SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default [Rel] Plane spotter guide

Plane spotter guide slide downs / slide out
Uploaded in the download sectiob


Copy and paste the following block into your menu 1024_768.
Back up original first.
Copy and paste attached tga files Alliedforces and Axisforces into data, menu, gui,layout folder

Now when you move the cursor to the top right and left hand corners the plane spotter guide will appear / slide down on the bridge for recognition.
Readme in file
Full credit for original files to Sub-lynx


[G34 I2]
Name=Spotter
Type=1026
ItemID=0x34000001
ParentID=0x34000000
Pos=1023,768,1,1424
VertSlide=768

[G34 I3]
Name=Axisforces
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x34000002
ParentID=0x34000001
Pos=-785,0,785,656
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/Menu/Gui/Layout/Axisforces.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
BmpState=1

[G34 I4]
Name=Spotter
Type=1026
ItemID=0x34000003
ParentID=0x34000000
Pos=0,768,1,1424
VertSlide=768

[G34 I5]
Name=Alliedforces
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x34000004
ParentID=0x34000003
Pos=0,0,785,656
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/Menu/Gui/Layout/Alliedforces.tga
MatFlags=0x29
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
areo16
Weps
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 352
Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default

Neat. You gotta link?
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
Neat. You gotta link?
Sorry I always forget to leave the link

In download section

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4296
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
JeromeHeretic
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N 50 4 E 14 25
Posts: 79
Downloads: 198
Uploads: 0
Default

When i see an airplane, do crash dive, so it seems to be a bit useless for me.
I'm not interesting about type of aircraft, which drops me a bomb to the head. :-)
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #5
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
When i see an airplane, do crash dive, so it seems to be a bit useless for me.
I'm not interesting about type of aircraft, which drops me a bomb to the head. :-)
I understand, this is really just eye candy but I thought it was something cool to have in the screen.....
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
Anvar1061
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,098
Downloads: 575
Uploads: 0
Default

SSS
One of tasks of observers in due time to find enemy planes. For this purpose reference books with silhouettes are necessary to them!


Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
SSS
One of tasks of observers in due time to find enemy planes. For this purpose reference books with silhouettes are necessary to them!




Would not want to shoot down a friendly airplane !!!!
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
sublynx
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Posts: 1,665
Downloads: 172
Uploads: 7
Default

Cool I thought about doing something like this but never got around to it.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NYGM+H.sie v16+Stiebler 4C+MaGui WS
sublynx is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
Cool I thought about doing something like this but never got around to it.

Well to be fair I just changed the graphics to your charts mod......all credit is yours for original set up
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #10
sublynx
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Posts: 1,665
Downloads: 172
Uploads: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Well to be fair I just changed the graphics to your charts mod......all credit is yours for original set up
A little bit of old, a little of new - that's how the game evolves. I only accept the smallest part of the credit and leave the rest to you and those game developers and modders whose work I changed
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NYGM+H.sie v16+Stiebler 4C+MaGui WS
sublynx is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 994
Downloads: 988
Uploads: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Copy and paste the following block into your menu 1024_768.
Back up original first.
Copy and paste attached tga files Alliedforces and Axisforces into data, menu, gui,layout folder
This is a good example to use JTXE enabler which is a program for modding text files. JSGME is for mods overall. Think of JTXE as a program for merging text into text based files. It has capability of enabling and disabling text.

Enable mods: JSGME first, JTXE last
Disabling mods: JTXE first, JSGME last

Just another way to do it. Just spreading the word again.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 01-27-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
This is a good example to use JTXE enabler which is a program for modding text files. JSGME is for mods overall. Think of JTXE as a program for merging text into text based files. It has capability of enabling and disabling text.

Enable mods: JSGME first, JTXE last
Disabling mods: JTXE first, JSGME last

Just another day to do it. Just spreading the word again.
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim