SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-24, 04:33 PM   #1
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Commander problems--

Get one solved, another pops up. I'm using GWX with the MagUI (which I love). I'm trying (and trying) to install SH3 Commander, mainly to turn off the fatigue factor, and I'm having issues. Example--I start the career in Commander with 2nd flotilla and it ALWAYS puts me in the 1st flotilla. I didn't check "Start patrol at sea", but it often starts the patrol at sea. I've installed the cfg files needed for GWX which help somewhat, but I still get bounced to the 1st flotilla in Kiel. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 03:47 AM   #2
Captain Drastic
Seaman

Downloads: 611
Uploads: 0
Default You still need to...

...click the arrows when you go to the campaign screen. Commander shows the choices you made for flotilla and year above the click arrows, but does not put you there automatically. The best thing is that you can control the exact details of so much in addition to the base. The wonders of SH3 Commander are a beautiful thing to enjoy...

Just a thought, if you have the Blank Campaigns for Single Mission still loaded, then you start on the Equator west of Guinea, I have done that before.

The MagUI has nothing to do with Commander, because it does not alter flotilla files.
I myself use MagUI-F, and you are right about loving it.

If you have the latest version of Commander and the GWX files for it then things should work if you are running straight GWX and no extra mods that alter flotillas. Anything that alters flotillas will affect Commander.

Last edited by Captain Drastic; 03-17-24 at 04:12 AM.
Captain Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote