SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-18, 08:28 AM   #1
DWhite2993
Swabbie

Downloads: 378
Uploads: 0
radar Animated Fans v1.1 Problem

I have installed the antimated fans for stock SH-4 v1.5 (ver 1.1) which has most of the time given me a headache. For some reason, after doing the install and starting up a new career the fans will work but for some reason the sonar quits working. When you mouse click on the sonar nothing happens. It doesn't sweep nor pick up any sounds at all. The only way to get it back to working is to reinstall the game and start all over after re-installing all the mods except the animated fans. Ever so often however it does work (the fans and the sonar) but after a mission or two the game crashes and dies each time you try to log back into the saved game to continue your career. I don't know if it's because it's the Steam ver of SH-4 v1.5 or not. If any one has an answer for this problem I sure would appreciate it.
DWhite2993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 10:33 AM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Moved to ATO Mods section.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 12:46 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

DWhite2993, where do you have your game installed? Which version of Windows are you using? What other mods are you using, and in what order are you loading them? Can you get a mod list from JSGME? Click on "Tasks..." in the middle of the JSGME window, and "Export activated mods list to >" and "clipboard", then in your next post, while pressing and holding the <Ctrl> key, press the <V> key to paste the clipboard into your text edit box...

If you are installed in one of the "Program Files" folders, we'll have to have you move it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-18, 10:15 AM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

This mod changes major interior files in the CR & CT and it will conflict with other interior files, even stock (of course). I think there is a sonar mouse click fix in the downloads section that will fix your problem once propbeanie has you squared away.

Do you have any other mods running that change the interior like, TMO, RFB, Vickers beautiful interiors, etc. These mods all have the fans included so you probably don't.

propbeanie's question is important too, where is your game installed, and a mod list you're using if any would be very helpful.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 12:45 PM   #5
DWhite2993
Swabbie

radar Animated Fans V1.1 Problem

Sorry about not posting sooner. I am using the steam version of SH-4 ver 1.5. I am running a Del Alien laptop with windows 10 installed (home version). I have the program on my data Drive D because Drive C is just large enough to hold the Win 10 OS and some other small programs.

I don't have any mods installed other than the things like small rocks, small sea grass, underwater visibility fix, the chrono watch and some sound mods like radio stations that has been working just fine.

I have not installed any interior mods or major programs like TMO, Trigger Maru, Ops Monsun, Narwhal mod or any other mod that's out there. Basicly it's the normal down loaded program only.
I hope this helps. To date I have not used JSGME for anything, just manually making the changes which I've done for few years now on several desktop computers I used to use. So far the animated fan mod is the only mod that's given me any problems.
Old 03-20-18, 02:26 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You have a good install location for SH4 then. If you were in a "C:\Program Files" folder, that would "lock-out" some changes that mods make.

Open JSGME and click on the blue "Tasks..." in the middle there, and then choose "Export activated mods list...". If you have version 2.6, it'll ask where to, so you can choose to the "Clipboard". All you have to do then is <Ctrl><V> to paste it into your next post. If you have v2.3, it will export a text file to the MODS folder, which you'll then copy and paste into your next post...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 04:23 PM   #7
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Here is the Sonar mouse click fix for the GATO sized fleetboats:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4099

You will lose the fan in the Conning Tower but the Control Room will be fine. It is easy enough to install without JSGME.

The animated fans use a lot of resources, maybe that's why you are crashing.

If you did install JSGME it would make it a lot easier to see if mods conflict. I know how you feel about not using it though because I have a hand modded install (my first install) still works. I also have JSGME on different installs now.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 03-20-18 at 04:36 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 09:18 AM   #8
DWhite2993
Swabbie

radar Animated Fans V1.1 Problem

Thanks for all the help and advice you guys are giving me.

I finally seen a couple of videos on how to unzip JSGME using the 7-zip then set it up within the game. The two you tube videos were a great help. I was able to set up the fans thru the JSGME program and all seems to work now.

I want to thank you guys for all the help and ideas you gave me on this problem.
Old 03-21-18, 12:02 PM   #9
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Well done, I think you'll like it.

Any more trouble, we're here for you!

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."