SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 10:02 AM   #91
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Nice one

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 11:22 AM   #92
Thymo
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Amazing work! Can't wait until we see a release (but do take your time).

What are your guys' plans on simulating electrical systems on board? Will we have to replace blown fuses after we get hit by depth charges. And what about broken systems in general? Will it just be simple option to repair a thing or do we actually have to replace parts My Summer Car style?
Thymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 05:19 AM   #93
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymo View Post

What are your guys' plans on simulating electrical systems on board? Will we have to replace blown fuses after we get hit by depth charges. And what about broken systems in general? Will it just be simple option to repair a thing or do we actually have to replace parts My Summer Car style?
I second that! Also, I hope that repairs at sea are more makeshift than in other subsims - I think it should be extremely hard to restore damaged subsystems back to 100% outside of a dockyard. Great work so far.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 12:32 PM   #94
Napalm42
Watch

Looking great so far guys! So different from the super early build I played back when it was Marulken, but different in a direction I like!
Napalm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:17 AM   #95
B_K
Bosun

Hello! Good work! However I noticed that you blow ballast with vents open :-) That may not work :-) I have another suggestion - the boat definetely needs to be more inert, more "heavier". 30 seconds for submerging is absolute minimum at flank speed, and far more from a full stop.
B_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:10 PM   #96
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymo View Post

Currently the only electrical system we simulate is the fact that the uboat can charge and discharge the battery.

We don't have a damage model for the uboat. We might build one in the future, for instance the periscope or rudder might get damaged, but you won't be able to repair damage during the mission.

Replacing broken fuses and doing repair/maintenance work is not really a tactical decition. We want to minimize the ammount of chores the players have to do, and focus more on strategy, tactics and teamplay.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:13 PM   #97
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_K View Post
Hello! Good work! However I noticed that you blow ballast with vents open :-) That may not work :-) I have another suggestion - the boat definetely needs to be more inert, more "heavier". 30 seconds for submerging is absolute minimum at flank speed, and far more from a full stop.
Thanks! You are correct, we wasted a lot of compressed air making that video

You are right that the boat should have more inertia, and take longer to dive. We are still experimenting with weights and forces.
Old 09-07-17, 06:28 PM   #98
NightFromTheWest12
Watch

Downloads: 1

Can't wait to try this baby out!
Old 09-10-17, 12:09 PM   #99
Pikes
Seaman

Downloads: 42

Ahhh, this is going down the right line. Something with some complexity, forcing people to work together as a team.

As long as it has some difficulty sliders we can keep everyone happy. I'm a 100% realism guy but appreciate the 80% guys wanting to play too.

The detail looked fantastic, keep it up!!!
Pikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 03:09 AM   #100
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon14

Yes, this is going towards the right direction!
The attention to detail is breathtaking, so much detailed and working instruments and devices. SkvaderStudios really paid attention to detail on U-995.
A lot of those to-be-used levers and switches add to the atmosphere and to the feeling of really actuating and d(r)iving the boat. Not all can be modelled of course, and it would be too much since you needed a real life training to know all about the innards, but this looks just so right.
Thank you for your work! Looking forward

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 07:45 PM   #101
triple111
Nub

Downloads: 1

Out of curiousity, what is the polycount on your model?
triple111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 01:01 AM   #102
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6

Very nice

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 02:50 AM   #103
Sharpshooter
Herr Kaleun

Downloads: 31

Wow.... This is what I always wanted. And no VR requirement? Kickass!

I'll throw my wallet at the screen the first chance I get.
Sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 11:12 AM   #104
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489

Icon14

I've been following the development with a lot of interest - the visuals look outstanding from what I've seen in the videos, very promising and great work!

I am wondering about the details of the TDC. SH3 and SH5 unfortunately both got it wrong to an extent and left out one major detail which was a defining feature of the German TDC. Although the TDC didn't track the target per se like the American one did, There was a feature called "Lage laufend", which, when activated, automatically updated the Gyro angle to account for any subsequent motion of the U-boat. In SH3 and SH5, if you change course, you need to redo your inputs, a huge disadvantage that wasn't necessary in real life. It was a common tactic of the U-boat to shoot "im Abdrehen", "while turning", during a night surface attack to enable a quicker escape, a tactic which was made possible by this feature of the TDC.

Not sure how far along in terms of development of this aspect of the Sim you are, but would be great to finally see!

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 07:14 AM   #105
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
I've been following the development with a lot of interest - the visuals look outstanding from what I've seen in the videos, very promising and great work!

I am wondering about the details of the TDC. SH3 and SH5 unfortunately both got it wrong to an extent and left out one major detail which was a defining feature of the German TDC. Although the TDC didn't track the target per se like the American one did, There was a feature called "Lage laufend", which, when activated, automatically updated the Gyro angle to account for any subsequent motion of the U-boat. In SH3 and SH5, if you change course, you need to redo your inputs, a huge disadvantage that wasn't necessary in real life. It was a common tactic of the U-boat to shoot "im Abdrehen", "while turning", during a night surface attack to enable a quicker escape, a tactic which was made possible by this feature of the TDC.

Not sure how far along in terms of development of this aspect of the Sim you are, but would be great to finally see!
You are correct, and this is a feature that we have implemented. When the u boat is turning, the AOB (but not the heading or distance) values are updated.

Tags
hms marulken, subsim, u-boat, usurpator, wolfpack