editing config files etc, have you made a backup of the original files ?

Sorry about that
Yes i do have Original Configs. I just edited the date when u can accuire the upgrade. And to be sure I already checked this with Original files. I typed "Silent Otto" to unlock all campaing missions and started the one where the Snorkel is originally unlocked. (I checked it before editing files)
Old 11-24-17, 05:47 AM   #11
Dmitrysh
Watch

No help ?
Old 11-24-17, 12:48 PM   #12
mkiii
Soundman

Downloads: 117

as far as I can make out from the files, the snorkel is using the same node as the deck gun, so they are mutually exclusive you can have one or the other but not both, which is also historically accurate as far as I know, any u-boats captured or surrendered, had no deck gun if the snorkel was fitted.

as for the crew man, you would have to use gr2 editor viewer to move the crew man node in the conning tower 3d model.
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 05:38 AM   #13
Dmitrysh
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
as far as I can make out from the files, the snorkel is using the same node as the deck gun, so they are mutually exclusive you can have one or the other but not both, which is also historically accurate as far as I know, any u-boats captured or surrendered, had no deck gun if the snorkel was fitted.

as for the crew man, you would have to use gr2 editor viewer to move the crew man node in the conning tower 3d model.
Thank you very much. Ill try to use gr2 editor for my purposes, but is there any way to separate deck gun and snorkel nodes ? If yes, could you tell me how to, thank you.
Old 11-29-17, 12:44 PM   #14
mkiii
Soundman

Downloads: 117

you would have to create a new bone in the sub using gr2 editor, then rename it to a node that is not being used, then link the snk to the new bone in the equip file for the sub....that`s how I would try to do it. BUT MAKE COPIES OF THE FILES FIRST, just in case it breaks something.
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 07:01 AM   #15
Dmitrysh
Watch

Jesus. No idea how to do it. Any tutorial would help.