SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-09, 03:39 AM   #1
HS
Bosun

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Jutland - some thoughts and questions

Well, first of all thank you for this simulation, which combines a realistic historic context and a dynamic, obviously non scripted campaign system with excellent graphics (including the often underestimated effect of good sea and sky textures!). This is indeed the game I’ve been waiting for for years and years.

Perhaps we will see some 1914 campaigns in the future? E.g. a Nothsea or even a multi-hemispheric raider campaign (SMS Emden, Dresden, Karlsruhe, suppliers Q-ships, Vice adm. Graf Spee etc.) could be interesting. No game can cover everything of course but another idea for smaller scenarios would be to have slightly more options for the gunnery system (e.g. shell types, ranging or spotted fire).

I absolutely respect your need for copy protection. But please, please and again please make sure, that the brilliant simulation will not end like the HSF in Scapaw Flow 1919 (btw, best regards from Germany ;-)), should you once cease online support for the game in the future. I’ve just visited a forum of a similar protected game, were something like this seems to take place at the moment: People with crashed PCs are unable to get a new protection code and have to play the demo version now …

One final question: Since my PC broke down a few weeks ago I`m currently online with my laptop which does not really meet Jutlands system requirements. Nevertheless I downloaded the demo version. As soon as I’m online with my new PC I will purchase the full version. Is it possible to copy the Laptop version to the new PC and then purchase the game on that basis or would you, due to technical reasons, recommend a new download, using the PC?

Regards and every success in the future
HS
HS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 08:58 AM   #2
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Hi,

don`t copy the game between machines (unless you mean your downloaded setup file, this is save to use on different machines), you for sure will run into trouble with the copy protection.

You can install the game on how many machines you like, you only have to switch the licence between them.

Greets

Z.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 09:09 AM   #3
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1

When SES does an expansion for Jutland, personally I want to see an HSF versus USN scenario. I mean, who doesn't want to see the American Standard Types in a broadside duel with Bayerns and Mackensens? Bring on USS Colorado!
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 06:56 AM   #4
HS
Bosun

Zakalwe, thx for your hint!
Old 02-17-09, 12:05 PM   #5
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS
Perhaps we will see some 1914 campaigns in the future?

At this point, we don't know exactly what we're going to do on the expansion front. We have a bunch of options on the table, which obviously include expanding the North Sea timeframe on 1 or both ends of 1916. Doing either one will introduce not only a bunch of ships not in the 1916 OOB, but will also have to include early and/or late versions of the 1916 ships. There's also the option of going to completley different theaters, and a few other things up our sleeves as well.

We'll have to see how things go. What we'll be able to do depends a lot on how well Jutland sells. So if you want to see it expanded a lot, tell all your friends about us .

Quote:
I absolutely respect your need for copy protection. But please, please and again please make sure, that the brilliant simulation will not end like the HSF in Scapaw Flow 1919 (btw, best regards from Germany ;-)), should you once cease online support for the game in the future.

Should we ever go bust, we'll disable the DRM so you'll be able to play the game long after we're gone. The idea is, we'd TRY to get back in business someday, and we don't want to leave all our old customers with a bad memory that would keep them from coming back in the future.

Quote:
One final question: Since my PC broke down a few weeks ago I`m currently online with my laptop which does not really meet Jutlands system requirements. Nevertheless I downloaded the demo version. As soon as I’m online with my new PC I will purchase the full version. Is it possible to copy the Laptop version to the new PC and then purchase the game on that basis or would you, due to technical reasons, recommend a new download, using the PC?

I would download and install the game separately onto both machines. Both would act as demos until you buy the game. You can buy the game from either computer without affecting the other's installation, because what you buy is a license, which you can switch back and forth between the computers.

So say you buy the game today on the laptop. Once your new desktop arrives, hit SHF-F12 on the laptop to release your license from it. Then download and install the game on the desktop. When the screen to activate or buy the game comes up, type in your license number that you bought on the laptop, and now the full game will work on your new desktop. Should you ever want to play it on your laptop again, just hit SHF-F12 on the desktop, then start the game on the laptop and type in the license on it.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 12:13 PM   #6
HS
Bosun

Ok, thank you for clarifying.