Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-14-10, 05:20 PM   #1441
Bearcat
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Well tell me how to find the ZW free and how much does a Year subscription run? Need informations guys!!!
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 07:31 PM   #1442
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Well tell me how to find the ZW free and how much does a Year subscription run? Need informations guys!!!
Greeting Bearcat,

Just fallow this link and at the bottom it will explain :

http://www.tanksimzw.com/Project-index.htm

Cheers

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 07:42 AM   #1443
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hi my "old" friend

[QUOTE=frinik;1468059]Lc my friend you are worrying too much.The ban in effect in Austria and Germany on display of the Swastika applies only to games being distributed or sold in those countries either online or through the retail market.Since ZeeWolf is neither there is very little likelihood that his mods could be banned or prohibited.Since his website and download sites are in the US which does not forbid display of the Swastika how could the German censor actually stop people from buying his mods?

Frinic, you encourage me. So no problems. Hope "they" think the same way. Thanks a lot and let put another swastika flag on my beloved tank antenna

Have a nice day and good luck with your new GC

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 08-15-10 at 07:57 AM.
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 07:55 AM   #1444
LcSummers
XO

Default OH

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1467797]LC, your the best, you always encourage me with your wit and kind words!

Hi ZW,

thank you but the honor should be and is yours, you are developing this great sim not me. I am only a "player" who enjoys it to the fullest your modded game (sure, not the original one). Dont want to miss it. With your effort it raised to the best tank sim and step by step it really gets every time better and better..

Waiting for some news

LC
Old 08-15-10, 04:26 PM   #1445
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Hi Lc

I didn't read about you in the obituary columns Lc so I knew you were still alive

I'm tied up now with house selling and buying since Mrs Panzer Commander wants to move nearer the Front Line
last attempt ended in failure due to awful situation of house market here in UK.
On a new mission now - fingers crossed (Luger at the ready!!!).
So I'm keeping a low profile but logging in regularly (don't want to miss anything good!!).
Hope all is well on the "crutchles" mobility issue and you are limping better!! (or even not at all).
All the best - Morty
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 08:08 AM   #1446
LcSummers
XO

Default Hi old warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
I didn't read about you in the obituary columns Lc so I knew you were still alive

I'm tied up now with house selling and buying since Mrs Panzer Commander wants to move nearer the Front Line
last attempt ended in failure due to awful situation of house market here in UK.
On a new mission now - fingers crossed (Luger at the ready!!!).
So I'm keeping a low profile but logging in regularly (don't want to miss anything good!!).
Hope all is well on the "crutchles" mobility issue and you are limping better!! (or even not at all).
All the best - Morty

Its been a long time that i heard something about you. Didnt know you want "have" to move.

But armed with your Luger i know a verry good place esp. for you.
What about the Führerbunker. Its a little bit dark, cold and wet but it will stay for 1000 years.
You have no problems with your neighbours when you giving hell those on russian tanks.

It was nice to hear from you again, till weekend

LC

PS: I cross my fingers and wish luck finding a new AA Bunker.
Old 08-27-10, 05:27 AM   #1447
xray11
Nub

Downloads: 12

Right ZeeWolf

Followed you advice, ran through the tutorials and tried out your missions and I'm now pretty much ready to take the plunge.

Could you please point me to a FAQ or list of your mods and any tweaking you have done to the code so I can finally make up my mind.

I'm not pleading poverty, but being a pensioner in the UK at the moment is not the ideal and I have to watch the pennies.I've already told the wife she will have to give up the idea of a new pair of cold weather boots, anyway she will not need them if we stay in over the winter playing T34-Tiger.

Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Xray
xray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 01:38 PM   #1448
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray11 View Post
Right ZeeWolf

Followed you advice, ran through the tutorials and tried out your missions and I'm now pretty much ready to take the plunge.

Could you please point me to a FAQ or list of your mods and any tweaking you have done to the code so I can finally make up my mind.

I'm not pleading poverty, but being a pensioner in the UK at the moment is not the ideal and I have to watch the pennies.I've already told the wife she will have to give up the idea of a new pair of cold weather boots, anyway she will not need them if we stay in over the winter playing T34-Tiger.

Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Xray
That's fantastic Xray!
Well the FAQ page has yet to be compiled but this thread has been used in the interim. Check here for a general list of work done:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168853

I know your joking about the new boots for your sweetheart You'd never
let her get cold feet.

Cheers!
ZeeWolf
Old 08-30-10, 06:44 AM   #1449
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default August Updates

Hello Master Zee!

It's been a long time since I posted .I am reading your latest update and impressed by the changes that are coming our way! New models and new mission; good autumn blessings or is it early Thanksgiving?????

Back form my holidays and I got a new graphic card( unfortunately I goofed and ordered the wrong one.The one is not bad but as performing as the one I had in mind ordering.Still it works OK.I get fps of 24 to 36 playing your Tigers Shake Kurtenki mission with resolution at 1280 x 768 vs half that at 1024 X 768 res. on my laptop)) and I installed Kursk mission 2.Tough nut to crack but lovely morning sky!!!!

BTW why was a new Tiger model needed???In what way is you new Tiger different from the original TvsT one????

One question; is there a mechanism in the Mission Editor that allows for more randomness in the missions????It wiould be nice to replay the same missions with the tanks and vehicles starting from a different spot or with slight variations that would allow you to play/complete the missions in a different fashion/????

Cheers and thanks for the back-to-school goodies....

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 12:28 PM   #1450
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hello Master Zee!

It's been a long time since I posted .I am reading your latest update and impressed by the changes that are coming our way! New models and new mission; good autumn blessings or is it early Thanksgiving?????

Back form my holidays and I got a new graphic card( unfortunately I goofed and ordered the wrong one.The one is not bad but as performing as the one I had in mind ordering.Still it works OK.I get fps of 24 to 36 playing your Tigers Shake Kurtenki mission with resolution at 1280 x 768 vs half that at 1024 X 768 res. on my laptop)) and I installed Kursk mission 2.Tough nut to crack but lovely morning sky!!!!

BTW why was a new Tiger model needed???In what way is you new Tiger different from the original TvsT one????

One question; is there a mechanism in the Mission Editor that allows for more randomness in the missions????It wiould be nice to replay the same missions with the tanks and vehicles starting from a different spot or with slight variations that would allow you to play/complete the missions in a different fashion/????

Cheers and thanks for the back-to-school goodies....

Frinik
Hey frinik welcome back!
You ordered the wrong video card You mean you have even more bad
luck with buying online? It's got to be a conspiracy man!
As far as the new Tiger model goes, I want the Tiger I to be the premier
tank of the game and therefore the need to remodel the Tiger to the best
playable tank. The old one is not as technically correct or as well modeled
as it could have been so I want to fix that. The randomness feature is coming as with allot of things on the list to do

Cheers, and BTW what video card do you now have?

ZW
Old 08-30-10, 10:31 PM   #1451
frinik
Grey Wolf

Hi Zee,

I ordered a Sapphire ATI HD5550 ultimate 1gb ddr3 instead of the HD5570 that I had in mind.It's really my fault Master Zee I just confused the numbers on the order form.

That new card is good but not as performing as the one I had in mind.Still I play TvsT with much higher fps.

I will buy myself another ATI card for X mas.This time I'll make sure it's the right one....

Good work and definitely excited about the upcoming changes and mission.

Regards Mr. Zee
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 12:45 AM   #1452
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

frinik and LC,
I have good news: A kamerad has a 4850 that he overclocked and reported
very good results. He said he max out the memory speed over 1000mhz. I
checkout your HD5550 and you should be able to also. LC has a HD5550 (I
think) too so I would like to know if he OC'd his. So basically your fine in the
GPU department just give the OC a try.

Cheers

ZW
Old 09-01-10, 03:11 PM   #1453
tvt_addict
Swabbie

Default Well I tried the Christmas Present mission and...

It took me days to read through what must be the longest thread in the history of forums, but I got to the last page eventually.

A quick bit about me. I bought TvT a couple of years ago as it seemed just right. I played the single player missions and then tried online via Gameranger. It soon became obvious that there were problems, so I set about finding solutions. I created the following site for anyone having problems setting the original game up.

http://www.hitenter.co.uk/tvt

I couldn't believe how popular it became, and thanks to French and German enthusiasts it is in multilingual format. (I am now living in France with an ADSL line that disappears every hour or so....).

