Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-19, 03:22 AM   #241
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Okay, here I have to step outside of the argument and put my Moderator shoes on, which I suppose disqualifies me from any further discussion on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalADCAP View Post
Helen...Keller
I suggest you read the forum rules regarding language.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language
I know it says "asterisks", but the idea is to keep the forum clean, and that includes all the shortcuts.

Back to me:

Quote:
See, this is a playfully mild sexist joke Steven!
Quote:
I don't hate old people Steven,
Quote:
Good freaking Lord Steven!
Quote:
I am not a turnip Steven.
Quote:
I understand MANY things Steven!
If I wanted to use my full name I would have made it that way. I can only assume that repeating it five times is meant to be demeaning. This is interesting coming from someone who hasn't even given us his real name. It's possible to have a discussion without the need for insults.

Quote:
Wow, you're that old? Well, that explains a LOT!
Such as?

Quote:
But the joke was invented by a very old person who wasn't afraid to joke on old people or himself for being old.
And I joke about myself all the time. Coming from someone talking about his own foibles is funny. You commenting on what you imagine mine to be is definitely insulting.

Quote:
I don't hate old people Steven, I just like to tease the living hell out of them.
You tease your friends. Teasing total strangers in the middle of a discussion is, again, rude and insulting.

Quote:
And, as far as not ever hearing a woman joke about male drivers, I find that hard to believe.
But true nonetheless.

Quote:
But looking at your 'posts count' on here I have to question whether you hang out with anybody offline? 50k+? Good freaking Lord Steven! You ARE the Internet.
I've been a member here for sixteen years. It's one of the very few places I do post. I try to stay active in the gaming part of the forum (which is what SubSim is supposed to be here for), but I post in a lot of sections on a lot of subjects.

Quote:
I am not a turnip Steven. I know what you meant and responded accordingly to what you were saying.
You said I excused discrimination based on a tiny minority. It doesn't look like you did know what I meant.

Quote:
I understand MANY things Steven! Here, I think you're reading too much into this and looking to find trouble where no trouble exists. I would however like to see it become more of a picture/video thread showing women who've wrecked vehicles, women struggling to park, or women doing stupid things while driving instead of so much discussion about the stupid things women do when they drive, but personal stories are always a fun read at times also.
So you'd like to see more misogyny rather than less? Why no men?
Old 02-01-19, 07:06 AM   #242
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Okay, here I have to step outside of the argument and put my Moderator shoes on, which I suppose disqualifies me from any further discussion on my part.
Banning yourself? You did violate some rules after all, as was pointed out by someone else earlier on this thread. Shame on you Steven! You're a disgrace, not only to yourself and the SubSim moderator force, but to the entire SubSim community as well!

We're all just so disappointed in you Steven!

Quote:
I suggest you read the forum rules regarding language.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language
I know it says "asterisks", but the idea is to keep the forum clean, and that includes all the shortcuts.
So, I didn't violate the actual rule as it's stated. Thanks for clearing that up for yourself!

Quote:
Back to me:

If I wanted to use my full name I would have made it that way. I can only assume that repeating it five times is meant to be demeaning. This is interesting coming from someone who hasn't even given us his real name. It's possible to have a discussion without the need for insults.
My God man, now being called your name insults you? Perhaps you shouldn't be a moderator because I think you may be just a tad too sensitive for the job Steven! Assuming things is your problem. You assume everything is some sort of offense and look for trouble.

Quote:
And I joke about myself all the time. Coming from someone talking about his own foibles is funny. You commenting on what you imagine mine to be is definitely insulting.
Everything is insulting to you! Even being called your own name.

Quote:
You tease your friends. Teasing total strangers in the middle of a discussion is, again, rude and insulting.
That's your opinion. I tease everyone, even if I don't know them. It's how I've made lots of friends in life over the years. But most people are not sticks in the mud like you are that assumes everything is an offense and goes looking for trouble and making trouble for everyone when they're just trying to have a good time.

Quote:
I've been a member here for sixteen years. It's one of the very few places I do post. I try to stay active in the gaming part of the forum (which is what SubSim is supposed to be here for), but I post in a lot of sections on a lot of subjects.
You need to get a life off of here is what I think. Just going from forum to forum Steven isn't like getting in your car and driving to a different part of the city you know. You are still on SubSim! And for 16 years!? OMG!!!! You are institutionalized on here guy. You probably couldn't go a day without this site could you!?

Quote:
So you'd like to see more misogyny rather than less? Why no men?

Misogyny? Really Steven? Where is the hatred of women at on here? WHERE? I don't see it. Who is calling for the death of women, or hurting them, or anything remotely close to showing any real measurement of hatred towards women? It's not here Steven! Light-hearted gender teasing is far from misogyny. Inquiring about why women drive so poorly isn't misogyny either. This thread was opened by someone else, not me. You seem like you really want to rail into male drivers Steven. Is that misandry? Start that thread and knock yourself out. I've got some stories I could share about some really poor male drivers also but that's not what this discussion right here is about.

What I think you need to do Steven is excuse yourself from this discussion and never come back to it. Because YOU apparently have a chip on your shoulder of some sort and this thread clearly upsets you. You come on here looking to cause trouble for people because it offends you (like everything does) and you started the whole argument on here in the first place. Now you want to throw on your moderator shoes and act like you're the righteous one. NO! YOU ARE THE BULLY in this case! And that is another rule violation Steven! So ban yourself! And consider retiring from moderating if you're as sensitive as you are and feel like you need to cause trouble in forum threads that YOU find offensive while many others are getting along fine. The problem isn't them - IT'S YOU!

Last edited by Jimbuna; 02-01-19 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Insulting graphic
Old 02-01-19, 07:40 AM   #243
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalADCAP View Post
[...] You're a disgrace, not only to yourself and the SubSim moderator force, but to the entire SubSim community as well!
We're all just so disappointed in you Steven! [...]
Speak for yourself, and maybe not in public. Oh yes i know, all you say is only "meant in good humour".. unless no one believes that. You know exactly what you say, mean, and insult

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-01-19, 07:55 AM   #244
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Well, I reckon we have all had enough of this and to avoid what I suspect would be claims of moderator bias the thread is now closed.

I would respectfully suggest nobody makes an attempt to repost or ressurect the subject matter.

Neal can of course reopen the thread should he feel it necessary.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Closed Thread