SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-10, 07:57 AM   #346
winkelmander
Seaman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

@steel viking
the download link seems not working again. I'm getting allways the QuickTime player???

Can You fix it pls?
Old 05-27-10, 10:28 AM   #347
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_clear View Post
This is my production。You made a mistake or intentional?
In my first version, I accidentally removed two whole climate zones, but in my hurry to get a fix to everyone I did not take the time to double check things properly (I was only paying attention to things that would cause CTD). I said in the post for my first link that it was not done as well as it could be, because I knew that I had worked fast on it, and I said there would be mistakes. I am sorry to everyone that downloaded the first version, but now I have corrected it.

I know this is your production. I am sorry for any offence I have made W_clear. I don't want anyone thinking that this is my mod in any way. I am just a fan who wants to play using this mod.

Like I said before, it took a lot of work just to redo this one file. So W_clear I thank you for the immense amount of work you have done creating this mod.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!

Last edited by SteelViking; 05-27-10 at 10:40 AM.
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 10:36 AM   #348
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby View Post
thanks...so we can remove the 2.1 MOD from W_clear and paste this one into 2.0?
No, you still need the files from his 2.1. If you are doing them seperately through JSGME put the file I supplied into 2.1Mod/data/Env and then enable like normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelmander View Post
@steel viking
the download link seems not working again. I'm getting allways the QuickTime player???

Can You fix it pls?

Sorry man, but I am not getting that problem. I don't know how to fix it for you

Edit: Make sure after you click on the link, that you scroll down a bit before trying to hit download. Sometimes adds will pop up and get in the way, but if you scroll down first you might not have a problem.

Last edited by SteelViking; 05-27-10 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-27-10, 02:20 PM   #349
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_clear View Post
This is my production。You made a mistake or intentional?
Steelviking's ClimateZones.tga file is meant as a fix for the one that's included in Environmental MOD 2.1. The version that ships with the mod (shown on the left side in the picture below) has a lot of very smooth gradients around the coast lines. This was to indicate a change in the water around the shore. Unfortunately the way this image works is that it reads the color value of the area the u-boat is in and matches it with the config file. If the zone's color in the TGA file is a color that's not in the config, as it is with the gradients, you can Crash To Desktop.

SteekViking's version of the image keeps the intent of different climate zones near the shores, but does so using only the colors referenced in the config files (the picture on the right side of the image below). This should avoid Crash To Desktops.

What should probably happen is W_Clear use Steelviking's image in his mod to save him the trouble of making those changes himself. I really don't think Steelviking was trying to steal or mod or release it as himself. He was just saving W_Clear the effort (and it was a lot! I tried to do this myself and gave up heh) of having to fix the image.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 03:48 PM   #350
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

ok...im now confused

what should be installed? and what order?
furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 03:55 PM   #351
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
ok...im now confused

what should be installed? and what order?
Install W_Clear's mod. Full Stop.

If you find yourself CTD'ing, then try installing Steelviking's TGA file.

Old 05-27-10, 04:03 PM   #352
furby
Machinist's Mate

the 2.0 then 2.1 then steel's?
furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 04:27 PM   #353
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
the 2.0 then 2.1 then steel's?
Erm, yeah, it appears so. Sorry, always confused by rollups rather than just releasing the fully patched mod when you have a critical bug fix.

Old 05-27-10, 04:29 PM   #354
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Look its simple -

Firstly - SteelViking has fixed the CTD that were occurring in the W_Clear mod

Secondly - SteelViking made it clear that he was simply altering a small part of the W_Clear Mod and gave W_Clear every opportunity to comment - and he gave W_ Clear full acknowledgement for the original
mod

Thirdly - Thanks to both Mr W_Clear and Mr SteelViking this mod has matured into an outstanding mod that goes along way to changing the overall game play experience

What needs to be done is that all the various parts to this mod can be combined into one mod so there is not the confusion re installation for future users

I notice yet another new Enviro Mod by Astradeus has just been released - can any one explain if this and the W_Clear mod are complementary - if they do the same thing, do they do it differently - Its so confusing with so many mods centering on the same aspect of the game

Best Regards to all modders and the subsim community

R
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 05:30 PM   #355
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101 View Post
Look its simple -

Firstly - SteelViking has fixed the CTD that were occurring in the W_Clear mod

Secondly - SteelViking made it clear that he was simply altering a small part of the W_Clear Mod and gave W_Clear every opportunity to comment - and he gave W_ Clear full acknowledgement for the original
mod

Thirdly - Thanks to both Mr W_Clear and Mr SteelViking this mod has matured into an outstanding mod that goes along way to changing the overall game play experience

What needs to be done is that all the various parts to this mod can be combined into one mod so there is not the confusion re installation for future users

I notice yet another new Enviro Mod by Astradeus has just been released - can any one explain if this and the W_Clear mod are complementary - if they do the same thing, do they do it differently - Its so confusing with so many mods centering on the same aspect of the game

Best Regards to all modders and the subsim community

R
Thanks rascal101.

My file is not JSGME compatible. Sorry, what you need to do is this.

1. Get the Env2.0 then put the files from the 2.1 patch into it, making sure they are the proper folders and telling it to overwrite when asked. 2. Put the file from my link into the folder: Env2.0/data/Env telling it to overwrite when asked. 3. Enable the whole thing in JSGME

To be clear, that means you only enable ONE THING in JSGME. All the other files should really be put in the correct folders manually overwriting when asked.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but until W_clear releases a new version of the whole mod, this is how it is.

Old 05-27-10, 08:16 PM   #356
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Steelviking's ClimateZones.tga file is meant as a fix for the one that's included in Environmental MOD 2.1. The version that ships with the mod (shown on the left side in the picture below) has a lot of very smooth gradients around the coast lines. This was to indicate a change in the water around the shore. Unfortunately the way this image works is that it reads the color value of the area the u-boat is in and matches it with the config file. If the zone's color in the TGA file is a color that's not in the config, as it is with the gradients, you can Crash To Desktop.

SteekViking's version of the image keeps the intent of different climate zones near the shores, but does so using only the colors referenced in the config files (the picture on the right side of the image below). This should avoid Crash To Desktops.

What should probably happen is W_Clear use Steelviking's image in his mod to save him the trouble of making those changes himself. I really don't think Steelviking was trying to steal or mod or release it as himself. He was just saving W_Clear the effort (and it was a lot! I tried to do this myself and gave up heh) of having to fix the image.
Thanks。I see,
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 09:09 PM   #357
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
In my first version, I accidentally removed two whole climate zones, but in my hurry to get a fix to everyone I did not take the time to double check things properly (I was only paying attention to things that would cause CTD). I said in the post for my first link that it was not done as well as it could be, because I knew that I had worked fast on it, and I said there would be mistakes. I am sorry to everyone that downloaded the first version, but now I have corrected it.

I know this is your production. I am sorry for any offence I have made W_clear. I don't want anyone thinking that this is my mod in any way. I am just a fan who wants to play using this mod.

Like I said before, it took a lot of work just to redo this one file. So W_clear I thank you for the immense amount of work you have done creating this mod.

Thanks.I see. Great job.Your changes ClimateZones.tga have been put into the environment 2.2MOD

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69#post1334469

Last edited by W_clear; 05-28-10 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-28-10, 02:04 AM   #358
dougandtoni
Mate

Man this has got to be the most confusing mod to install.There is no link for the 2.0 version
dougandtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 02:18 AM   #359
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougandtoni View Post
Man this has got to be the most confusing mod to install.There is no link for the 2.0 version

Sorry。in 2.2MOD.
Old 05-28-10, 02:24 AM   #360
SteelViking
The Old Man

W_clear, the download link on the first page only has the patch for the mod, it does not contain the whole thing. I just downloaded it to get your new fogdistances.cfg fix, and it is not the whole mod.