I have played on Gameranger hundreds of times in standard mode, and those who have the game configured correctly have as well. It has been incredible fun.

I have tried MMP5 single player, but not had a chance to try it online yet. A PC rebuild and telephony problems here have prevented that.

Now, today I tried the Christmas present, and have hit a problem, but have no idea what it is? The same happens in MMP5, but not in the standard game.

I can start and run the game, but after a short while the screen freezes and locks the pc solid. I have tried reducing the resolution to 1024x1280 (instead of 1650x1050) but it still does it. All the graphics sliders are on 50% and anti-aliasing is off. It is in full screen mode.

My pc is:

AMD Athlon x2 5000+ Dual Core (wish I knew a safe way to overclock this).
GeForce 9500GT 1gb
4gb DDR2 ram (667mhz ...I think).
Brand new high spec motherboard and case.
Plus a top grade cooler and a 650w high quality PSU.
(My Dell C521 blew so I transplanted what I could onto a proper ATX so that I can upgrade anything I want now).

Frame Rates:

Standard single player = 40-50fps
Standard online = 30fps - 40fps
MMP5 single player = 30fps
Zeewolf single player = 25 - 40fps

I also use a Belkin N52 tournament edition game controller. This is one of the few that will work with TvT as it has its own flash memory and is programmable. I can start the tank and get moving with two key presses, and switch between commander/gunner, open and close hatches, switch views etc in milliseconds.

I also wanted to say that Zeewolf you have done a stunning job, and I hope that between yourself on this project and the MMP5 crew on theirs that we can all have the best of both worlds.

If I can get over this glitch I will gladly pay up.

Cheers

Rob G
PS - How do you clear the cache??
tvt_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 04:00 PM   #1454
morttheslayer
Soundman

tvst addict - welcome

Hi tvst good that your thinking of joining - when you get your PC sorted you won't be sorry.

You asked how to clear the cach, I believe (haven't turned PC on to check so perhaps some kind member will confirm) you'll find it in the lighthouse folder when you've expanded the files. ZeeWolf has referred to clearing the cach previously. When you find it double click and it's run.
Zee also mentions bringing it onto your desktop as a shortcut for easy access since the cach, if not cleared, can cause game problems.

The only other things I can think of (purely generalising) that may cause your problems are memory leak or a component overheating. I'm giving my opinion and am aware I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but if you can eliminate say overheating from GPU and CPU it is helpful. Also is TvsT the only game to do this? Have you compared it to others?
If you dont have a utility for monitoring temperature you might have to do a nifty shift into the BIOS to check temps. I say nifty as you need to be quick as they might cool off a little if you're slow to boot into it after a "heat" application. Still I don't want to treat you like a numpty you're obviously competent enough to rebuild your rig after your Dell gave you problems.

Some of us had problems and upon re-installation they were fixed - I reinstalled 3 times once!! So don't rule that avenue out.

Here's hoping you have some success troubleshooting,
Mr Zees the main man and if he gives any advice I would always defer to him.

All the Best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 05:50 PM   #1455
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Thanks Morty, and hello tvst addict,
The first thing I have to ask is: Do you have the graphics files installed?

If not DL them and install them:

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/

You can put them in your windows\system32 folder or T34 vs Tiger folder.

The next thing I want to know is there any mixing of mpp5 mod files with
my ZW mod files?

If so, that is major problem. Fix that.

Your system is pretty powerful you should be ok (5000 WOW!). You can set your
res at 1680 x 1050 and try full settings. Then if you need to adjust start by
turning off Forest animation. Then set your Shadows one notch down. Then
turn you Anti-Alias down to 4 and Anisotropic filtering down to 2 on your
video card settings. then if that does not help reduce your resolution.

Remember: One the Video files and Two the mixing of Mod files.

Cheers

ZeeWolf

PS: If I were you with your AMD I would get a new video card from ATI like
a HD5770 (They are dirt cheap now) and the fastest RAM I could get for your MB.