SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-18, 04:33 PM   #31
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
Default Contact/Bearing Lines

Great Mod! The F5 and F6 screens are large, legible and make a huge difference in being able actually use them. My question...I do not notice any contact lines or bearing lines to a target. Has this feature been eliminated in your GUI or simply disabled. If disabled could your tell me how to activate that feature once again?
Thanking you in advance.
SilentwayIII
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 09:13 PM   #32
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default My bad on the contact lines

Did not have gods eye engaged when I reset realism settings. Again, great F5 and F6!
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 06:00 AM   #33
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Hello Brodaga222,

as you know I am currently rescaling this to 1680x1050 for myself. I made a lot of progress but where do I change the position of the loading screens? Could not find it in the menu_1024_768.ini?
Hi! What loading screens did you mean?

If you meant data\Menu\Loading then:

1. First make a picture of 1680x1050.
2. Then change the resolution to 1024x768 and paste it for example in Map.tga at the top (see how done I have).

In the game, the picture will be 1680x1050 resolution, but with poor quality. It is difficult to fix this because it is embedded in the game engine code.

If you meant the position of the loading bar:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=11
Old 07-04-18, 06:18 AM   #34
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwayIII View Post
Great Mod! The F5 and F6 screens are large, legible and make a huge difference in being able actually use them. My question...I do not notice any contact lines or bearing lines to a target. Has this feature been eliminated in your GUI or simply disabled. If disabled could your tell me how to activate that feature once again?
Thanking you in advance.
SilentwayIII
Hi! Thanks! They are displayed if this is activated in the realism settings. And only when the periscope is below.

Old 07-06-18, 10:41 AM   #35
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155

Guys,

Quick question how do you use the RAOB Wheel with this mod to get the AOB?, do you use the same method as OLC's UI?

Thanks
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 09:54 AM   #36
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Release version 0.3.1 HotFix (07.07.2018)

=================================================
Release version 0.3.1 HotFix (07.07.2018)

Bug fixes:

1. Fixed Scope Reticule on the Attack Periscope
2. Fixed Scope Reticule on the OBS Periscope
3. Fixed Scope Reticule on the UZO

!!! VERSION FOR INSTALLATION ON TOP OF VERSION 0.3 !!!

How to install:

Copy folder "data" to the game folder with the replacement of files. Or you can enable it via JSGME.

Old 07-08-18, 11:29 AM   #37
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Thank you for this Ui Mod

Last edited by Delta Wolf; 07-08-18 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-11-18, 07:56 AM   #38
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Hi Brodaga,

Thanks very much for making a Widescreen mod!

I am impressed by the opening screen which shows a nice video and historical images. I see you have cured the presentation very well. However, please let me mention 2 issues, the 2nd one being more severe and could mean a no-go for many players because of it. So hopefully you're trying to correct.

a) German accents remain in cyrillic in the menu, in messages and screen names in-game.

This is not a big issue. To correct, take the fonts from Ahnenerbe's mod for WAC5.01 and incorportate them.

b) Like in Ahnenerbe's GUI, the mouseclicks are screwed-up meaning you can not reach all compartments of the sub.

E.g. the back area of the command room cannot be reached, neither by shortcut or the mouse; right-clicking on an officer will not always take his place of view. Right-clicking will not always take you back to conning tower like in the stock game. Take a look at the Conus GUI (with GWX3.0) to see how mouseclicks should work. Note that a fast movement within the sub is a big part of game immersion in SH3.

All this is more severe depending on how a simmer wants to play the game (shortcuts or mouse clicks, zooming optics).
Unfortunately I know it's difficult to fix because it clashes with the optics and cameras, so I have no good solution to propose, I can only say that it will be a no-go for many players chosing between zooming optics or moving at ease in the sub by using the mouse.

Your stations and the maps are awesome, the best I have seen in a WS GUI

I hope you accept my feedback as helpful for you.
Cheers,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-11-18 at 08:12 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 10:30 AM   #39
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

i have encountered those issues ( icons that dont do anything when clicked ) in some older versions of Ahnenerbe mod that i used in CCoM at some point but they were fixed eventually , the latest improved Ahnenerbe mod ( the one used in WAC) works perfect, all shortcuts work as intended , until this mod showed up i used it a lot with NYGM and it worked perfect .

