SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-13, 03:59 PM   #121
Celticmarine10
Swabbie

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Hey I've the original ACM mod on from 2008 - with the core ACM and dark shade ACM.
How does the reloaded install? In the JSGME I have it installed separately, with the originals enabled.
The same question for the Nav Map 'Lite'?
Thanks!
Celticmarine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 07:06 PM   #122
SoCalUboat
Seaman

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Download links

Main mod, version 1.1 (3 September 2009): http://www.filefront.com/14452675/AC...%27%20MkII.zip

ACM Lite Map: http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/[/B]

Compatibility file for Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wi...eCam%201.2.zip

Compatibility file for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod: http://www.filefront.com/15728489/FM...M_Reloaded.zip

Tutorials:
A comprehensive tutorial that works for all ACM type GUIs (including Manos GUI). Just ignore the pics themselves and focus on the dials that were used.
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/
Quick Tutorial on how to use AOBF in ACM: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=191

To install, respect the following mod orders (the files that you can download from the above links are listed yellow):

Basic Setup:
- GWX3.0
- etc
- OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 2 OR Option 4 preffered
- OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
- etc (including other OLC optionals)
- ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
- ACM Lite Map (optional but recommended)

- TMT mod (any variant, any position, highly recommended)

With Stormfly's Free camera mod (best camera mod ever!)
- GWX3.0
- etc

- Extended FreeCam 1.2 for ACM
- Wide FOV for Extended FreeCam 1.2

With Flakmonkey's New Interior 1.0 mod:
- GWX3.0
- etc

- FM_NewInterior_V1.0
- FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded

(FM_NI fix for OLC not required)

Change log:
V1.1:
- Torpedo Tubes buttons and Water Level Dial cleaned up
- Small increase of clip distance on Binocular View
- Updated mini recognition manual with TMT v2 values
- Updated some zoom levels to correspond with the ones in the Wide Fov file. However, I still recommend using Stormfly's mod (just remember to put the Wide FOV fix after it, in case you do).

History
ACM (Another Combi Mod) was made by Mikhayl. It's last version was 1.1 and was completed on 29 November 2008 (I think). His original thread is here LINK. It is a combination of an older OLC Env+Gui, with a TDC on the attack periscope screen, and other features. If this is the first time you've heard about ACM, it's advisable to read that entire thread.

While using this interface, over the months I have added my own modifications to it, for personal use, by including new textures and more precise optics and AOB finder. After a while I posted them on the ACM thread as "ACM Reloaded", a small size upgrade for ACM 1.1. However, after the ACM download link broke and OLC published a new version of his interface and environment, I decided to trim down unnecesary files and make an ugrade version for OLC Mk2d. The current version is only 49 MB and contains all the features made by Mikhayl, and my own modifications. This merge was only made and tested with the LRT versions of OLC's GUI (Option 2 and Option 4).

Screenshots and features

Since this is a simplification and rewiring of an upgrade of a combination of an interface mod (), a feature list might be impractical. I can only list what I have done. You can find the complete of my features and screenshots on this LINK. It is the 190'th post on the ACM main thread. Please read that post carefully, as it also explains how to customise the color of the periscope lenses plus other things. Post nr. 191 explains how to use the AOB finder wheel in detail. On the same thread you can find how to add a draggable chronometer and even why I decided to start a new thread altogether for this download .

Comments:

1. What's ACM Lite Map: well I got a bit overboard when changing the map settings and made this a bit too hard. ACM Lite map not only reenables Harbors on the map but also brings back overlays of the sub, colored map contacts and speed trails (on lower diff levels ofc). I personally use it so...

2. What about OLC GUI Options 1 and 3 without Longer Repair Times? You can use those, but you might get minor unexpected results. My pack contains the files "Commands_de.cgf, Commands_en.cfg, de_menu.txt and en_menu.txt", based on the ones in the LRT versions. You're free to Winmerge them with the non-LRT versions.

3. A known issue: because of the way the OLC 50% grey items work in ACM, you will see graphical issues in the Mission Orders, the Captain's log and the Radio Messages screens. Believe me, there is nothing I can do about them except remake about 100 textures.