That being said, i have none of those old issues with this mod, it works perfect also, it might be a conflict with other mods or some things from your supermod .
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 10:59 AM   #40
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
i have encountered those issues ( icons that dont do anything when clicked ) in some older versions of Ahnenerbe mod that i used in CCoM at some point but they were fixed eventually , the latest improved Ahnenerbe mod ( the one used in WAC) works perfect, all shortcuts work as intended , until this mod showed up i used it a lot with NYGM and it worked perfect .

That being said, i have none of those old issues with this mod, it works perfect also, it might be a conflict with other mods or some things from your supermod .
Thanks, but no, nothing to do with my supermod (GWX3.0), it's the same problem in Ahnenerbe's WS with WAC5.01.
But I have found a 90% solution, see next response.
I would like to use ARB because the map is so much better, also the interface

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-11-18 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-11-18, 11:08 AM   #41
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

[EDIT]
Mouseclick problems all solved...

For the mouseclick problems (see point b in my response above), I have the perfect workaround (at least for me) by replacing the camera.dat taken from the Widescreen mod MaGui Final version (the one before v.3.4 was published).

After that, all mouseclicks work like in the stock game (correctly), now the
observation periscope will zoom at 1.5x-6x, the attack periscope at 1.5x-6x-12x (very good for identifying flags), the UZO will not zoom at x6.

These zoom factors could all be problematic when using Manual TDC with RAOTB disk, that's because AFAIK the zooming is not the right one for it, but it happens that I'm not a fan of high realism, so I will happily play Auto TDC in SH3 (the zoom factor doesn't matter), and Manual TDC in SH5

Listen, will I ever play SH3 again instead of typing in these subsim forums...guess...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-11-18 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-12-18, 12:58 PM   #42
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi Brodaga,

Thanks very much for making a Widescreen mod!

I am impressed by the opening screen which shows a nice video and historical images. I see you have cured the presentation very well. However, please let me mention 2 issues, the 2nd one being more severe and could mean a no-go for many players because of it. So hopefully you're trying to correct.

a) German accents remain in cyrillic in the menu, in messages and screen names in-game.

This is not a big issue. To correct, take the fonts from Ahnenerbe's mod for WAC5.01 and incorportate them.

b) Like in Ahnenerbe's GUI, the mouseclicks are screwed-up meaning you can not reach all compartments of the sub.

E.g. the back area of the command room cannot be reached, neither by shortcut or the mouse; right-clicking on an officer will not always take his place of view. Right-clicking will not always take you back to conning tower like in the stock game. Take a look at the Conus GUI (with GWX3.0) to see how mouseclicks should work. Note that a fast movement within the sub is a big part of game immersion in SH3.

All this is more severe depending on how a simmer wants to play the game (shortcuts or mouse clicks, zooming optics).
Unfortunately I know it's difficult to fix because it clashes with the optics and cameras, so I have no good solution to propose, I can only say that it will be a no-go for many players chosing between zooming optics or moving at ease in the sub by using the mouse.

Your stations and the maps are awesome, the best I have seen in a WS GUI

I hope you accept my feedback as helpful for you.
Cheers,
Hi XenonSurf Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm working on a completely new historical optics for ARB and together I will fix the errors about which you reported. I plan to release a new version this month. Maybe even next week
Old 07-12-18, 01:21 PM   #43
Delta Wolf
Engineer

@Brodaga222

Would it be possible to add the Vertical and horizontal marks to the reticle when we select the RAFOB? Just like the OLC's UI?

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great.

Thank you
Old 07-12-18, 02:29 PM   #44
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wolf View Post
@Brodaga222

Would it be possible to add the Vertical and horizontal marks to the reticle when we select the RAFOB? Just like the OLC's UI?

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great.

Thank you
Yes, I will definitely add a reticle for RAOBF in the new version
Old 07-12-18, 03:27 PM   #45
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodaga222 View Post
Yes, I will definitely add a reticle for RAOBF in the new version
Thats Great News

Looking forward to the new version