4. Make sure to get Stormfly's latest Extended Free Camera mod found HERE. His mod is based on the original ACM so it's well compatible with ACM Reloaded (except for the UZO zoom which is 6.637 in my mod). However I liked to have a wider FOV in the interior screens so I've made an optional for his mod. It also smooths the Conning Periscope Camera, and the deck crew are now visible through the binoculars, so you need to move around to see the ships. You can find the file here: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wi...eCam%201.2.zip. Remember to put it after Stormfly's mod (which must also be put above ACM Reloaded).

5. Compatibility with other mods: altough this mod is made up almost only of image files, those few text files (*.ini, *.dat and*.cfg files) are deadly important. Always make that sure that you don't overwrite them.

6. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.

Now for thanks.
First of all a big thanks to OLC, Hitman and Joegrundman which revolutionised the way we think about the SH interface. Altough I have opted to use the ACM gui instead, I never forget that at it's core, ACM contains 90% of OLC's gui .
Then a big thanks to Nicolas which proved how usefull it is to have the TDC on the Attack Periscope screen (with autoupdate on ). Just in case you've missed it, here's why:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431. By the way, can any moderator change it's name to coincide with the title of the first post? Please?
Thanks Makman for all your work with TMT and your support in my efforts .
And last but not least (actually I should've placed you first), thanks Mikhayl for bringing it in one imba package
can you give me a link that works please for the fm newinterior compatibilaty mod thx

happy hunting u 48
SoCalUboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-14, 04:11 AM   #123
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155

Hey Guys,

Really love this mod, just wanted to know if its possible to remove the color filters on the scopes?

Does anyone know how to do this?
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 04:02 AM   #124
radcapricorn
Helmsman

Downloads: 181

Method 1:

Rename/remove/replace with transparent tga two files data/menu/lenses/{per,obs}_filter.tga. EDIT: come to think of it, removing the files may have adverse effects. I can't test it right now, but on a hindsight this may make your periscope view rather unusable, so it'd be better to either replace them with some fully transparent image, or just use the next method.

Method 2:

Open data/menu/menu_1024_768.ini in your preferred text editor and do a search for per_filter.tga. You should find something like this:

Code:
[G26 I177]
Name=Karamazov's Filter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x0x26123461
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/Lenses/per_filter.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x21
TexFmt=0x9
In my stored copy of ACM Reloaded it's item [G26 I177]. I don't know if my version is the same as yours, so item number may be different. In any case, in that item, there's an entry Color=0xFFFFFFFF. Change it to Color=0xFFFFFF00. That'll make the item fully transparent
Repeat for obs_filter.tga (for me it's item [G2B I118]).

Regardless of the method you choose, I'd advise you to do it on the mod side: either uninstall ACM Reloaded, do the changes to the mod itself and then install it again, or just make another mod. This way you won't have to repeat the steps whenever you uninstall/reinstall/change your mods.

To make a mod that just removes the two files, create a folder in your MODS folder, say 'MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters'. Inside that folder, create path data/menu/lenses. In that lenses folder, create two empty files, call them per_filter.tga-remove and obs_filter.tga-remove (make sure your extensions are correct). So it'll look something like this:

Code:
MODS
  ACM Reloaded Remove Filters
    data
      menu
        lenses
          per_filter.tga-remove
          obs_filter.tga-remove
Similarly you can make the mod that alters the menu_1024_786.ini file, only instead of making '-remove' files you'd just place your edited menu_1024_768.ini into MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters/data/menu folder.

That's about it. Installing this mod any time after ACM Reloaded will make those filters go away.

Happy hunting

Last edited by radcapricorn; 01-09-14 at 04:43 AM.
radcapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 06:30 AM   #125
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by radcapricorn View Post
Method 1:

Rename/remove/replace with transparent tga two files data/menu/lenses/{per,obs}_filter.tga. EDIT: come to think of it, removing the files may have adverse effects. I can't test it right now, but on a hindsight this may make your periscope view rather unusable, so it'd be better to either replace them with some fully transparent image, or just use the next method.

Method 2:

Open data/menu/menu_1024_768.ini in your preferred text editor and do a search for per_filter.tga. You should find something like this:

Code:
[G26 I177]
Name=Karamazov's Filter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x0x26123461
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/Lenses/per_filter.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x21
TexFmt=0x9
In my stored copy of ACM Reloaded it's item [G26 I177]. I don't know if my version is the same as yours, so item number may be different. In any case, in that item, there's an entry Color=0xFFFFFFFF. Change it to Color=0xFFFFFF00. That'll make the item fully transparent
Repeat for obs_filter.tga (for me it's item [G2B I118]).

Regardless of the method you choose, I'd advise you to do it on the mod side: either uninstall ACM Reloaded, do the changes to the mod itself and then install it again, or just make another mod. This way you won't have to repeat the steps whenever you uninstall/reinstall/change your mods.

To make a mod that just removes the two files, create a folder in your MODS folder, say 'MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters'. Inside that folder, create path data/menu/lenses. In that lenses folder, create two empty files, call them per_filter.tga-remove and obs_filter.tga-remove (make sure your extensions are correct). So it'll look something like this:

Code:
MODS
  ACM Reloaded Remove Filters
    data
      menu
        lenses
          per_filter.tga-remove
          obs_filter.tga-remove
Similarly you can make the mod that alters the menu_1024_786.ini file, only instead of making '-remove' files you'd just place your edited menu_1024_768.ini into MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters/data/menu folder.

That's about it. Installing this mod any time after ACM Reloaded will make those filters go away.

Happy hunting
Hey radcapricorn,

Thanks for taking the time to share this info, i will give it a try over the weekend
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 07:39 AM   #126
paromi
Swabbie

Downloads: 71
Default I need a Tutorial for Manual Targeting (GWX,OLC,ACM,TMTv2)

I,m Searching the Web for some Tutorials but i Cant find any... The Links for ACM Reloaded Tutorials are Down.... I hope someone can help me ,,, Thanks
paromi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 03:05 PM   #127
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Does the 2nd (tutorial) link in the 1st message not suffice?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=191

I know it is short, but I don't have that mod. So the tutorial videos neither. (or whatever is in that Manual-Targeting.zip on File-Front) But some of those tools are based upon other mods like OLCs GUI, or Makman's GUI mod. So tutorials for those might also apply (with a little grain of salt in exact 'how to...' execution).
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 07:43 AM   #128
steevo45
A-ganger

Downloads: 483
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update

I'm going to install OLC Gold mk2 and after ALC reloaded but where can I download the OLC Gold mk 2 update which I suppose is necessary. Can't see it on the downloads section.
Help much appreciated!
steevo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 09:53 AM   #129
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo45 View Post
I'm going to install OLC Gold mk2 and after ALC reloaded but where can I download the OLC Gold mk 2 update which I suppose is necessary. Can't see it on the downloads section.
Help much appreciated!

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...IId_Update.rar

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 08:31 AM   #130
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294
Default Want to make sure it is what is expected

Hi everyone. I just decided to start a new campaign using mods from one of my favorite YouTube LetsPlay (Frontier..) personalities.
This brought me to here so this is my list of mods (everything works fine).

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships

I love the OLC dials and I'm not sure if it's ACM or TMT that changes the dial from the little scratch marks to what looks like a pointer (pretty cool).. and the map is very challenging.. (no pictures of docks, limited zoom).. I'm thinking it must be more realistic.. because I don't think the sub commanders had little icons driving around the map with tails..

Anway.. the one question I had was that notice when I go to the TDC map.. the TDC takes up the entire screen, so there is no longer a map showing what the projected torpedo path will be. I just want to make sure this is how it was intended.. It really makes it challenging but if that's more realistic then I'll take it!!

I really found with these mods that I have to think a bit more, be more patient, plan better, etc.. it is very fun and challenging!

Well, off to my little IIA !

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 08:57 PM   #131
Hrafn
Nub

Downloads: 28

Hej! Do you have any alive links for that?

ACM Lite Map
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded (is this fix FMNI2?)

Thnx
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 11:33 PM   #132
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Hej! Do you have any alive links for that?

ACM Lite Map
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded (is this fix FMNI2?)

Thnx

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S.../KARAMAZOVNEW/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 09:23 AM   #133
Piojo
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Would like some working links as well for ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
and ACM Lite Map. Just like with olc nothing seems to work. Someone was kind enough to help me out with that though.

Last edited by Piojo; 01-11-16 at 09:41 AM.
Piojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-18, 09:43 PM   #134
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253

A fun mod setup.

Firing this up today after doing some pc repair.

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote